Posted February 20, 2014
My daughter is in the three year old preschool program and she is blossoming!! She loves to go to school and is learning so much. She knows all her letters and sounds and can even write them. She comes home singing songs and telling me all about their theme for the week. My friend's children also attend there and they absolutely love it. I would recommend it to everyone !!!

Posted May 09, 2012
The best thing I've ever done for my 3 kids. They have grown both personally and academically. The hands on approach is a very important aspect of this great school. The tuition is very affordable and allows us to send all 3 kids there. DPS came very highly recommended from friends in our community and we havent been disappointed yet. If you look at surrounding community high schools many of their top awarded students got there start at DeSoto Private.

Posted May 09, 2012
My daughter attends DPS and is in the first grade. She is writing in cursive reads like a champ. Her confidence has sky rocketed since her transition to DeSoto Private School. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of it. As a single parent I can afford to enhance my daughters life.

Posted December 08, 2010
My daughter is in PK-3 and she has been at DeSoto Private for a year now. She has learned so much! She can recognize almost all of her letters and numbers and can count nearly to 20. She is already starting to write letters and numbers. And she comes home saying the names of animals I had no idea she knew about, like Hippopotomus. And they talk about a lot of subjects I would think would be too advanced for a 3 year old (like condensation for example) but I very much like that they start topics like this early because repetition is key. I am very happy with the progress she has made since she has been enrolled in this school.

Desoto Private School 4

Posted July 28, 2010
My daughter went to DPS for Pre K - 2 grade she did wonderfully and enjoyed school, unfortunately for financial reasons we had to pur her into public school for 3 & 4 grade, where she all of a suddent had dicipline probelms and the curriculm had no rigor. Each summer she attend the camp and missed the school and the staff so much, this year we are making a financial sacrifice to get her back into a school that really cares for the children and respects education.

Desoto Private School 3

Posted April 19, 2010
There are some good things and some things that need serious attention. My daughter has attended DPS for 3 years. The cirriculum is good but not great. Unfortunately, I think most parents buy into the name 'Private'. This will be my daughter's last year.

Desoto Private School 3

Posted February 25, 2010
This school has wonderful 3 year old teachers , but they also act is if they are trying to hide something. The head staff do not seem to be genuine. My child is in the 3 year old program and does lots of coloring. I love his teachers, but do not care for the ones after, they also watch lots of television. Morning and evening. This is my child's last year.

Desoto Private School 2

Posted February 22, 2010
I did not like this school for PK-4. They were just coloring all day long. And no social interaction. My child was miserable and bored.

Desoto Private School 2

Posted January 22, 2010
This is school is such a joke!!!! They are doing the same work in PreK 4 as they did in PreK3.. No difference and no one can tell my why there is not a PreK 4 Cirriculum...They are a great daycare!!

Desoto Private School 1

Posted January 09, 2010
This is one of those schools that sounds like a good idea till you have enrolled here.I am very upset with the way they handle things at this school. My child learned more when they were up the road at Cross of Christ. We will not be back next year!!!!!

Desoto Private School