Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I went here in the early 90's and it was a diverse school with good teachers. I still have friends I met in elementary school here.

All of my kids excelled here. This is a building filled with hard working teachers who will love and encourage your children. Parent involvement is high, so be prepared to jump in.

I loved this school. I went here 4 years ago and I believe that it was the turning point for me. Before attending this school, I made Fs and it didn't seem like I was going anywhere in life. However, I had amazing teachers who kept pushing us on and encouraging us. Now I'm a straight A+ student at the Freshman Campus taking all advanced classes. This school was amazing and I encourage other kids to come to this school. You won't regret it!

Great principals and counselor. Teachers are the best around, some can be overwelming with their mentality about what a child should really be or even know much about children at all. Most of their children came up in another generation and are not up to todays kids. Wonderful academic programs.

I was very dissappointed by the education my child recieved at Ruby Young for kindergarten. Their program is specific to kids who have never been in school. In addition the teachers were very apathetic and there was a lot of aggression amongst the kids. My child came home every day with reports of kids choking each other, hitting each other and calling each other names. I was very upset my child had to expreince this daily. If you speak to the teachers about this they just say I didn't see anything or we'll take care of it but the same thing happens the next day. As far as the education is concerned, if your child already knows their letters and numbers and is ready to read, they must wait until the second half of the school year before they will be taught. All attention is given to those whove never been in school. I don't know what the other grades are like but if it anything like kindergarten I will not return.

This school offers all that a parent can want. Teachers who care, administration that listens, and the non stop drive for excellence. Great parent involvement programs, especially for Fathers. It is Exemplary for a reason! I love Ruby Young

I used to be very impressed with Ruby Young but since the 2006/2007 school year, it has become a very sad experience for me as a parent. My daughter is treated wonderful but I noticed boys are treated with less care. Children are not made from a cookie cutter and all have different personalities. I do not like the fact that P.E.is taken away and children are made to sit in Fast Forward computer classes. Since this has happened, my son has gained weight and is less enthusiastic about school. He does not listen because he is in need of exercise. Please go back to letting children be children. Not enough words express my sadness of my son's school year.

Last modified Ruby Young Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.