Bad
Good

My 2nd grader had a wonderful teacher this year but there are so many challenges in the class room. I'm was under the same impression as so many other parents that the teachers weren't teaching enough. This has changed as of this year. We have some great teachers along with some that could do better or leave the profession. Some of our kids are disrespectful, loud, don't want to learn, bullies and are constantly disrupting the class. The kids that want to learn are hindered because the teachers are always trying to keep a small group in check. Parents need to be parents and not expect the teachers to discipline their kids and keep them in check. So many parents are young, single and may have more than one child. Their job and the sheer pressures of being a parent now can be overwhelming. We need to go back to the respectable village helping raising the kids and the parents that need those villagers should weclome the help.

If I could give this school zero stars, I would. We are new to the area, and tried to give this school and district the benefit of the doubt since we try to support public schools, but we ended up regretting that decision. This school is absolutely awful. There is zero leadership, zero communication, zero tolerance of parental involvement. Yes, you read that last part correctly. They discourage parental involvement by only allowing parents on campus twice a week, discouraging PTA (the principal said a PTA is "more trouble that it's worth"), and refusing to communicate with parents. If you have questions about academics or tests and test scores, there is literally no one willing or knowledgeable enough to assist you. The academics are beyond weak. For example, last week the first grade students were exploring one dimensional shapes. This is not in the first grade TEKS. No graded work comes home, no homework, no scope and sequence, nothing. I doubt the teachers even know what they'll be teaching half the time. The good students are constantly penalized because the teachers think it's ok to punish an entire grade level because of the misbehavior of some. They frequently take away recess, cancel school programs, and cancel parties. I can go on, but I'll stop there. We have choices. If you value your child's education, do not choose this school, and tread lightly if you're considering any school in this district. I can not speak for all the schools personally, but I have heard similar things from other families in the area. The families that we have met in the area are very involved in their children's education, and none send their children to the schools in this district. If they want to bring the involved parents back to the district, they're going to have to clean house and offer better.

I previously wrote a review thinking this was a great school but that was based on the outstanding kindergarten teacher she had, Mrs. Adams. Now my daughter is I'm the 3rd grade. Each year has gotten worst. The teachers yell too much at the students for small things. I don't think the teachers want to be there honestly and it shows. I feels like a prison. They don't make learning fun and it says a lot about a school when it's own teachers don't let their children attend the school they work at. I've meet a few teachers that don't allow their children to go to this school. We will not be attending next year.

The Meadows Elementary is not a good school. They don't provide information about programs and events in a timely fashion. They try to enforce structure but it is done in a way that is more like a prison...no talking in the lunchroom, no talking in the classroom or the whole class gets punished by taking away recess privileges. Don't get me wrong, there should be structure but at the same time still be a fun exciting place to want to learn, not dread going to school everyday. I don't understand how other schools in the same district are so completely different and promote a positive learning environment. If you can, send your child to a different school.

I'm Telling u this school is great. They have activites after school like Art Club (for 5th and 4th). Also they pick good students for the most amazing student council. And the last this is the teachers take care of your students so they can learn.(P.S. They even have extra recess for the good student)!!!!! So please put your children into THE Meadows Elementary School. I'm telling you this is a great school :D

My son has been a student at the Meadows Elementary since 2007. It is very stressful dealing with the faculty at this school. They will create problems you've never heard of your child having. Instead of taking ownership of their students, they'd rather since home pointless notes about minute distractions in the class room that you know your child will pay more attention to. They need to concentrate on raising the bar for TASKS scores.

Last modified The Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.