Bad
Good

DeSoto High school has changed a lot . If your child is low performance than you will have to be involved for them to succeed. You must be active . I have 4 kids so far to graduate , so this is from experience and you must fight for your child , because it will not happen . Schools are not the same its being ruled by people that are not in the class room . Teachers are under so much pressure that they cannot use their expertise like they where taught in college to teach our kids!

I am a 2007 graduate of Desoto High School and I couldn't be more proud of that fact. Through the hard with if the president of the school board, Warren Seay, the high school has truly taken a turn for the better. The facilities are top notch, and the collegiate programs are very detailed and cover a great range of studies. I have two nephews that are on their way to three high school this year, and I know they'll be receiving a great education because we put in what we want out of it. I graduated with a full scholarship and an currently getting my Masters. DHS was pivotal to my success.

challenge your child, my child had a great experience at Desoto..also he challenged himself by taking all AP classes, so he was not in a class with 41 students..His classes were small and comfortable but more challenging than what regular students attempted..you get what you put in..Teachers communicated weekly like I asked and he go a full scholarship to college, was 22 in his graduating class..4.29 gpa..I am proud he was an eagle..

I'm currently a sophomore at this school. With the new additions to the high school, security has tightened and students respect the building. In 2012, the Academy section was finished, adding various programs to the school. The students are overall respectful, and the staff motivated. We have a new principal at the high school who encourages school spirit and has zero tolerance for excuses. Desoto High School has really improved since the last principal was here.

I believe this school has a strong principal with good ideas. There is always room for improvement as we strive for excellence. Parental involvement is always the key to success and accountability in any school.

It is such a shame to see this school going in the direction it has taken. It is only getting worse. My brother graduated from here in 1989. I attended up until 1994. I was having many problems w/teachers & I remember my mother going into the counselors office with basically no response. After there was pretty much nothing she could do, she decided to get out of this city & relocate to a much smaller town. Thank God she did. Because now I have children & one which will be entering high school this upcoming school year & there is no way on God's green earth that I would ever let her attend such a school. It has gone down hill since I left there in '94. In fact, I would not let either of my children attend DeSoto ISD.

You can't blame the teachers or the school district when there only a handful of parents showing up for PTA. You're child represents who you are. Not enough parent involvement, quick to show up for a football/basketball game, but can't find the time to talk to your childs teacher or volunteer their services for a couple hours.

I would rate this school at a rate of 1 for poor. The school expectations is low, especially for kids with disabilities.

This school is terrible. I have had little to no positive experiences with its faculty, students, and structure. It is a school comprised of failure and false hope.

I love DeSoto High School. I give it 5 stars!!!!!

Last modified Desoto High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.