School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Rooster Springs Elementary is made up of amazingly dedicated teachers and staff who strive every day to provide not only a well rounded education, but a true life-changing experience to every child. Rooster Springs students are kind and thoughtful and respectful. The parents and community of Rooster Springs are so willing to do anything needed to ensure RSE is a wonderful place to work and learn!
December 01, 2015

Bad
Good

This is a fine school if your family fits the profile of one from the 1950's. Bring in a little diversity or (what is elsewhere) common family situations, and it is a different story. My daughter is not Caucasian and I've noticed subtle racism. We are doing our best to finish out the year and then will move.

This is a great school. The staff and teachers go above and beyond for the kids. We had a mix up about transportation one afternoon and the principal, Mr. Payne personally walked my 2nd grader to meet the Girl Scout leader. Molly in the front office has a smile every day, and is always kind interacting with the kids. I highly recommend Rooster Springs.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted December 01, 2015

Why such excessive use of substitutes here? Have never heard of so many teacher absences.

AMAZING. The teachers and administration are very collaborative with parents. Very open to discuss parent concerns and is really creative with solutions for those out of the box students.

I have two children in the school. Both love their classes, the school and specifically teachers (K & 2nd). Plus, I know many, many families in this community who have or have nothing but rave reviews on their experience at the school (including Kindergarten program that someone below complained about). I don t consider it an elite school, but rather a school that focuses on providing a very nurturing environment and outstanding academic results to each of the students. They offer great programs, and thus far all have been executed far beyond the standards that I would hope for when managing 800+ students. I give total thumbs up from the top (Superintendent), down to the school Principal and all of the teachers and staff that I have interacted with at RSE. And I would highly recommend not only Rooster Springs but Dripping Springs ISD to anyone with children. Do your homework, you will quickly see that DSHS ranks as one of the best 4-year comprehensive public schools in not only Texas, but in the entire country. Most of those students start at one of three places Rooster Springs, Walnut Spring or Dripping Springs so obviously they are doing something right.

I must say that I am absolutely shocked to see the lame review from another Kinder parent. Of course it has to be a California parent, who probably left California because of the failing school systems there with overcrowded classrooms, including Kindergartens that are filled with 30+ students. I know this because this is the reason I left it behind myself, so that I could give my child a better education here. And which both are successfully receiving. I would say that if anyone s child is really this miserable at 5 years old, it s probably best to consider other options to make him/her (and you) happy.

We LOVE RSES!!! The staff knows my child's name and cares for her. I have seen them drop everything for an upset child and even help a new family find a babysitter! The teachers are creative and innovative! WE are so thankful to this school!! We look forward to many years in this partnership! Thank you to the entire staff who makes my child feel empowered, smart, and valued!!!!

This is our 2nd year & we love RSES. My son had a wonderful kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Blackman, and this year he has Ms. Danz. Both teachers are so wonderful & bring out the best in him. He loves & adores them. I am impressed with our principal and her willingness to think outside the box and her implementation of fun & creative learning. My son thrives in a learning environment that is fun & creative, and to be honest, I was worried that we would lose that in a public school. I am happy to say that I was wrong. I was told by other parents that I had nothing to worry about in kindergarten because the kinder team was amazing. I wondered if 1st grade would lose some of the "fun" factor, but so far the first grade teacher has maintained a learning style that is fun and challenging too! We moved to this area specifically for the school district...we don't regret that decision at all! Thank you for going above & beyond our expectations!

I've had 3 children go through the program at Rooster Springs and I can tell you there's not an educator that cares more about their kids than the staff at Rooster Springs Elementary! I've read a few unfair reviews below and it sure sounds like a case of the parents accepting ZERO responsibility for the actions of their children and instead play the "blame game" on the staff. Wake up...OWN IT parents! A big shout out to the Pre-K - 5th grade staff and thanks for making a difference in our children's lives!

Last modified Rooster Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.