Denton, TX
Students enrolled: 2,081

Posted March 19, 2014
I am the parent of a recent graduate and a current senior. Both had good grades (top 10%). DHS has some amazing teachers, but it is ruled by self-proclaimed tenured teachers who bully students, parents, and younger teachers. Most subjects, with the exception of history, are well-taught. Beware of misleading claims made by the IB Programme. Most schools probably give favors to children of district employees, but the favoritism at DHS is noticeable. DHS is a good fit if you cherish academics more than your child's self-concept. You cannot keep your child safe from bullies when bullying starts at the top. I wanted to love DHS, but I would look elsewhere if I had it to do again.

Posted March 04, 2014
Just like any school, you get out what you put in. I knew kids that flunked out, but I got a full ride to a fantastic university because of the teachers and staff at this school. Sure, it may not be the newest or the prettiest, but the teachers clearly care for their students. In four years I only had one teacher that I would say "wasn't a good teacher" but even he was a good person.

Posted October 21, 2013
filled with drugs and gangs and sex. Not a great place at all. I recently moved. But I remember the classes being mostly packets nor teaching. Tons of negativity. Just a terrible place.

Denton High School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My son is a freshman at Denton High. He loves it. He said all of his teachers are nice. He loves playing football and likes all the coaches. So far so good. It's in a great location too. Close by downtown Denton Square, UNT, and TWU.

Posted April 13, 2013
Fabulous school. During my 4 years at DHS I had some of the best teachers. The school has an amazing fine arts department, though sports definitely lacks in some areas. DHS consistantly gets high test scores and many students go on to very prestigious schools. Some teachers should be removed, as is always the case, but most not only love their jobs but are truly inspiring and will work for their students success.

Posted September 17, 2012
Horrid. Due to problems at Denton High School after Guyer opened the district rezoned south Denton kids to DHS. The district provides no transportation to these kids for tutorials or extracurricular activities, rather blames working parents for holding a job and thus being unable spend their days chauffeuring kids around town (an hour round trip to and from school vs. 10 minutes by car to and from Guyer). The buses are late daily and kids from the south side miss substantial amounts of instructional time. The administration refuses to work with parents and has a very dismissive attitude.

Posted October 02, 2009

Posted September 23, 2009
We are so diverse it's amazing! Everyone is welcome and no one is left out. We may have our own groups of friends but when it comes down to it we are all just a big family and we know we can count on each other. We are the top school in academics! We have the highest SAT and ACT scores out of the three high schools in Denton. We love to have a bunch of diverse kids doing what they love and every kid has a place where they belong. We may play sports, but we know in the end, it's the achademics we do that count, and we work our hardest to make our school number 1!

Denton High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
THere are amazing teachers, who truly care about students.

Denton High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
A very diverse school with excellent programs that engage students with the community.

Denton High School
1007 Fulton Street, Denton, TX  76201
(940) 369-2000
Last modified Denton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top