Bad
Good

I wouldn't recommend this school. The principle Ms.Kelly has really bad attitude. When I first enrolled my kid she seemed nice. I went to pick my kid up and she really wasn't going to release my child.I had conversations with her and it was not principle like personality.She's awful.. it's very clear that she should not have this position at Hodge. I truly feel that Kim at the front office should be the Principle. She's carrying, knows the kids and is always dedicated to helping.Everything Ms.Kelly isnt. POOR CHOICE FOR PRINCIPLE.

My son is starting his 3rd year with Hodge. Without exception, his teachers have been incredible. Mrs Eberhart, Mrs Ormand and now Ms. Stewart have been committed professionals. Their hard work and dedication to our students gives me hope for the next generation. I was very surprised to see a low score for this school as I know they received exemplary status last year. The staff and principal know the children by name, even the well behaved kids;) My son loves his school and any time there has been a problem it was addressed quickly by the teachers. Including getting my son extra help in reading when he started first grade. This school is terrific.

The staff genuinely care about the kids. Teachers are very well trained and committed. They are team oriented and always willing to lend a helping hand. The leadership is goal oriented and will defend their students safety when required.

I agree about Mrs. Ice but the rest of it I disagree with. I feel that the principle and the vice principal puts on a good show when you first enroll your child but from there on they are rigid and cold. The school we came from they felt a reward system was a good way to bring out good behavior what does Hodge do accept for use fear tactics.

We are new to Hodge this year and so far we love it! Mrs. Ice is awesome!

I love this school! I drive past about 10 schools that would be much closer but it is worth coming here. There is a positive atmosphere that you don't find at most work places. Our principal, Sam Kelley, is fabulous. I think we have the best campus in Denton ISD!

we moved back here, after leaving last year. And we could have moved closer to my husband's job, but we loved the Hodge. My children hated the schools in east Texas. My husband now drives an hour and a half to and from work just to live in the Hodge zoned area. The principal is great, and she really gets to know her kids. And the teachers are great with the kids too. My children had to go to one of the other elem. schools in Denton for two months and it was awfull. The safety Hodge takes with the kids before and after school is so much better than any other elementary school I have ever seen.

Last modified Hodge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.