Bad
Good

My daughter is 11 and Wilson is our neighborhood school. She went there for first grade and it was a miserable experience. There were 13 in her class and 1-2 student teachers, in addition to the main teacher. My daughter was very quiet and reserved, she was afraid to approach the teacher. We asked the teacher to make adjustments to help with her anxiety, but she did not. She said my daughter was just passive aggressive. My daughter was 6. We even had a 504 on file addressing her anxiety and learning differences, but this was not followed. After several meetings with the counselor and assistant principal and teacher, it became very apparent the leadership was more interested in supporting this teacher and her negative teaching practices than creating an environment that made my daughter feel safe or able to learn. I know of at least six families who left this school after being in this teacher's class. It is truly shameful the experience we had at Wilson, and none of my children will attend there again.

We had Mrs. Cheek as a Kindergarten teacher. She was wonderful as was the entire staff of the school. My daughter really enjoyed going to school everyday. Very impressed. A great school that is known for excellence.

Wonderful school. My two kids attended, and my youngest will be in 5th grade next year. I'll honestly be quite sad when he graduates because I'll miss the dedicated staff, amazing teachers, and thoughtful administrators. They suffered a terrible blow when the funding for Texas schools was cut. They had to let go many teachers and morale suffered a lot. Still a great place but would be so much greater with adequate funding--probably true for all Texas public schools though. The parents of Wilson students tend to be very involved and supportive of each other and the school.

My daughter is in 1st grade of the Dual Language program at Wilson. While she doesn't seem to be absorbing much Spanish, she does love school, and is already reading chapter books independently. Her teachers have all been wonderful, very impressive. She is also in the gifted and talented program, which is fantastic. We moved to this neighborhood primarily so that she could attend this school, and I do not regret that decision.

teachers care about the kids, what more can a parent say!

Wilson Elementary has established a great learning community with a coalition of students, parents, mentors, and staff which allows each child to be successful. We are a Title 1 which serves the needs of all our student population. Our classrooms include iclusion, bilingual,, English as a Second Language learners, gifted studens, and is a melting pot of cultures. All the members of our staff have high academic expectations for our students and as a result we have been in the top 4% of the schools in Texas for two consecutive years.

My three children attended Wilson Elementary and absolutely loved school. Two had perfect attendance and my daughter missed one day. It says alot for the fantastic, motivating teachers. They have grown to be productive adults, two in college to be teachers/coaches and the other still in high school. Thank you Woodrow wilson!

Wilson strives to provide excellence in all academic areas. Teachers really care about the students and want to ensure they have a positive learning environment. Children are encouraged to do their best/ try their hardest and to participate in community activities (learning to be leaders in the community).

Super high expectations for all students while still maintaining a low stress, fun atmosphere.

Wilson is a place where staff and students work together to ensure that learners are successful! It is a blessing to be a part of this amazing place!!!

Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.