PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted August 10, 2016
Thank you Ms. Towns and crew for loving my Triniti Spellman...she absolutely loves coming to your class. Although I am disappointed she is leaving your class I can comfortably say you have done a great job preparing her for the next level and I am glad we came to your class first....you have set a high bar for all of her other teachers that are coming after you.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2016
Our experiences are limited with homework because we have only been in Pre K but so far it seems appropriate.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 10, 2016
I think the teachers do a good job of showing all of these traits and as a result the students do as well.

Desoto Private School 4

Posted August 10, 2016
My daughter loves going to school. She is excited to go everyday and it shows when we pull up to the school and she sees her teachers. Her interactions with all of the teachers I have seen her with are filled with positivity. I have been very pleased with what she learned in Pre K 4 and I am looking forward to seeing what she will learn in kindergarten. I also love that I have been able to call up to the school and everyone is always helpful and able to answer my questions.

Posted February 20, 2014
My daughter is in the three year old preschool program and she is blossoming!! She loves to go to school and is learning so much. She knows all her letters and sounds and can even write them. She comes home singing songs and telling me all about their theme for the week. My friend's children also attend there and they absolutely love it. I would recommend it to everyone !!!

Posted May 09, 2012
The best thing I've ever done for my 3 kids. They have grown both personally and academically. The hands on approach is a very important aspect of this great school. The tuition is very affordable and allows us to send all 3 kids there. DPS came very highly recommended from friends in our community and we havent been disappointed yet. If you look at surrounding community high schools many of their top awarded students got there start at DeSoto Private.

Posted May 09, 2012
My daughter attends DPS and is in the first grade. She is writing in cursive reads like a champ. Her confidence has sky rocketed since her transition to DeSoto Private School. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of it. As a single parent I can afford to enhance my daughters life.

Posted December 08, 2010
My daughter is in PK-3 and she has been at DeSoto Private for a year now. She has learned so much! She can recognize almost all of her letters and numbers and can count nearly to 20. She is already starting to write letters and numbers. And she comes home saying the names of animals I had no idea she knew about, like Hippopotomus. And they talk about a lot of subjects I would think would be too advanced for a 3 year old (like condensation for example) but I very much like that they start topics like this early because repetition is key. I am very happy with the progress she has made since she has been enrolled in this school.

Desoto Private School 4

Posted July 28, 2010
My daughter went to DPS for Pre K - 2 grade she did wonderfully and enjoyed school, unfortunately for financial reasons we had to pur her into public school for 3 & 4 grade, where she all of a suddent had dicipline probelms and the curriculm had no rigor. Each summer she attend the camp and missed the school and the staff so much, this year we are making a financial sacrifice to get her back into a school that really cares for the children and respects education.

Desoto Private School 3

Posted April 19, 2010
There are some good things and some things that need serious attention. My daughter has attended DPS for 3 years. The cirriculum is good but not great. Unfortunately, I think most parents buy into the name 'Private'. This will be my daughter's last year.

301 East Belt Line Road, DeSoto, TX  75115