Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

No one does job, except the janitors. As of March 2016 they can now wear black on black along Bandana's.

Great School love the Principal , hard working staff. I love isteam program. My child is doing great. Also the band, new dance group, and our PTA feel really a part of the school . Thank you.

DeSoto East Middle School is the only school in District that has the highest scores for STAAR. The principal is working hard to make sure this school is always on the top. I have read some posts that do not like the school or the principal. It is only my opinion but if you don't like working at East Middle School or like the principal, leave. Why waste your time. You won't be missed.

Obviously the principal or her secretary wrote the positive reviews. No teacher at East would say Donna Blackburn is a great principal. If she was so great why does se have the highest turnover in the district? Why did 16 teachers leave this year eventhough she tried to block some by giving negative references or simply not calling back. She spends 95% of her time sitting in her office on the computer. The only time she is in the hallway is if central office comes by. She has a girl club at school that she chooses by hair length and skin color.....the longer the hair and lighter the skin the better for her. Isteam.....lol don't get confused that's a smoke screen I wouldn't put my dog in there. Blackburn should not be a principal, she things she has Dr Harris in her corner so now she thinks she can do anything. I have one more year and I'm done with school and done with Desoto East.

Great!!! We are now a magnet school for the very intelligent students in our south Dallas area. East Middle School is one of very few schools to win two distinctions in the 2013 school year.

my school is awesome. we have a iSTEAM academy. my principal is the greatest. DeSoto East!

This school is on the cutting edge of instruction and curriculum. The administrators are very thorough, organizes, personable, and effective. The students are awesome! The school is very structured and energetic...focused on exemplary rating.

i think it is a great school with nice teachers and most nice students.i love going to school everday now.

This school is horrible! Ms.Nevels worries about the wrong things. Instead of worrying about our test scores she worries about our dresscode. We are very unorganzied. They pick at the littlest things.The teachers don't teach anything at all.

East is a wonderful school and I am proud to have worked with the administrators and staff. As teachers we work each day to make sure our students learn what they need to succeed in school and in life. We are raising tomorrows lawyers, doctors, teachers, scientists, etc. I saw many role models which is what the students at East need. To have a very positive and strong principal like Mrs. Freeling was like sprinkles on top of the cake. She motivated us each day and she was very easy to talk to, that is what we want in a leader. East has gone through some changes and have lost some really good teachers but have also gained some better ones. I am proud to say that I will always consider East my home. Room 202 (2007-2008)

Last modified Desoto East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.