DeSoto, TX

Turning Point Christian Academy 5

Posted November 12, 2013
It is amazing to see the growth in my children each day, because of the foundation they are receiving from TPCA. My children not only get an education, but they belong to a much bigger family. It is so wonderful to see children doing as the word says, and putting God first. They begin every morning with praise and worship. I love the staff as well as the students and their families. We thank God for the vision of Pastor Benton and for his family standing behind him to make such a wonderful place for our children to grow in mind and in the word.

Turning Point Christian Academy 4

Posted April 02, 2013
I have seen lots of growth at Turning Point Christian Academy. When they say that they really want to get to know the heart of a child and help them fulfill the purpose God has for the child's life, it is true. I know children who are athletically driven and they help them pursue that avenue. There are students that are gifted in the arts and the staff helps guide those students down a path that is pleasing and honoring to God. For the student that is academically driven, they foster the child's motivation to learn more and do more so that they will be well prepared for the next phase of academics. Every child is different and they embrace those differences and help them understand the calling God has placed on their lives. The pastor meets and greets each child every morning and walks them into the building. He is genuinely concerned about each and every student and want the best for all of them. They make you feel like you are part of one big family. Every child that has come through the door at TPCA will be always eternally changed. I pray that the atmosphere of love and concern never leaves no matter how big they may become.

Turning Point Christian Academy 1

Posted February 29, 2012
My children attended Christian schools for years. We were pleased but we were very unhappy with Turning Point Christian Academy. Our 6th grader received commended results on public/charter school TAKS but she received mostly failing marks at TPA. She was assigned a 9th grade science text, an 8th grade grammar text, no social studies text and a 6th grade math text with instruction beginning on pg. 289 of a 350 pg. text. I spent many evenings explaining math concepts never addressed in class. After reading "To Kill a Mockingbird," my student wrote a research paper on Jim Crow. An administrator threw her paper at her in front of classmates and said, "We don't discuss race in this school", astounding when a major theme of the book is race related. Next the students attempted "The Scarlett Letter," but the book was to advance for 6th grade. TPA is family ran consisting mostly of family/close family friends. Academics are secondary to religious indoctrination and some students are ostracized and made to feel unwelcomed if their religious views differ from TPA administrators as the school's' main focus is religion. Desoto has fine Christian schools. TPA is NOT one of them. B.H.

Turning Point Christian Academy
235 East Belt Line Road, DeSoto, TX  75115
Last modified Turning Point Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-10
Turning Point Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top