Posted October 14, 2014
Im not very impressed with Mcnair so far. There's an older front desk lady that Is very rude and seems like she goes out of her to NOT be helpful. I'm I'm not impressed with my daughter's 3rd grade teacher at all. I'm actually starting to wonder where they find these teachers. I think it's very sad and unfortunate to have to deal with unprofessionalism and carelessness from people that are supposed to be in charge of educating your kids.

Posted August 18, 2014
Mcnair has a new.principle. whenever there is a complaint about a teacher she quickly doesn't want to speak about it "BUT" when there is a complaint about students she is willing to listen. This year the quality of my kids education has gone down hill. They're having three recess, very poor supervision from teachers. Candy is administered to kids on a daily basis to control the kids. Teachers leaving there classrooms unattended to go to the.cafeteria just see there kiddo. There are lots of favoritism shown to kids that have parent working there at the school or on the PTA. Teachers are on there iPhone giving students free time in classrooms for 45 minutes.while there on their personal phones. This year I've witness more teacher bullying children.lets get BACK to old fashioned teaching. Teachers kids look UP to you all lets show them leadership, let's teach as you committed to do so. Respectively a parent

Posted August 08, 2014
This school could really benefit from adopting a positive and friendly attitude toward parents. Everything seems to revolve around the convenience and needs of the school without any feedback or concern for the needs or convenience of parents. Particularly parents who work. Just take the parking for example. The school does not have enough parking. And taking up the closest, most convenient parking spots is reserved parking for the school big wigs. Is there not a reason they could have assigned parking by the cafeteria entrance leaving the most convenient for visitors ot the school? If you have a child with any amount of energy, curiosity, creativity, good luck! Your child will be expected to sit still and be quiet for the majority of the day, including while eating lunch in the cafeteria. If you have a question or concern, you may as well keep it to yourself. It will only make things worse for your child. We have had some excellent teachers, but the school overall needs help! The feeder middle school is excellent. I can't wait to get all my kids there!

Posted April 23, 2014
I can not wait for my kids to all be out of this school and in middle school. I wish I could take my tax money paid to public school and put it into private school. If you want all of the creativity and excitement about learning squashed out of your child, this is the school for you! Not a welcoming or fun environement at all.

Posted January 26, 2014
This school has went down hill. Teacher are telling kids if they are tardie they have to place there heads on there desk, and lose there recess and move there clips. Teacher are coming into other teachers class room mean mugging students. You don't see the new principle at all around the campus nor the assistant principal either. My kids been coming home saying there teacher been on the computer most of the day and not teaching. To much candy given out to make the kids behave in classrooms. Teacher combining classrooms to take breaks. Child sharing seat in classrooms. Where is Mr Flynn, we need him back. The new principal changing rules parents aren't noticed! There being told to read the Facebook for changes.Parents questions your kid's about every activities in school. Ask your kid how was there day in school. You will hear a ear full

Posted September 11, 2013
McNair is a wonderful elementary school! I tranferred my daughter to this one, because the reviews of other schools didn't sound good. My daughter loves going to school everyday and is telling me all about the things she learns everyday. Parents have every opportunity to be involved any way they want, easily. They aren't pushy about signing up for the PTA, which was great for me, because I have more little ones at home. The principal is great and is very involved in the goings on around the school. I see him everyday around the school, helping with everything and he always says hi to my daughter and me and he knows us by name.

Posted March 24, 2013
GREAT school!!! From the inspiring librarian Mrs. Hill, to the entertaining PE teacher Mr. Hudson, what a terrific staff! Mr. Flynn the principal, offers many activities throughout the year for the kids and their families and encourages parent involvement. The new assistant principal, Mrs. Poole is phenomenal! One of our children had her as his 3rd grade teacher and she is hands-down the best teacher any of our children have had; very happy to see her as an administrator and looking over all the children of the school. We will be sad when our youngest moves on to middle school and leave this fantastic school and its knowledgeable, compassionate, and hard working staff.

Posted May 19, 2011
I have one child that has been at McNair from K-2nd grade and another that is finishing her kindergarten year. We love this school and have found all of the teachers to be very supportive and excellent at their jobs. The faculty is very friendly and parents are invited to volunteer at the school to support the teachers and staff. We are delighted to have our children at this school and look forward to the next several years we get to spend here! They have lots of activities throughout the year for the children and their families and that helps to get parents involved in their children's school.

Posted April 19, 2011
This is an excellent school. My son attended McNair during all of his elementary years and excelled. Now my daughter is attending here and doing equally well. The teachers have been wonderful. This school encourages parent participation and I have volunteered in the classroom and at events on many occasions. Security is very good here. Everyone must check in and have legitimate reasons for being in the school to come in. The school has a thriving PTA and provides many exciting and educational opportunities for the kids. I couldn't be happier and take every opportunity to brag about my kids education. And the school continues to score EXEMPLARY for a good reason:)

Mcnair Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers are great. They truly care about each student.

Mcnair Elementary School
1212 Hickory Creek Road, Denton, TX  76210
Last modified Mcnair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcnair Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top