Denton, TX
Students enrolled: 2,326

Posted May 27, 2015
I went to a middle school that wasn't originally only zoned for Guyer so 90% of my class went on to Guyer while the 10% and I went to Ryan. I wasn't sure how i felt about going here based off of rumors i had heard but after coming here i realized Ryan has been an amazing fit for me. I had a very hard time fitting in during middle school and i assumed it would be the same for high school but it was the exact opposite. Ryan is made up of people from every race, class and talent spectrum, making it very diverse. Unlike a majority of high schools, Ryan isn't your click based school, everyone knows everyone. Ryan is a family, not only in a school aspect but also in the community, offering activities and clubs for just about everything. I strongly recommend putting your child in at Ryan if they have a hard time fitting in or just need a fresh start because this school has been an incredible experience for someone who didn't know where they belonged.

Posted February 04, 2015
Is great school, my sisters was class 2014 she was there from 9 grade to 12 grade. I want my son go there wend he is in High schools!!!!

Ryan High School 4

Posted April 17, 2013
I had two daughter go to Ryan and did not have any issues with the education they received. They were both athletes and they continue to excel in college. I would call Ryan "a real world school" with a strong tie to the community spirit of Denton. If you want "a fantasyland school" then you might want to travel a little further south. I worked for 5 years at a high school of upper class students (In Ryan's district now) and saw the typical ostrich head in the sand syndrome. If you prepare your children at home (as a parent should )then they will have no issues at Ryan .

Ryan High School 1

Posted September 28, 2012
Ryan High School is only good at one thing. Sports. If you aren't a member of sports, you really don't matter to the grand scheme of life there. I have friends that go there and say the same thing. Also, the teachers don't really care and they let their students do whatever in class. My friends constantly have their phones out in the open and eating food whenever they feel like it. The district rules specifically states that cellular devices or any electronics are not prohibited for use during the school day.

Ryan High School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
When I went to visit this school, the students were unbelievably inappropriate. It was quite disturbing. I am moving so that my teenager doesn't have to go to this HS.

Posted May 29, 2011
In spite of some of the negative comments posted here, I think Ryan High is an excellent high school. The students are given all the opportunities necessary to succeed. But they have to do their part and study.

Posted March 14, 2011
I have taught at Ryan for 11 years. Despite attendance zone changes and administration changes, I have found that it is a school that has administrators and teachers that truly care about students and their success. Ryan has an extremely wide socioeconomic population of students. I find that this diversity is embraced by the students and faculty and gives it a "real world" feel. Students are challenged academically and have a wide array of academic and extracurricular offerings. Students are encouraged to be in all kinds of activities: athletics, arts, service clubs, etc. and just about every activity is highly successful. This success is due to the high level of support from the administration and the parent community. I enjoy working at Ryan and am looking forward to my own kids attending here someday.

Ryan High School

Posted March 14, 2009
Ryan is a great school. But education wise it's not a good school.if u are not a sports person then they really don't pay attention to u. Sports are more important to Ryan principals than education. There is to mug kids. And hall are hetic. Need to expand the school

Ryan High School 2

Posted June 01, 2008
I graduated from this schoo and now attend one of the top universities of the US and Ryan did not prepare me for at all in college. I took all AP classes and recieved all A's, was one of the top twelve and was not prepared at all for college. Ryan is a great school for extracurricular activities but not for academics. Hardly anyone passes the AP test, while other schools its complete opposite, and hardly anybody fails the AP test. If you want a good school for sports go for it but if you want a GREAT education, don't get your hopes up

Ryan High School 2

Posted August 15, 2007
The principals at Ryan are unfriendly and do not enforce discipline. Students wander the halls during classes and lunches are chaotic. In addition, athletics take priority over academics. The only good thing about this school is that it has some very talented teachers.

Ryan High School
5101 East McKinney Street, Denton, TX  76208
Last modified Ryan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ryan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top