Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The staff members are very committed to the students. The IB Program makes this a dynamic school with a rigorous curriculum. Bullying occurs, as it does in every school. In our experiences, the staff has dealt with bullying promptly.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Because of you don't understand it you can't get helped

I got bullied and now I just want to switch schools but I can't

Calhoun is now back on track to be a really good school now that they have a new principal. Thank goodness the last principal left (or was asked to leave) and took his bullying tactics with him. What a shame that so many excellent teachers left because of his management style of intimidation. Now get rid of the IB program, and Calhoun will flourish. Moral has been at an all-time low. My concern is that two of the assistants under the former principal are still there. Reassign them to different schools and have a clean sweep of the negative influences.

Lazy, teachers don't care, why do students have to "earn" the right to go to the bathroom?

My school is boring and corrupted. Many teachers are lazy, do not teach anything, only yell at us and wait on the day to end. I am a six grade student. That IB is lame, only for their papers, nothing in there.

My child attends Calhoun. One of the best things about Calhoun is that my child looks forward to going to school every morning! I have observed that the teachers are very experienced, caring, attentive to students' needs, and communicate well with parents. The Head of School is a strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills, exceptionally talented at organizing, and a vision for improving the school. The administration as a whole is very efficient and active. The school seems very safe and secure. As a whole, the students seem to be free of worries about safety and are able to spend their mental energy on academics and activities. Calhoun is an International Baccalaureate school, so students learn in a global context. We couldn't be happier with the school, and I'm pleased to see that the administration does not rest on its laurels - the school is always improving.

I certainly did not like this school at all. Teachers were very disrespectful, and I went in to talk to one of the principals, as I went into his office, he went outside saying as if he had to watch what went on in the hallway, I was very ashamed of the way the teachers treated my daughter there.

i really didnt like my children going to CMS. Some of the teachers were rude to my childern. I just over all didnt like the school. I am glad that my childern are out of that school.

Calhoun has the strongest committment to students that I have found. An outstanding fine arts department, excellent support staff and Mr. Sims is one of the best principals I have had for my children. CMS truly makes Denton proud.

Last modified Calhoun Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.