Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

A bullying system is in place to discourage bullying and to handle it when it does happen. Bullies are dealt with fairly and in a timely manner. Students who are bullied are listened to and given support.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

McNair has a wide range of students with differing backgrounds and abilities. Diversity is embraced, and acceptance is encouraged.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The administration at McNair is supportive and helpful. They support both their own staff and the parents/students fairly.

Develops character: Agree

Students see the teachers and staff model strong character. These behaviors are rewarded and encouraged at McNair.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All staff is well educated and great at what they do! It is clear that they want what is best for our kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is sometimes given. It supports what is being done at school. Students can be successful at completing it on their own.

Teachers and staff work together to make McNair a terrific learning environment. Everyone is friendly and caring, putting the students first! I love McNair!!!

I am disgusted with Mcnairs office staff! The staff is very rude and petty. I have lunch with my child 2 to 3 times a week and I forgot to bring in my ID today. I had a sticker from the day before so I showed that. I was told by a lady I see almost every time I have lunch with my child that she wld "have to see if it was ok to let me through" she comes back and tell me she just cant blah blah as if I'm a stranger off the street. I totally understand policy but the way the situation was handled infuriated me to say the least. The lady could have offered at the very least to see to it that my child got the lunch I brought for her, but it was apparent she could care less.It seems that this one old lady in particular goes out of her way to be problematic. My child will not go to Mcnair next year and may not finish out this year.

Im not very impressed with Mcnair so far. There's an older front desk lady that Is very rude and seems like she goes out of her to NOT be helpful. I'm I'm not impressed with my daughter's 3rd grade teacher at all. I'm actually starting to wonder where they find these teachers. I think it's very sad and unfortunate to have to deal with unprofessionalism and carelessness from people that are supposed to be in charge of educating your kids.

Mcnair has a new.principle. whenever there is a complaint about a teacher she quickly doesn't want to speak about it "BUT" when there is a complaint about students she is willing to listen. This year the quality of my kids education has gone down hill. They're having three recess, very poor supervision from teachers. Candy is administered to kids on a daily basis to control the kids. Teachers leaving there classrooms unattended to go to the.cafeteria just see there kiddo. There are lots of favoritism shown to kids that have parent working there at the school or on the PTA. Teachers are on there iPhone giving students free time in classrooms for 45 minutes.while there on their personal phones. This year I've witness more teacher bullying children.lets get BACK to old fashioned teaching. Teachers kids look UP to you all lets show them leadership, let's teach as you committed to do so. Respectively a parent

Last modified Mcnair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.