Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 27, 2016
Amazing Staff all around! Not a bad one in the bunch! Teachers here are great and really go the extra mile!

Posted May 27, 2016
Pecan Creek is a great school with amazing teachers who really care about the kids! We have had our children at this school for almost 3 years now and couldn't be happier! The level of parental involvement has been amazing! We love it!

Pecan Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2015
Absolutely horrific school. Complete indifferences, lack of communication, bully tolerance and pathetic academics. Denton ISD is horrible and the worst school system my children have had the misfortune of having to attend. I cannot wait to move out of this wretched area, until then my children will be in private school. Spare yourself and your children - live elsewhere or put them in private school.

Pecan Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I almost would refuse to move as I am so happy with my children attending Pecan Creek Elementary. I see everyone who has posted, has appreciation for the dual language program.Unfortunately, this just became available as an elective for your child in the last 2 years. It was not open to current students, it is a program that became available to new students 2 years ago (maybe just one). I'm not too worried about that, I'm a very happy camper due to their focus on the Arts. I have talented children in that area, and I love the support they get and the program that guides them within their talents. Someone had mentioned being "thrown under the bus" when issues arose with their child. We will all have individual experiences, I've personally been "spoken" to on one occasion where I was very late to pick up my kids (I was stranded, car broke down, and I did call them). There were two faculty members that got a little sassy with me, I didn't tolerate it as it was a one time event and out of my control, and their attitude changed pretty quick. Other than one incident in 3 years, the staff is AMAZING, and the teachers will exceed your expectations on an individual level with each child.

Posted February 07, 2013
It's a great school with great teachers. I love most the dual language program that finally allows kids in public schools to learn a new language. great environment.

Posted July 10, 2012
My son will be in the 1st grade this year. The staff at Pecan Creek is fantastic, we couldnt have asked for a better Kinder experience !! The school also has a dual language program that we elected to enroll in which is awsome !! The goal is that by the time the student leaves the 5th grade they will be fluent in Spanish as well as English. This school is awsome !

Posted November 10, 2009
The teachers and staff at this school care a great deal about the students. It's a fantastic school, and feel honored to live within it's zoning!

Pecan Creek Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2009
My son started kindergarden this year and we are 2 months in the school year and he has really enjoyed it and the staff is very friendly. My son has a very sever food allergie and the nurse seems to be very on top of it, which is very comforting to me leaving him there. They have epi pen tranined to teachers on each hallway. She has been very helpfull and willing to do anything to make things safe. They also have a large PTA and seems like the school has a lot of support and parent interaction, which makes a school great. My only big complaint so far is the drop off and pick up line is a zoo. They really need to fix it and make it more smooth process.

Posted March 23, 2009
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new school!! Teachers welcome student and parents every morning with a smile. My 4th grade daughter has Dyslexia and has always struggled in school. Although she still struggles, her confidence is almost 100%!! Every child deserves a wonderful school like PC!! We feel blessed and thank you.

Posted March 19, 2009
My children have been at the school for three years now and I have been pleased with my children's education. One of my children did have some issues and I felt the Assistant Principle and the classroom teacher have handled it very well so far.

4400 Lakeview Boulevard, Denton, TX  76208
Last modified Pecan Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.