Dripping Springs, TX

Dripping Springs High School 2

Posted November 02, 2014
Very guilty of prioritizing the wrong things. Grades are more important than physical or mental health, and football and band are more important than grades. I always got the impression that coming to school sick was preferable to gaining one horrific absence. This school may be better than some other public schools in the state, but coming from private school, it was appalling. Diversity is hugely lacking and, by extension, the general populus is mostly judgemental and unaccomodating. Students who rely on more than just luck to choose the appropriate "your/you're" are few and far between, and signs/posters put up in the hallways by students have major grammar and spelling errors. Obviously the education quality cannot fully make up for the social and administrative failings. At the very least, if they won't treat the student like an adult human being, they should provide an adequate education, but even that appears to be too difficult. Overall, not great, by any means.

Dripping Springs High School 3

Posted August 16, 2014
its ok. wish there was more diversity. its an 'old school' district trying to grow up into the new millenium.

Posted July 08, 2011
I noticed that the class sizes are a little larger than the state average (very surprising). However, the district's students are more well behaved and more acdemically focused than most of the schools in Texas. We moved here because of the exemplary rating and state standing for academics.

Posted April 30, 2011
I love this school and this district. I feel like, because of the great quality of teachers and student around me, I know where I'm going with my life. I am a freshman at this high school and this year has been great. In 6th grade I was recognized as a "Gifted and Talented" english student and the class for us is terrific. The swim team has an amazing coach and we work as a team, not just as individuals. Some of the teachers are not up to par, however, and if your child doesn't think they'll do well in that class because of them, I would urge them to switch out of the class. Whether your child concentrates on sports, needs help passing classes, or can only think outside of the box, I sincerely believe this is the school for you.

Dripping Springs High School 2

Posted January 03, 2010

Dripping Springs High School 4

Posted November 09, 2009
The staff is friendly. The teachers seem to be dedicated to doing the best that they can despite the large class sizes. The school board is excellent. The excellent band program resulted in state championship for marching bands. Parent involvement is very high for a public school.

Dripping Springs High School 0

Posted October 29, 2009
the students as a whole are tolerant and supportive of each other.....despite 'sterotypical differences'....

Posted October 09, 2009
Just a darn good school. Great teachers and students!

Dripping Springs High School 4

Posted July 28, 2009
I have two main problems with this high school. We aren't allowed to have off-campus lunch, not even seniors, despite a multitude of places to eat within two minutes of the school. My other big problem with the high school is its location. The district is very spread out and as far away from the city of Austin as Dripping Springs goes, both of which are two significant inconveniences. DS has a good academic reputation with UT Austin, which makes for a strong application. I always found it easy to learn at DSHS, and my classes usually had a positive atmosphere. Some teachers are sub-par, but they are the minority. Cliques, drinking, parties, and drug use are all somewhat prevalent, but falling in with the wrong crowd is by all means avoidable.

Dripping Springs High School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
This school puts obstacles in front of the kids and calls it 'rigor.' Do not try to have a conversation with a teacher, especially if you have a question - the teachers are always right and the students always lie. Principal is weak. I would not send any more of my children here, and pulled out the ones that had started. Shameful excuse for education.

Dripping Springs High School
P O Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX  78620
Last modified Dripping Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dripping Springs High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top