Posted August 21, 2012
My three children have received an amazing education at Borman Elementary school. Their music program is outstanding. They gave very specialized attention to my daughter who struggled with dyslexia. They involve parents and the community and do a great job.

Borman Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2006
The teachers at this school work extrememly hard. They are dedicated and could really benefit from more postive parent involvement.

Borman Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2005
This is a good school. I was quite happy with my son's experience here in K. However, I do have a concern about the bi-lingual emphasis in the school and question whether that emphasis only helps those learning English.

Borman Elementary School 2

Posted July 15, 2005

Posted December 21, 2004
Borman is a good school with several great teachers. I am happy with the education my son received there (K-3).

Posted December 05, 2004

Borman Elementary School 5

Posted October 20, 2004
Frank Borman Elementary has so many great programs for students of all needs; there are great resources for the top students, the students with particular physical or educational needs, and the students who have artistic talents or athletic abilities. It is diverse and has a great leadership team.

Posted February 25, 2004
In general, the teachers my son has had in his three years at Borman try very hard to be attentive and caring to the kids they have. Mrs. Akers is a very visible Principal and though my son has only been in the office once for negative behavior she recognizes him on sight and can tell me a great deal about how his year is going. The PTA is my real problem - it seems to offer very little in the way of opportunities for working parents to get involved. Even the fund raising is made difficult for working parents because they offer a single pick up day and only from 3-5! Most people in Denton work in Lewisville and surrounding areas and there's no way you can get home in time to pick up the stuff on time.

Borman Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2004
I am not impressed at all with the Principal of this school. My phone calls and emails are never returned, she is never there when I go to the school. There is a high teacher turnover. I think the school is more worried about thier TAKS/academic scores than they are about the individual needs of the students. If I could transfer my child out of this school I would.

Borman Elementary School 5

Posted December 19, 2003
My daughter is currently attending Borman and loves it! Her teachers (Chambers, Swayze, Panter) really care about their kids in the classroom and are very motivated to teach the children what they need to know before being promoted to the next level. The population of this school is diversified. We attended a Christmas program last night and almost every culture was represented in the program. So far we have been very pleased. My only wish is that our PTA would have more parent involvement like the Houston and Wilson schools have. Otherwise, I give this school an A!

Borman Elementary School
1201 Parvin Street, Denton, TX  76205
Last modified Borman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Borman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top