Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

D-hall for two hours in a town that is backwards to begin with. The principal is a douche bag that once bullied kids as a coach in Amarillo. He thinks he knows what he is doing but no one gave him two freaking hours of d-hall for two hours when he was in high school. Also shelling out the big bucks for football and football only and you have the summary of this red neck run school in a town that has nothing for their youth to do about they sure are quick to prosecute them and wonder why they get into trouble in the first place. They have a hideous school dress code. Who are they trying to fool with this? The kids here deserve way better. Did I mention that this principal also turns down girls of different ethnicities because they don't fit his idea of someone that would make his school look good.

I graduated from this school when it was a great school. We won at ALL the sports and had the best music program in the state back in those days. Wish it was still like that~ get your act together Dumas!

I was a student at this school it was 100% awful. The staff, and some students had me to my breaking point too were I wanted to end my life due to there remarks they told. The staff only cares about the sports students, to the other students it's like they're not even there. Many teachers improve the football, volleyball, and softball players grade just, so they can play when they have done noting no work what, so ever. Worse school in this plants

This school system needs to work on it's communication with parents. Staff talks down to you and is unwilling to work for the best interests of the child. I had 2 of my 4 children bullied terribly while attending these schools and I finally had to remove my son and homeschool him due to lack of action on the part of staff. He was even bullied by a students parent after school and I couldn't get the principal to return my calls! There are a few good teachers here, but very few. Luckily we have moved out of state to a wonderful school district.

I do not agree with any of these comments i went to this school and it was the best their is all my teachers were very understanding and helpful to me and i was never in any sports and another thing i love the walls of my school that rocks

I agree, this isn't one of the best schools I've seen. What can I say that hasn't already been said before? The staff only cares about the sports teams, It's an absolute madhouse inside the walls of DHS.

Last modified Dumas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.