Bad
Good

I agree with some of the previous comments. I am leaving this comment in the hopes that someone will get the message. This school could be better. Alexander has a lot to work on. My child is in the 4th grade and has been there for three years and I am unimpressed. The teachers are great. The administrators need to be reorganized. The principal is a lot of the issue. I believe that parental concerns have been ignored. I believe that there is a lack of innovation on the part of the principal. I do like the Assistant Principal...But ultimately, the principal makes the decisions and she is inflexible and is getting a wake up with no PTA and no parental help. Parents inaction speaks volumes.

Alexander has good teachers despite an administration that is "out of touch". The teachers would be even better if they had a better leader. Low Morale of the teachers and parents plague this school. It shows with the lack of PTA and other activities. believe this school probably was good and is living on past achievements rather than setting and or raising the bar. The rating of 5 is accurate. I also think that there is an attitude of unprofessionalism right down to the flip flops the teachers wear. Sidewalks they want the kids to sit on are never clean. Dismissal procedures are unsafe. Too few staff members minding the ship. Chaotic. I've had kids try and get in my car. Adults that (in an effort to get to their kids at dismissal) frequently cut in the kids single file lines. It's a lot of problems at Alexander. Are the teachers good? Well that's a mixed bag much like the school. It's too few good anything at this school. The great school and TEA ratings are accurate. Mediocre at best.

Alexander is a great school, all of my children go to Alexander. Alexander is located in a little neighborhood in Duncanville TX. The only thing I don't like is how parents will lie in order to get their kids into our school. If you live in Desoto, or Lancaster please take your kids to the correct school. I can see the school from my front porch and go there all the time for activities. Administration does not let out of control kids run the school, admin runs the school. I can say that because my kids have gone to the school since kinder. No body is perfect but your children are able to learn in a safe, happy, controlled environment. If you don't like it take your child to a private school and stop hitting "messy" low blows.

The staff is great with the parents and the students! I have always enjoyed volunteering at Alexander and helping staff and students when I can. I know we all work and it is hard to find time but if we can give a little time we could make this great school even better!

Alexander is a great school. These teachers work to help each child. If you think your child is not progressing here, look for some other cause than the teachers. Why would a school that works so hard for its great ratings purposefully ignore a child? These teachers want success for every child.

I do not feel my child has learned that much here- I feel it has put her more behind than when she started. She does not bring home books to read out loud in Kindergarten- very concerned and pulling her out.

Last modified S Gus Alexander Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.