Denton, TX

Posted October 25, 2013
VERY impressed with the faculty and staff at Newton Rayzor Elem! As a retired educator with 32 years teaching experience, I recognize quality when I see it! I'm so happy that my grandchild attends such an outstanding school which is clearly representative of what Denton ISD values in a great education for its students!

Posted October 24, 2013
I love the school and my kids do too! The music and spanish teachers are awesome! My kids love to go to school because they love the IB school style of teaching.

Posted August 22, 2013
Newton Rayzor Elementary is one of the best schools that I have ever seen. My children have been at this elementary from PreK to Fith grade this year!!!! My son also from prek to third this year, they love the school anf teachers, and I am a volunteer at their school.

Newton Rayzor Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2013
Very passionate and committed teachers. Keep up the good work teachers! The children are very blessed to have you. I've not seen so many hard working teachers at a school. The school is improving every year.

Posted March 28, 2013
This School is wonderful!!! The last two Head of School (Principle)assignments have been the best thing for this school. From research I completed and friends that had kids in that school years ago, the school has completely transformed itself from being somewhere where you would not want your kids to go to being one of the most desired schools in Denton. The school has a waiting list that they can never clear due to the high demand and request for transfers to it. The IB program is excellent and teaches the kids how to learn, nopt how to memorize facts. Concepts are discussed and growth is encoraged. I have challenging intelligent kids that push teachers and limits and the school has done a wonderful job teaching and guiding them. Highly recommend. As to bullying, I believe it is taken seriously at the school. Two years ago my daughter received a bullying report for stepping on someones fingers accidently when the student said my daughter had done it on purpose. The counselors spoke with both children and resolved the issue to everyones satisfaction.

Posted February 06, 2013
My daughter attended N. Rayzor for Kindergarden & 1st grade, and part of 2nd grade before we moved. It's a fabulous school. The IB program had my daughter thinking not just about learning but self-improvement as well, and her reading skills developed very quickly. The school doesn't give easy A's, but they do make getting A's easier through involvement with the kids. My daughter also participated in Groove Squad, a cute little dance troupe, and she loved getting active and dancing to music in front of an audience with more kids in her grade. Parents were also encouraged to get involved, and Newton Rayzor made it wasy to keep up with events for parents to attend and help with. Overall, I have to say I'd recommend the school to anyone.

Posted September 09, 2012
Very progressive school with a strong leader! Very peaceful learning environment. My husband and I are professors at UNT and were not pleased with our neighborhood school. We transfered our child who is gifted into Newton Raysor. What difference? He is so happy and challenged! Thank you Denton ISD for bringing IB Program at Elementary Level. Agree with previous reviewer---best kept secret in Denton ISD.

Posted August 02, 2012
I absoultely ADORE the school! We moved to Denton in the beggining of the year from NW Louisiana. My son was in 1st grade. We left a horrible school, where the teacher wouldn't even take the time to teach him to read because he has ADHD and dyslexia. In the matter of 3 months at Newton Rayzor he went from not being able to read, failing everything and severe conduct problems to reading at 2nd grade level, and A in conduct and loving school!! He even told me that he has never had so many friends as he does at Newton Rayzor. Now he loves school and can't wait to start 2nd grade in a few weeks. Any school that can do such an amazing transformation in a 6 year old in less than 3 months is worth 5 stars in my book :)

Posted December 23, 2011
I like this school because there are challenging projects, but the teachers help us. The extracurriculer activities are very good. The principal pays attention to every one and gives a warm greeting to everyone. This school has taken a big leap from where it used to be. The teachers are good and teach in fun ways. Parents are very involved in their childrens classes. Newton Rayzor is a excellent school. It has a strong principal and the teachers are deeply involved with every one of the students.

Newton Rayzor Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2011
Newton Rayzor has some strong points: 1) it's an IB school and the IB program is excellent, 2) the extra curricular activities are excellent and the teachers involved in those activities are devoted to the students, and 3) there is an excellent GT program, 4) the teachers in the lower grades (k-3) are exceptional, 5) parents are very involved, and the school is safe. It also has some weaknesses, though: 1) the administration does not stick by the anti-bullying policy - if your child is bullied, they'll stick it on him and say it's his fault, 2) the upper level teachers (grade 4, 5) are poor communicators (students don't understand assignment, miss parts of it, parents don't get information in a timely manner), poor at classroom management, and do not involve parents in the classroom, 3) the school teaches to the TAKS test. My son's teacher teaches "tricks" to ace the TAKS rather than give a solid grounding in the subjects.

Newton Rayzor Elementary School
1400 Malone Street, Denton, TX  76201
Last modified Newton Rayzor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newton Rayzor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top