PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

My son attended Merrywood K- 5th grade. He wanted to be the first student there everyday if possible. Every teacher that he had, he loved! Merrywood pushed him to be the best student that he could be, while providing all of the instruction and love needed to accomplish this. His test scores and grades reflected the dedication that his teachers showed him. This is most likely the best elementary school south of Dallas. My son is now in the 6th grade at Bishop Dunne and is thriving there, due to his education at Merrywood. There is no PTA and or Teacher work days needed. This school is ran so well, that the parents only need to worry about their child and nothing else. My son will always look back on this school and remember the love and great education that he received there.

My son was in the pre-k program here this year. It has been a wonderful experience. He has learned so much this year! The school is well-managed, the teachers are supported, and the kids learn in a safe, loving environment. We are continuing his education at Merrywood instead of attending public school. There is a negative review that mentions my son's teacher by name. She has been a wonderful pre-k teacher and we are thankful that she was our son's teacher.

My Merrywood has done great job improve my daughter math and reading skills. Mr. Austell is the best second teacher. I truly love Merrywood.

Don't put the blame on the teacher. They are not the only one who makes the decision of an unrulely child. They are not your babysitter and if you can't deal with the child at home, don't expect the teacher or the school to put up with it.

This is the best school for your child. My child is 7 years old she has been going there since she was 3 years old. She is a great reader! I love this school I wish it went to the 12th grade.

We've been incredibly happy with our choice of Merrywood. My hesitations around Merrywood, prior to enrolling, were the no computer facet of the curriculum and no parent organizations or involvement. I've found that Merrywood educates children the way we, as parents, were educated. The school works like a well oiled machine because it is; friends of mine had the same teachers as my daughter when they were children. The environment is very disciplined, the teachers engage the children with basic curriculum and critical thinking skills, the parents are obviously working with their children at home, the kids are taught how to treat each other and everyone is respected. My daughter is excited to learn, enjoys going to school, knows what to expect each day and there are no days each six weeks that are "free days" where a movie is just thrown on and the kids run amuk.

My family loves Merrywood. My son reading has improved greatly and he is very excited about going to school to learn more everyday. The faculty is wondering and I love they are putting the kids education first. Thanks again for all of your EXCELLENT WORK with my son.

I am so thankful for the educational experience my children received at Merrywood. Not until entering the public school system did I realize the level of education that my girls received at Merrywood. Each child learns to achieve their personal best, advancing at an amazing pace without even realizing it. The teachers captivate the students with memorable stories that stay with them long after Merrywood. Students also learn respect and character building behavior, exemplified by the stellar staff. The standards are HIGH, but the 'pressure' is NOT. The students WANT to learn. They have a very sophisticated reward system that recognizes achievement and inspires accomplishment. My 8th grader remembers stories & songs she learned from Mrs. Williams in Kinder!! My girls were two grade levels ahead when they entered public school. Merriwood provides a solid & wonderful foundation to build onto throughout the following years. Thanks!

I have two children who attend Merrywood and I can't say enough about how good this school. Great teachers and great balance between nurture and discipline. Academically both kids are a grade level ahead.

We love Merrywood. This has been a GREAT experience for my very acctive sensitive son. He has learned a great deal. Th eteachers at Merrywood foster a love for learning that you cant find anywhere else.

Last modified Merrywood School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6