Walnut Springs Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
We moved to this district because of it's reputation and have been sadly disappointed. The principal has behaved as if she is a high school student questioning parents about their Facebook pages!! Last I checked Facebook pages can be private and are free speech and if someone is saying they are not satisfied with her school, schedule a meeting to find out why and quit being immature and defensive about it. No communication Advanced kids are looked over and more focus is on lower performing kids How this principal still has her position disappoints me. Parents have been lied to about their child's education, information about teachers leaving has been secretive in order to "keep parents calm" is unethical and is dishonest. How are we supposed to trust this district? There are zero consequences for bullying behavior at this school. Why have an anti bullying flow chart when it isn't going to be utilized? My child had been been hurt by other students putting their hands on my child's body- no consequences. Volunteer at the school, it protects your child from getting in trouble for their bad behavior.

Walnut Springs Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2012
My kids have been at WSE for several years now and they both love it. What frustrates me the most is the amount of coloring / worksheets I see being used in the primary grades. I see a lot of 'busy work' and the amount of differentiation / hands on learning is lacking. The teachers are positive and devoted, although parent communication could be improved. My kids rarely cause trouble, therefore, I never hear anything at all from the teachers. A positive phone call every grading period could really improve the parent / teacher communication.

Walnut Springs Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2012
The school alone is not bad, but the administration could be more involved with the students. If your child has a learning disability this probably is not the district for you. Their are just not enough programs implemented for children with disabilites. Also, the parent teatcher communication is very poor. That's the biggest thing I hear from other parents as well.

Walnut Springs Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2011
This school is lovely. The administrators really care about the students and are very approachable. Most of the teachers are wonderful, caring and work hard to inspire their students. That said, there is one teacher to avoid. She is emotionally abusive to students. Difficult to work with. The principal needs to remove that teacher...she is the one negative about an otherwise wonderful school.

Walnut Springs Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2009
The teachers are the best. They work hard every day to make sure they provide a quality and creative education.

Posted September 17, 2009
Great school system and community. Can't beat it.

Posted September 17, 2009
The staff, parents and most of all kids are amazing! Not to metion the exemplary ratings WSES gets. Go Walnut & Go Tigers!!!

Walnut Springs Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2009
I was afraid to take my son back to school after having his tonsils and adenoids removed last week, but the Walnut Springs Elementary School staff was awesome. The nurse called me early this morning to confirm his care, and his teacher was vigil. What was I thinking??? We are blessed.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Walnut Springs because the students are wonderful, the parents are supportive, and the teachers are dedicated.

Posted September 17, 2009
Teachers work hard to make sure the kids are having fun learning. When they have fun with it, it sticks for a long time. What a great staff. I couldn't hand pick them better than that.

Walnut Springs Elementary School
P O Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX  78620
Last modified Walnut Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top