Denton, TX

Posted May 05, 2015
We have been at Calvary for 11years, and loved it! It has grown and overcome early challenges. Our oldest son was accepted into TX A&M's engineering program straight out of Calvary. (2009). He's now completed college & is a very successful construction engineer. However, the positive Christ centered atmosphere is our number one draw. It is amazing! Our second son has three years left, and he's so happy. We wouldn't change a thing.

Posted June 10, 2013
Our experience at DCA has been outstanding. The staff and board take their positions seriously and do a great job in handling situations. Running a school is every bit as challenging as running a business and they create good balance in all facets of the program. As a product of public school, I am very pleased with the curriculum and focus on character, integrity, relationships as most important. Graduating 8th graders are more prepared than I was coming out of a local public high school. Even though running a school is like running a business, I very much appreciate that the board and staff keep priorities (the children first). A university model is not for everyone as it requires a large commitment from the parents (both financial and time). It was certainly the right choice for our family -- kids love it and do not want to attend anywhere else.

Posted February 10, 2013
Choosing DCA was a huge decision for us. I was worried about the homeschool part. My son started in 6th grade and did need some help, mostly because he hadn't received the academic skills he needed in public school. In 7th grade he is completely independent, just like college. We started my other son in 4th and he loves it! He attends the PE class and is receiving excellent sports skills training from his soon-to-be football coaches. What a bonus! Superior Admin, Teachers and Coaches. Excellent academics, highly competitive sports. Awesome Christian culture!

Denton Calvary Academy 1

Posted December 24, 2012
DCA has a well run sports program. Education is less than one would expect from a private school.

Posted March 28, 2012
DCA is a fantastic school. The principal (Stacey Baxter) is an outstanding leader and hires excellent teachers. Our kids have been there for 2 years and they really love it. The elementary class sizes are small (8 to 12 kids), which allows great teacher/student interaction. The other parents are outstanding, and Christian values are definitely emphasized in this school. This is not for everyone, as parental involvement (co-teaching) is required.

Posted December 15, 2009
We were in a great school district-Aubrey and our children had grown up in the school system, so for us it was a big decision. We have felt it was one of our best decisions, we have seen a benefit in both of our children. As great as any public school is, it does not provide anywhere close to the wonderful Christian enviroment we have found at Denton Calvary. We wanted an advanced curriculum for our chidren (which DCA provides) and we love the university model process which allows us to be involved in our childrens' lives, while preparing them for college. The ability to use their computer system to check up on your child's progress at anytime is tremendous. Great group of educators and staff! For someone who knew no one (student or faculty) before we enrolled our children 1 1/2 years ago, I recommend the school highly.

Posted May 20, 2009
I am sad to hear this was the experience of this parent. We have attended Denton Calvary Academy for the last five years and have been very pleased with our experience, including academically. While I understand that this schooling model is not for every famly for many different reasons, it is most certainly a viable option for many. I must say that for each negative mentioned above we have experienced the opposite. If your family is considering this option, please come and visit and perhaps those people whom this parent came in contact with have moved on. We have loved it and it has been a blessing to our family.

Denton Calvary Academy 1

Posted January 09, 2009
Teachers and Principals with no experience, unsafe playground, poor academics and rude staff caused us to pull our child out. We received a valuable lesson at this school - not to give any school a pass because it has the word 'Christian' in the title.

Posted November 09, 2007
We put our kids here for a variety of reasons. When we enrolled them, we were very unsure of what we might find there. I can't tell you enough about this school. It has been a huge blessing for not only my children, but our family as a whole. The teachers pray before class, the children are respectful of not only their teachers, but of each other. Having your children at home on the off days are such a blessing (believe it or not...!) I was not a homeschooling parent, so that was my biggest concern, but our whole family is loving it. Parents are always aware of what their children are learning. Go to a parent meeting. You will be impressed!

Denton Calvary Academy

Posted October 21, 2007
I am a parent of three adopted, post-institutionalized children from Russian orphanages. We homeschooled the children in order to teach them language and basic character and life skills. Public school was a disaster that created more problems and didn't educate them at all - which was the whole purpose of school! DCA has been a Godsend to our family. Having qualified, competent teachers who care about the students and respect the parents has been a huge step forward from public school. The alternate daily schedule where we homeschool according to the teacher's lesson plan has taken the pressure out of homeschooling. The teacher is who makes the rules for the school. As a parent, you get to do the parenting part which is to mentor and support your child and be involved in their education. The child gets the quality education and socialization they need.

Denton Calvary Academy
Po Box 2414, Denton, TX  76202
(940) 320-1944
Last modified Denton Calvary Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Denton Calvary Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top