School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Rooster Springs Elementary is made up of amazingly dedicated teachers and staff who strive every day to provide not only a well rounded education, but a true life-changing experience to every child. Rooster Springs students are kind and thoughtful and respectful. The parents and community of Rooster Springs are so willing to do anything needed to ensure RSE is a wonderful place to work and learn!
December 01, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Rooster Springs Elementary School 2

Posted January 11, 2016
This is a fine school if your family fits the profile of one from the 1950's. Bring in a little diversity or (what is elsewhere) common family situations, and it is a different story. My daughter is not Caucasian and I've noticed subtle racism. We are doing our best to finish out the year and then will move.

Posted December 13, 2015
This is a great school. The staff and teachers go above and beyond for the kids. We had a mix up about transportation one afternoon and the principal, Mr. Payne personally walked my 2nd grader to meet the Girl Scout leader. Molly in the front office has a smile every day, and is always kind interacting with the kids. I highly recommend Rooster Springs.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted December 01, 2015

Grateful to:
SCHOOL LEADER
I am blessed to be leader AND a parent at Rooster Springs Elementary. This school has provided my daughter with an amazing experience year after year (THANK YOU - Ms. Laws, Ms. Danz, Ms. Fuston!), and now it is providing me a happy place to come to work every day! I love and appreciate the welcoming I have received from the staff, students and parents. I am so thankful for my RSES family!
Posted December 01, 2015

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 20, 2015
I am a teacher at Rooster Springs Elem. This is hands down the best school I have worked at. I love my admin and my teaching team. They are truly my friends and collaborators. Thanks Rooster Family.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 19, 2015
2015, this school is off to a great start. New Administrators who are engaging, friendly, and very knowledgeable, professional, and organized. It's a great year so far!

Rooster Springs Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2015
Why such excessive use of substitutes here? Have never heard of so many teacher absences.

Posted January 15, 2015
AMAZING. The teachers and administration are very collaborative with parents. Very open to discuss parent concerns and is really creative with solutions for those out of the box students.

Posted November 13, 2014
I have two children in the school. Both love their classes, the school and specifically teachers (K & 2nd). Plus, I know many, many families in this community who have or have nothing but rave reviews on their experience at the school (including Kindergarten program that someone below complained about). I don t consider it an elite school, but rather a school that focuses on providing a very nurturing environment and outstanding academic results to each of the students. They offer great programs, and thus far all have been executed far beyond the standards that I would hope for when managing 800+ students. I give total thumbs up from the top (Superintendent), down to the school Principal and all of the teachers and staff that I have interacted with at RSE. And I would highly recommend not only Rooster Springs but Dripping Springs ISD to anyone with children. Do your homework, you will quickly see that DSHS ranks as one of the best 4-year comprehensive public schools in not only Texas, but in the entire country. Most of those students start at one of three places Rooster Springs, Walnut Spring or Dripping Springs so obviously they are doing something right.

Posted November 13, 2014
I must say that I am absolutely shocked to see the lame review from another Kinder parent. Of course it has to be a California parent, who probably left California because of the failing school systems there with overcrowded classrooms, including Kindergartens that are filled with 30+ students. I know this because this is the reason I left it behind myself, so that I could give my child a better education here. And which both are successfully receiving. I would say that if anyone s child is really this miserable at 5 years old, it s probably best to consider other options to make him/her (and you) happy.

P O Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX  78737
Last modified Rooster Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.