Duncanville, TX
Students enrolled: 3,986

Posted September 05, 2014
No one answers the phone. Staff is lazy. Duncanville needs to fire the administrative team. Even though not all of them are bad...But there needs to be a message sent about accountability. I also believe that the failure of this school district needs to fire the superintendent and the assistant superintendents. They are all incompetent. Every teacher needs to re-interview for their job because there is a real issue with the educational culture.

Posted August 21, 2014
My son has been at this school for 3 years. He has improved each year because most of the teachers and counselors that helped. Yes there was a few teachers that didn't care but majority really cared for him and many of the students. I really love this school because everything they have to offer students. Parents look into for yourselves and just don't take my word for it!

Posted May 17, 2014
Students make bad decisions everywhere. Teachers are not perfect everywhere. Food is standard school food. So there's nothing to really judge it on. I am a c/o 2015 student, and Duncanville is a pretty great district. It offers great career classes with hands on activities such as culinary, auto tech/collision, wood, etc, with a great sports department.

Posted May 15, 2014
words don't describe my disappointment in this school, don't trust anything you hear or know about this school

Posted May 05, 2014
My school is TERRIBLE, DO NOT go to Duncanville High School. move while you have the chance!

Duncanville High School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a good school it has an amazing sports program and the teachers are great

Posted July 12, 2013
I was not informed that my child needed to retake a state test until less than 48 hours before the retest was administered. The test results online were incomplete and the school was aware but decided not to inform parents unless they came to the school or wa able to finally contact someone. It is mid July and I still do not have a final paper report card for my child. Someone not listed on my childs paperwork was allowed to pick up fundraiser products without my knowledge. When I spoke with the principal I was told sorry and he would look into it but they have an open campus. When I stated well what if this person would have walked out a side door with my child I got silence. He then repeated he will get with the teacher and get back to me I have heard nothing. I have been allowed to pick up my child and without showing any ID. This is unacceptable. Once I graduate college I will be removing my child from Duncanville. Grand Prairie now has an open school district so she can go there. Also if you saw the video of a student telling a teacher to stop passing out worksheets and actually get up and teach the class then you saw Duncanville High School first hand.

Posted April 29, 2013
I have a friend who lives in Grand Prairie but sends her kids to Arlington schools. She pays a fee that is not much. We live in Duncanville and would like to send our kids to another school district like Mansfield or Arlington. Does anyone have any information on this?

Posted March 25, 2013
I don't know what is going on with Duncanville HS now, but my son graduated in 2009 and went on to Texas A&M University. He will graduate in December 2013. He loved Duncanville HS and I always had a great rapport with his teachers. We moved to Texas from New York, it was a big adjustment but he adapted well, thanks to the curriculum at Duncanville HS.

Posted February 07, 2013
My stepson attends this school, he is currently a sophomore and I feel he is not being challenged at all. There are times that he will not have any homework for days. The assignments that he brings home from the teachers often contains grammatical errors and misspelled words, is this the material that the teachers are using to teach their students? The school is extremely over crowded, which makes for overcrowded classrooms. I will be looking to take my child out of this school as soon as he is finished with the 10th grade!

Duncanville High School
900 West Camp Wisdom Road, Duncanville, TX  75116
Last modified Duncanville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duncanville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top