DeSoto, TX

Posted August 05, 2013
This is a great school & beautiful facility with caring teachers and principal! Schools are what parents and students make them.

Posted November 14, 2011
This school is amazing. I went to this school and now I go to the freshman campus. The teachers are up to par and try their best to help the students. The students make the school's reputation. There are some bad students there, as there are in all schools. However, this will not affect your child if he or she decides to go to this school. It was a memorable experience and prepared me for reality. I was an eighth grader here in year 10-11. Your child will love the teachers here. The staff is also very nice and so is the principal. He's not distant like most principals. You can often see him walking the halls and giving a friendly smile and wave.

Posted August 21, 2009
Desoto west is a great and fun school. The teachers don't play at all. We all learn and have fun at the same time.

Desoto West Middle School

Posted October 11, 2008
West middle school isn't bad like most parents have said.They are strict and the teachers don't play.

Posted July 17, 2008
west middle school is a great school

Posted September 12, 2006
I'm very pleased with Desoto West. My family moved from a very close school district that seemed to have no rules and regulations. So in saying that this is my sons first year, attending Desoto ISD. From the very first day I was impressed, all but one teacher sent home a sheet of there expectations of the students, what is required of them and was is need to succeed in their class. I have 4 children 3 of which have graduated and I have never received this type of information the very first day of school.

Desoto West Middle School 2

Posted September 18, 2005
Teachers are not in control of the children. You would think you were in a inner city school instead a nice community.

Desoto West Middle School 1

Posted July 15, 2005
Desoto Schools in general have been a nightmare for our family. The students have no discipline and the students who are picked on verbally and physically are blamed for the situation. One coach told the kids to not fight in his gym just wait until after school. Thank God we are moving!

Posted May 18, 2005
DeSoto Schools tend to have a bad name. But, we have been very happy with the academic help my son has received at West Jr. High. The teachers have gone out of their way to help my son who has a Dyslexia/ADD. They have email addresses where we can communicate easily and appreciate parents who want to be involved in their child's education.

Posted May 16, 2004
I have been in the district one year and am very impressed with west jr. High. They completed the new 8th grade wing and did quite a bit of remodeling. Your first impression is quite the positive one. The office personnel are warm and friendly. The principal is a go-getter with always having the best interest of the kids at heart. He took a group to six flags as an incentive during the 5th six-week grading period if they passed all their classes and had a clean discipline record. There were kids that earlier in the year were 'problem kids' but turned it around and were able to go. The faculty is great (I am more acquainted with 8th but) I am around to see all. Parents are encouraged to be a part of the west family. I am and I love it. We need more.

Desoto West Middle School
800 North Westmoreland Road, DeSoto, TX  75115
Last modified Desoto West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desoto West Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top