The Education Center At Denton 1

Posted December 15, 2014
This school is a joke run by a superintendent with a doctorate from an unaccredited university, an uncertified principal and teachers who are unable to attain their teacher certification. My child was not only a grade level behind when I finally removed her from this hellhole, but she was also emotionally scarred from the bullying that was never handled by the principal or higher level administration. It went on for months with no punishment for the bully before I finally said enough. They don't care about teaching kids at this horrible place-they only care about how much money your kid can make them. Your kid is better off being homeschooled than being subjected to this poor excuse for a school.

Posted September 02, 2012
Great new principal this year and she's off to a fantastic start! The school was a bit disorganized for the first 3 years we were there. But the benefits outweighed the negatives, so we have stayed around. I'm glad Dr. Stanley, the superintendent, is so active at the campus and the new principal, Mrs. Tarraba, is so professional and caring. Things are so different this year in a good way!

The Education Center At Denton 1

Posted August 30, 2011
It didn't work for one son who was bullied. Nothing was done until he got mad. And then the principal was too busy sorting cookie dough to help or get to the bottom of the problem. Doing much better at public school. Some of the teachers are wonderful, Mr Ralph, Mrs. Weathers, Mrs. Peterson, Mrs. Devers, Mr. Caughlin. The rest ?????

The Education Center At Denton 4

Posted May 26, 2011
I moved my son to this school after failing miserably in Denton ISD Middle School. Within the first 3 weeks I could see the confidence in my son soar, as well as his grades. The communication between the teacher and I is better than what I was receiving previously too. My son will be returning for 7th grade and I am considering sending my 8 year old here when it's time to transition him to middle school. There are sports, tutoring, dances, etc. so I don't feel my son is missing out on anything extra-curricular.

Posted January 02, 2011
My daughter has attened this school, after attending Evers Park for Kindergarten. With in two months of being in this first grade class with Mrs. Devers, her reading skills have doubled. Her hand writing has greatly improved and she gets so much more out of the same ciriculuum as public school. The classes are so much smaller, and because they enforce personal responsiblity for lessons and homework, my daughter is really excelling. I could not believe how much she can read now, new books, and just loves the library because now sh eknows phonics and constructing words. She was even showing me digraph and trigraph phonic sounds. My daughter has made great friends and really likes the integration of the other grades. First Grade gets 5 stars for me.

The Education Center At Denton 2

Posted January 25, 2010
I find the school to be an unorganized mess. The students teach themselves by doing packets. if you need help, you raise a flag for the teacher to come to your cube. I agree with the review that special ed. student are placed in with advanced kids. there is not computer lab, science lab or lab equipment, and a bare library. To me this is more of a hardship school for troubled students...

The Education Center At Denton 2

Posted May 26, 2009
I was extremely disappointed with this school. My child did not receive the individual attention that they say each child receives. There is no structured PE or Art classes, which was a major disappointment because I asked about those before I signed my child up. This school did not live up to all the promises it made when I went to visit the previous year, and I feel as if I was lied to. If you have a child that will work well on their own and doesn't need help then this school may be good for them, but if you have a child that is right on the edge and needs just a little more help then keep them where they are because I think my child got more attention in the Denton ISD school that she attended.

The Education Center At Denton 3

Posted February 24, 2009
My daughter likes the school alot. She is in the eight grade. However the problem I see is that they put the special education kids with all the other kids and really do not see that they get the help they need. Also, the school doesn't have extra activities to keep the teenagers active. My daughter will not be attenting hight school at The Education Center after this year

The Education Center At Denton 4

Posted June 24, 2008
Excellent school. Excellent administrator. Dr. Farley is amazing. Great teachers, too. Very happy with my son's progress!

Posted May 05, 2008

The Education Center At Denton
4601 Interstate 35 Frontage Road, Denton, TX  76207
(940) 383-1972
Last modified The Education Center At Denton is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Education Center At Denton Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top