Posted July 25, 2014
I was a student at this school it was 100% awful. The staff, and some students had me to my breaking point too were I wanted to end my life due to there remarks they told. The staff only cares about the sports students, to the other students it's like they're not even there. Many teachers improve the football, volleyball, and softball players grade just, so they can play when they have done noting no work what, so ever. Worse school in this plants

Posted November 08, 2013
This school system needs to work on it's communication with parents. Staff talks down to you and is unwilling to work for the best interests of the child. I had 2 of my 4 children bullied terribly while attending these schools and I finally had to remove my son and homeschool him due to lack of action on the part of staff. He was even bullied by a students parent after school and I couldn't get the principal to return my calls! There are a few good teachers here, but very few. Luckily we have moved out of state to a wonderful school district.

Dumas High School 5

Posted October 01, 2011
Dumas is the school of my dreams. It is the only school that i would really want to teach at. The town itself just received an award as one of the top small towns in the U.S.

Dumas High School 5

Posted July 17, 2009
I do not agree with any of these comments i went to this school and it was the best their is all my teachers were very understanding and helpful to me and i was never in any sports and another thing i love the walls of my school that rocks

Posted April 04, 2009

Posted April 04, 2007
I agree, this isn't one of the best schools I've seen. What can I say that hasn't already been said before? The staff only cares about the sports teams, It's an absolute madhouse inside the walls of DHS.

Posted November 14, 2004
dumas schools is not that good. You got kids that want to fight other kids. The school only cares for their sports stuff and they need to have more stuff for the other kids to do, and also all they care about is the taks test and not about other stuff that needs to be learned in school. They only care about money.

Dumas High School 3

Posted July 27, 2004
- a former student
I must agree with David. The athletes of the school draw too much attention. More attention needs to be drawn to band, choir, speech/debate, literary criticsm, etc. The school should not always revolve around sports there are more importants things we need to work on.

Dumas High School 2

Posted February 09, 2004
The current administration does little to retain the good teachers. The atheletic's draw far too much attention from admisistrators as well as way to much of the budget. The honors programs here are mid level. Compared to a similar school in the DFW area, the honors classes at Dumas are comparable to the regular classes at a DFW school.

Dumas High School
P O Box 695, Dumas, TX  79029
Last modified Dumas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dumas High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top