No rating

Immaculate Conception Catholic

Private | PK-8 | 295 students

Living in Denton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $137,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Sweep tile

Posted April 14, 2014

ICCS is a fantastic school. I have never been happier with a privet school. This is my 3rd school, to send my kids to. This will be the last change in location of schooling. So happy here. The teachers are incredible. The one on one with the kids, is outstanding. Love it I give it 10 stars

Posted June 19, 2011

We have been at this wonderful Catholic school since my daughter was in the pre-k for 3 year olds and she is now entering second grade. This is a very small school where everyone knows each other by first name and I always feel like we are part of a loving family unit. We all care about all the children so much. I have so much love for the staff and have always been treated as a major player in my daughters education. When my daughter was out I'll, her teacher came to our home and made sure she was not getting behind and she would stay to go over that weeks lessons. Find that in any public school! I have looked at all the private schools in the area and I can honestly tell you this school stands way out above the crowd!

Posted April 30, 2010

We want our daughter to learn and grow in the best possible Catholic environment and we have that at Immaculate Conception Catholic School. She is receiving an excellent education and maturing in her faith every day. ICCS is an extension of what we teach her at home. How blessed we are to have this school and these teachers who love and teach our daughter!

Posted April 9, 2010

My daughter has attended ICCS for 2 years. Though there is a lack of diversity, she is getting what she needs, academically and her faith has increased. I noticed a significant difference in children who do not attend faith based schools. My daughter knows quite a bit about her faith. Recently, she told her dad 'I want to make sure my soul is clean' . She is 6 years old. Academically, these children are encouraged to excel to exceedingly high levels. They are aware greatness is expected of them. They are taught to resolve conflicts without being physical. I am truly amazed and proud my child is a student there. Ms. Schad is the absolute best. The teachers and principal all understand the sacrifices many parents make to send their children to private school. We are blessed to be able to send our child to ICCS. I love ICCS!

Posted August 9, 2009

As a parent of 2 children, I had them at this school for 9 yrs. It's a well-maintained bldg, and a good location. I question the curriculum, ethics, and admin. Proceed with caution.

Posted July 24, 2009

Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a back to basics, family oriented, Christ-centered place of learning and living. The community of students, pastors, staff, and parents work together to 'Teach as Jesus taught,' to provide the children and one another with a deeply Catholic climate where values, morals and the 3 R's of Reverence, Respect, and Responsibility can grow.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 8, 2009

this school gets involvled with the kids. they know who they are. My son loved to go to school every day. My little gril, ask. When do I get to go again. This is a great place.

Posted November 11, 2008

We love this school! This is our 6 year and our children are thriving. It is a great combination of catholic faith, exceptional academics, the arts and sports.

Posted January 17, 2008

It is a great schol to teach about the faith.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 16, 2005

Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a member of the 19-school system of the Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. As with all of those schools, ICCS is accredited through the Texas Catholic Education Conference which is affiliated with the Texas Education Agency. The school's logo 'Teach As Jesus Taught' defines the school's focus on developing the whole child through faith formation and academic excellence. The school has been academic and sports champions of its local leagues for several consecutive years and continues to focus in all academic areas, ranging from Spanish and religion to art, music, and technology. ICCS has a traditional back-to-basics approach to education and has been highly successful based on more than 50 percent of its seventh grade students annually achieving the DUKE gifted status. It's Stanford Achievement test scores are in the top quarter of the nation. Some financial aide is available.
—Submitted by an administrator

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Private School Interscholastic League State Middle School Champions
  • Private School Interscholastic League Sports Champions
  • North Texas Independent League Basketball Champions

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Drama

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (940) 381-1837

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Ft. Worth

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Our school was given given an exemplary rating during the accreditation review in the category of parental and community involvement.