Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We moved to this elementary school from what we had believed to be a good school, but we have been very impressed with not only this school, but also the school district. Even with a large student enrollment number, the principal knows each child and meets regularly with the teachers to discuss each child's progress.In addition, this school has provided our children with advanced opportunities (which we did NOT find at our previous school), including a full-day weekly G/T program, advanced mathematics, and project-based learning for all students. My child went from hating school and complete boredom to loving school! In addition, the kids really have pride in their school, have many opportunities to volunteer and get more deeply involved, and show a lot of school and community spirit! With 3 kids going through this school, we have been thoroughly impressed so far!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school really stresses the Leader in Me program, which encourages the children to be leaders by setting goals and then working hard to reach them.

Great school. They have identified my son's academic strengths and helped excel further. I had some trouble w/ bulling with other son and the principal handled the situation quickly and we have no more problems.

We moved to this district because of it's reputation and have been sadly disappointed. The principal has behaved as if she is a high school student questioning parents about their Facebook pages!! Last I checked Facebook pages can be private and are free speech and if someone is saying they are not satisfied with her school, schedule a meeting to find out why and quit being immature and defensive about it. No communication Advanced kids are looked over and more focus is on lower performing kids How this principal still has her position disappoints me. Parents have been lied to about their child's education, information about teachers leaving has been secretive in order to "keep parents calm" is unethical and is dishonest. How are we supposed to trust this district? There are zero consequences for bullying behavior at this school. Why have an anti bullying flow chart when it isn't going to be utilized? My child had been been hurt by other students putting their hands on my child's body- no consequences. Volunteer at the school, it protects your child from getting in trouble for their bad behavior.

My kids have been at WSE for several years now and they both love it. What frustrates me the most is the amount of coloring / worksheets I see being used in the primary grades. I see a lot of 'busy work' and the amount of differentiation / hands on learning is lacking. The teachers are positive and devoted, although parent communication could be improved. My kids rarely cause trouble, therefore, I never hear anything at all from the teachers. A positive phone call every grading period could really improve the parent / teacher communication.

The school alone is not bad, but the administration could be more involved with the students. If your child has a learning disability this probably is not the district for you. Their are just not enough programs implemented for children with disabilites. Also, the parent teatcher communication is very poor. That's the biggest thing I hear from other parents as well.

This school is lovely. The administrators really care about the students and are very approachable. Most of the teachers are wonderful, caring and work hard to inspire their students. That said, there is one teacher to avoid. She is emotionally abusive to students. Difficult to work with. The principal needs to remove that teacher...she is the one negative about an otherwise wonderful school.

The teachers are the best. They work hard every day to make sure they provide a quality and creative education.

Great school system and community. Can't beat it.

The staff, parents and most of all kids are amazing! Not to metion the exemplary ratings WSES gets. Go Walnut & Go Tigers!!!

Last modified Walnut Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.