Dripping Springs, TX

Posted November 13, 2014
I have two children in the school. Both love their classes, the school and specifically teachers (K & 2nd). Plus, I know many, many families in this community who have or have nothing but rave reviews on their experience at the school (including Kindergarten program that someone below complained about). I don t consider it an elite school, but rather a school that focuses on providing a very nurturing environment and outstanding academic results to each of the students. They offer great programs, and thus far all have been executed far beyond the standards that I would hope for when managing 800+ students. I give total thumbs up from the top (Superintendent), down to the school Principal and all of the teachers and staff that I have interacted with at RSE. And I would highly recommend not only Rooster Springs but Dripping Springs ISD to anyone with children. Do your homework, you will quickly see that DSHS ranks as one of the best 4-year comprehensive public schools in not only Texas, but in the entire country. Most of those students start at one of three places Rooster Springs, Walnut Spring or Dripping Springs so obviously they are doing something right.

Posted November 13, 2014
I must say that I am absolutely shocked to see the lame review from another Kinder parent. Of course it has to be a California parent, who probably left California because of the failing school systems there with overcrowded classrooms, including Kindergartens that are filled with 30+ students. I know this because this is the reason I left it behind myself, so that I could give my child a better education here. And which both are successfully receiving. I would say that if anyone s child is really this miserable at 5 years old, it s probably best to consider other options to make him/her (and you) happy.

Posted November 12, 2014
We LOVE RSES!!! The staff knows my child's name and cares for her. I have seen them drop everything for an upset child and even help a new family find a babysitter! The teachers are creative and innovative! WE are so thankful to this school!! We look forward to many years in this partnership! Thank you to the entire staff who makes my child feel empowered, smart, and valued!!!!

Posted November 06, 2014
This is our 2nd year & we love RSES. My son had a wonderful kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Blackman, and this year he has Ms. Danz. Both teachers are so wonderful & bring out the best in him. He loves & adores them. I am impressed with our principal and her willingness to think outside the box and her implementation of fun & creative learning. My son thrives in a learning environment that is fun & creative, and to be honest, I was worried that we would lose that in a public school. I am happy to say that I was wrong. I was told by other parents that I had nothing to worry about in kindergarten because the kinder team was amazing. I wondered if 1st grade would lose some of the "fun" factor, but so far the first grade teacher has maintained a learning style that is fun and challenging too! We moved to this area specifically for the school district...we don't regret that decision at all! Thank you for going above & beyond our expectations!

Posted November 04, 2014
I've had 3 children go through the program at Rooster Springs and I can tell you there's not an educator that cares more about their kids than the staff at Rooster Springs Elementary! I've read a few unfair reviews below and it sure sounds like a case of the parents accepting ZERO responsibility for the actions of their children and instead play the "blame game" on the staff. Wake up...OWN IT parents! A big shout out to the Pre-K - 5th grade staff and thanks for making a difference in our children's lives!

Rooster Springs Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
I can't speak for other grades or teachers, but my son is having a miserable time in Kindergarten. Today, for Science, I'm told the kids watched an episode of Curious George. He also watched television during music "special," and every day, watches television during Snack. My son learned more in music at a pre-K in California, they had begun to learn beats and rhythm. I'm not sure what music is all about here, other than watching videos. The school attempts to appear rigorous and elite, be signing up for various curriculum and programs, but these are each given little effort or enthusiasm when delivered to the students or parents. PTA seems to be trying, but ill-informed. My son's particular teacher seems jaded and worn. She is sarcastic and condescending to the kids, can't produce a homework sheet on her webpage, and communicates after bed time. I think she's writing her lesson plan at night... how about another television show.

Rooster Springs Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2014
by test scores and academic achievement, this school does fine. But parents who have children who are not a fit for the cookie cutter mold and who are interested in a school system that supports the child, emotionally and socially as well, should keep looking beyond Dripping Springs ISD as a whole. Too much nepotism, old timer attitudes, and teacher quality is hit and miss. Low on resources and services to help students. New superintendent is admittedly patterning this system after Lake Travis ISD: focus soley on academics and athletics. Deaf ear to parent concerns or willingness for partnership.

Rooster Springs Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2011
What a disappointment. No communication from the principal. All she is worried test scores. My children do well in school and need to be challenged. They are so bored in their classrooms from review and talk about the Taks test. When trying to express concerns to the principal, I do not get my calls returned. I am told to make an appointment. She sits in her office and is not visible in the building. Horrible administration.
2 people found this helpful

Rooster Springs Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2011
What is great is that there is alot of parental involvement as far as donating for special programs and PTA involvement. That is why the kids do so well. It's about a 70/30 mix of very good teachers to teachers that are there for a paycheck. Downside- I have noticied there is a bit of snobbery if you do not live in the housing community that the school is located in.

Posted March 05, 2011
Awesome school with tremendous individualized support for students! Teachers and staff are very communicative. Parents are very involved. Our son is on the Autism spectrum and the RSES staff has been UNBELIEVABLE to work with! Skilled, supportive, informative, nurturing and truly caring.

Rooster Springs Elementary School
P O Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX  78737
Last modified Rooster Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rooster Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top