Public charter
Denton, TX
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

WINFREE MISSION: The mission of Winfree Academy Charter High School is to create a supportive, safe environment that motivates, educates, and trains students so they can graduate from high school prepared with the skills and abilities needed for higher education, employment, and life. Winfree Academy Charter High Schools seeks to fulfill its mission through operating charter schools for high school students throughout the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area. The charter school system as a whole and each campus individually seeks not only to help students to achieve academically in high school but to graduate from high school prepared to achieve success in whatever endeavor they choose. Winfree Academy utilizes a proven instructional strategy that combines textbooks and computer-based work in a personalized learning setting that allows students to take control of their academic progress while ensconced in a supportive environment with staff who strive every day to ensure that both the students' social service and academic needs are being met. Winfree Academy high school graduates have gone on to succeed in virtually all post-high school opportunities including attending and graduating from trade schools, vocational schools, four-year colleges and universities as well as finding success as entrepreneurs.
November 1, 2010

Posted April 30, 2012
All staff at this school care greatly for students. They have gone above and beyond to help me graduate this year. Without Winfree I would be a high school drop out with no plan for the future. Now I am graduating and attending NCTC in the fall. Thank you Winfree for helping me see I can have a better future.

Posted January 06, 2011
Winfree Academy changed my life. I have never met teachers who care more for there students and there well being. I am very proud to say i not only went to Winfree but graduated early. Winfree was the best thing to happen to me in my high school years.

Posted August 22, 2010
My son was not motivated, was not ingaged, and was falling behind at our public high school. Winfree was our only hope to see him graduate and succeed. The teachers and staff are highly qualified, certified teachers or care about their students and go above the call to see the students be successful and graduate. Winfree was the best thing that happened to my son. He got caught up, his grades became higher, and he graduated. He is in college now and using his tools of independent study learned at Winfree to be successful in his college career. Thank you Winfree!

Winfree Academy Charter School Den 1

Posted June 12, 2008
If you are looking for a school that well help motivate your student, this is not the one for you. If you are looking for a school that keeps you informed, this is not the school for you.

Posted April 18, 2008
I'll be honest and say that this isn't the right environment for everyone. For some students, however, this is the only environment that works. Also, the teachers at this campus well exceeds what we'd see at our ISD. Everyone just cares so much.

Posted December 20, 2007
A school trying to help out students that have fallen through the cracks at Denton ISD.

Winfree Academy Charter School Den
518 Acme Street, Denton, TX  76205
Last modified Winfree Academy Charter School Den is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winfree Academy Charter School Den Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top