Nelson Elementary School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
My son went here for Kinder in 2010-11. Our experience was great, and Mrs. D was a wonderful instructor. Everyone was so kind and the facility was new and very nicely planned out.

Nelson Elementary School 5

Posted November 12, 2013
This is a great school. We have only had positive interactions here. My children have learned so much and the teachers really care. The principal is very friendly and very accommodating to our family!

Nelson Elementary School 1

Posted October 14, 2013
I had problems with my daughter at this school last year. I pulled her out to go to another school in the district. My Multi disabled son was called in to go to this school this year as they were to have better programs for him than his last school. Sadly mistaken. In the 6 weeks he had been there they have not taught him a thing they said they would. My son LOVED going to school. He had no desire anymore and cries to stay home. This school is horrible. The staff is rude, uneducated, and just plain out not fit to be dealing with children.

Nelson Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2010
We have mixed feelings after coming from another school in the district. Our child's grades have decreased and overall interest in school is not what it was. We understand some of this could be due to the move, but this campus is not as friendly as the previous school. We've had one phenomenal teacher and a not so great teacher here, and the principal is rather cold and unapproachable. Another big issue is the lack of a school zone. Children are expected to walk along a stretch of 50 MPH road to school and this is extremely unsafe! The children perform well on tests and are learning, but we feel like there is room for improvement that could take this school from adequate to fantastic. We hope that as this new school "matures," this will happen.

Posted October 09, 2009
I think Nelson has awesome teachers and staff who are dedicated to the students.

Posted October 03, 2009
All of the teachers and workers at Nelson are very helpful and nice. They actually care about their students and their parents. Everyone seems to work together very well.

Posted October 03, 2009
great teachers,friendly atmophere,caring staff, clean facitities, I know when I send my child he will be treated fairly, kindly, and caring

Nelson Elementary School 5

Posted September 19, 2009
I have a special needs son. The school and district staff have been very accomodating and understanding. I love my childrens teachers as well. This school is one of the best in the area!

Posted July 31, 2009
Nelson elementary is an amazing school. My kindergartener was in Mrs. Davidson's class and I was sad when the school year ended. She taught him a lot and made the most amazing Mother's Day present for all the moms by compiling all the kid's favorite food their moms make. I cried when i got mine.

Posted March 25, 2009
I love this school. I have a Student in Mrs. Bakers K class and she is amazing. My daughter has learned so much.

Nelson Elementary School
3909 Teasley Lane, Denton, TX  76210
Last modified Nelson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nelson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top