Posted April 20, 2014
Great School love the Principal , hard working staff. I love isteam program. My child is doing great. Also the band, new dance group, and our PTA feel really a part of the school . Thank you.

Posted October 24, 2013
DeSoto East Middle School is the only school in District that has the highest scores for STAAR. The principal is working hard to make sure this school is always on the top. I have read some posts that do not like the school or the principal. It is only my opinion but if you don't like working at East Middle School or like the principal, leave. Why waste your time. You won't be missed.

Desoto East Middle School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
Obviously the principal or her secretary wrote the positive reviews. No teacher at East would say Donna Blackburn is a great principal. If she was so great why does se have the highest turnover in the district? Why did 16 teachers leave this year eventhough she tried to block some by giving negative references or simply not calling back. She spends 95% of her time sitting in her office on the computer. The only time she is in the hallway is if central office comes by. She has a girl club at school that she chooses by hair length and skin color.....the longer the hair and lighter the skin the better for her. Isteam.....lol don't get confused that's a smoke screen I wouldn't put my dog in there. Blackburn should not be a principal, she things she has Dr Harris in her corner so now she thinks she can do anything. I have one more year and I'm done with school and done with Desoto East.

Posted August 23, 2013
Great!!! We are now a magnet school for the very intelligent students in our south Dallas area. East Middle School is one of very few schools to win two distinctions in the 2013 school year.

Posted August 23, 2013
my school is awesome. we have a iSTEAM academy. my principal is the greatest. DeSoto East!

Desoto East Middle School 4

Posted October 18, 2009
This school is on the cutting edge of instruction and curriculum. The administrators are very thorough, organizes, personable, and effective. The students are awesome! The school is very structured and energetic...focused on exemplary rating.

Posted October 11, 2009
i think it is a great school with nice teachers and most nice students.i love going to school everday now.

Desoto East Middle School 0

Posted March 29, 2009
This school is horrible! Ms.Nevels worries about the wrong things. Instead of worrying about our test scores she worries about our dresscode. We are very unorganzied. They pick at the littlest things.The teachers don't teach anything at all.

Posted September 04, 2008

Desoto East Middle School 2

Posted August 26, 2008

Desoto East Middle School
601 East Belt Line Road, DeSoto, TX  75115
Last modified Desoto East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desoto East Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top