Posted August 05, 2013
All of my kids excelled here. This is a building filled with hard working teachers who will love and encourage your children. Parent involvement is high, so be prepared to jump in.

Posted November 23, 2011
I loved this school. I went here 4 years ago and I believe that it was the turning point for me. Before attending this school, I made Fs and it didn't seem like I was going anywhere in life. However, I had amazing teachers who kept pushing us on and encouraging us. Now I'm a straight A+ student at the Freshman Campus taking all advanced classes. This school was amazing and I encourage other kids to come to this school. You won't regret it!

Posted June 02, 2011
Great principals and counselor. Teachers are the best around, some can be overwelming with their mentality about what a child should really be or even know much about children at all. Most of their children came up in another generation and are not up to todays kids. Wonderful academic programs.

Ruby Young Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
I was very dissappointed by the education my child recieved at Ruby Young for kindergarten. Their program is specific to kids who have never been in school. In addition the teachers were very apathetic and there was a lot of aggression amongst the kids. My child came home every day with reports of kids choking each other, hitting each other and calling each other names. I was very upset my child had to expreince this daily. If you speak to the teachers about this they just say I didn't see anything or we'll take care of it but the same thing happens the next day. As far as the education is concerned, if your child already knows their letters and numbers and is ready to read, they must wait until the second half of the school year before they will be taught. All attention is given to those whove never been in school. I don't know what the other grades are like but if it anything like kindergarten I will not return.

Posted October 09, 2009
This school offers all that a parent can want. Teachers who care, administration that listens, and the non stop drive for excellence. Great parent involvement programs, especially for Fathers. It is Exemplary for a reason! I love Ruby Young

Ruby Young Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2007
I used to be very impressed with Ruby Young but since the 2006/2007 school year, it has become a very sad experience for me as a parent. My daughter is treated wonderful but I noticed boys are treated with less care. Children are not made from a cookie cutter and all have different personalities. I do not like the fact that P.E.is taken away and children are made to sit in Fast Forward computer classes. Since this has happened, my son has gained weight and is less enthusiastic about school. He does not listen because he is in need of exercise. Please go back to letting children be children. Not enough words express my sadness of my son's school year.

Ruby Young Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2006

Posted May 08, 2006
I'm impressed with the administration and faculty experience/background. Total commitment to bring forward our children in all aspects of education. Parent involvement as we know is critical and Ruby young has many volunteers during school time that attend to our students needs. PTA involvement is very strong and the leadership is recognized in the district. However, it is recommended to encourage Parent involvement as students begin their early years in school to keep PTA and parent daily volunteers strong. Regards.

Ruby Young Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2006
I moved from cedar hill to desoto just so my daughter could attend ruby young. I have been extremely pleased with ruby young. My daughter has been there almost 3 years and do not have one complaint about the teachers, staff or the school itself. Ruby young has encouraged my child to learn and suceed. I wish she could continue with ruby young after the 4th grade.

Ruby Young Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2005
Overall I am very satisfied with the quality of work and teachings at Ruby Young. There seems to be a general sincerity and effort by all the teachers and counselors of the school. Unfortunately many of the parents seems uninvolve in their children's development leaving the entire effort on the teachers. Since my children started the schools ratings has dropped somewhat, which concerns me, but at the same time, my students are learning and being challenged appropriately.

Ruby Young Elementary School
707 Young Boulevard, DeSoto, TX  75115
Last modified Ruby Young Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruby Young Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top