DeSoto, TX

Posted May 31, 2014
I previously wrote a review thinking this was a great school but that was based on the outstanding kindergarten teacher she had, Mrs. Adams. Now my daughter is I'm the 3rd grade. Each year has gotten worst. The teachers yell too much at the students for small things. I don't think the teachers want to be there honestly and it shows. I feels like a prison. They don't make learning fun and it says a lot about a school when it's own teachers don't let their children attend the school they work at. I've meet a few teachers that don't allow their children to go to this school. We will not be attending next year.

Posted May 31, 2014
The Meadows Elementary is not a good school. They don't provide information about programs and events in a timely fashion. They try to enforce structure but it is done in a way that is more like a prison...no talking in the lunchroom, no talking in the classroom or the whole class gets punished by taking away recess privileges. Don't get me wrong, there should be structure but at the same time still be a fun exciting place to want to learn, not dread going to school everyday. I don't understand how other schools in the same district are so completely different and promote a positive learning environment. If you can, send your child to a different school.

The Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted October 06, 2013
I'm Telling u this school is great. They have activites after school like Art Club (for 5th and 4th). Also they pick good students for the most amazing student council. And the last this is the teachers take care of your students so they can learn.(P.S. They even have extra recess for the good student)!!!!! So please put your children into THE Meadows Elementary School. I'm telling you this is a great school :D

Posted September 20, 2008
My son has been a student at the Meadows Elementary since 2007. It is very stressful dealing with the faculty at this school. They will create problems you've never heard of your child having. Instead of taking ownership of their students, they'd rather since home pointless notes about minute distractions in the class room that you know your child will pay more attention to. They need to concentrate on raising the bar for TASKS scores.

The Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2006
My son attended TMI for 5th/6th from 2004-2006. The 5th grade teachers were good. the math teacher had my son loving math and maintaining an A average. Things changed in 6th grade. Reading was a struggle also. I had conferences, e-mailed, sent letters, etc. asking the teachers what I could do to help and suggestions on programs for him to attend. I NEVER received any advice. They just wanted to let me know how he was behaving. There was no follow-through. I really felt that my son was being left behind. The Social Studies teacher did talk with us from an encouraging perspective. He actually cared about our son and his transition to Jr High. The Band is great.

The Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
- a former student

The Meadows Elementary School
1016 The Meadows Parkway, DeSoto, TX  75115
Last modified The Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Meadows Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top