Duncanville, TX

Posted September 11, 2014
My son attended Merrywood K- 5th grade. He wanted to be the first student there everyday if possible. Every teacher that he had, he loved! Merrywood pushed him to be the best student that he could be, while providing all of the instruction and love needed to accomplish this. His test scores and grades reflected the dedication that his teachers showed him. This is most likely the best elementary school south of Dallas. My son is now in the 6th grade at Bishop Dunne and is thriving there, due to his education at Merrywood. There is no PTA and or Teacher work days needed. This school is ran so well, that the parents only need to worry about their child and nothing else. My son will always look back on this school and remember the love and great education that he received there.

Posted May 15, 2012
My son was in the pre-k program here this year. It has been a wonderful experience. He has learned so much this year! The school is well-managed, the teachers are supported, and the kids learn in a safe, loving environment. We are continuing his education at Merrywood instead of attending public school. There is a negative review that mentions my son's teacher by name. She has been a wonderful pre-k teacher and we are thankful that she was our son's teacher.

Posted January 10, 2012
My Merrywood has done great job improve my daughter math and reading skills. Mr. Austell is the best second teacher. I truly love Merrywood.

Posted October 25, 2011
Don't put the blame on the teacher. They are not the only one who makes the decision of an unrulely child. They are not your babysitter and if you can't deal with the child at home, don't expect the teacher or the school to put up with it.

Posted February 01, 2011
This is the best school for your child. My child is 7 years old she has been going there since she was 3 years old. She is a great reader! I love this school I wish it went to the 12th grade.

Posted December 18, 2009
My family loves Merrywood. My son reading has improved greatly and he is very excited about going to school to learn more everyday. The faculty is wondering and I love they are putting the kids education first. Thanks again for all of your EXCELLENT WORK with my son.

Posted July 26, 2009
I am so thankful for the educational experience my children received at Merrywood. Not until entering the public school system did I realize the level of education that my girls received at Merrywood. Each child learns to achieve their personal best, advancing at an amazing pace without even realizing it. The teachers captivate the students with memorable stories that stay with them long after Merrywood. Students also learn respect and character building behavior, exemplified by the stellar staff. The standards are HIGH, but the 'pressure' is NOT. The students WANT to learn. They have a very sophisticated reward system that recognizes achievement and inspires accomplishment. My 8th grader remembers stories & songs she learned from Mrs. Williams in Kinder!! My girls were two grade levels ahead when they entered public school. Merriwood provides a solid & wonderful foundation to build onto throughout the following years. Thanks!

Posted January 15, 2009
I have two children who attend Merrywood and I can't say enough about how good this school. Great teachers and great balance between nurture and discipline. Academically both kids are a grade level ahead.

Posted December 16, 2008
We love Merrywood. This has been a GREAT experience for my very acctive sensitive son. He has learned a great deal. Th eteachers at Merrywood foster a love for learning that you cant find anywhere else.

Posted July 14, 2008
I am happy with everything I have seen so far, and my daughter can't stop talking about her teacher each year. We are very pleased.

Merrywood School