Bad
Good

I'm actually a student here and despite what all these parents think, this is actually not a bad school. The 7th grade PBL teachers are pretty good, especially Mr. Allen and the 8th grade PBL teachers are really awesome and great at what they do! Shout out to Ms. Wilson, Ms. Howell, Mr. Ramirez, and Ms. Schoonover!!! They honestly do care about their students and respect all of them. The band is amazing! They give us lots of challenges and we learn how to be disciplined and responsible. Mr. Graham directs the top band and is by far one of the best teachers if not THE BEST teacher I've ever had! If your child is okay with a little hard work then enroll them into Byrd and put them in the band and PBL programs! Best advice you'll ever get :)

This school made me feel unwanted to the duncanville tx community. The nurse is very rude, dnt speak nor smile. They acts as if they hope to turn you around well how about I left and ask them to shred my kids paper work.something needs to be done about the staff.

I am one of the few parents that stays in Cedar Hill and is forced to go to this Duncanville school. We were in Cedar Hill ISD but the schools that we were near were terrible. Having heard great things about Duncanville ISD being the best school district out of Cedar Hill, Duncanville, Desoto, and Lancaster. We weren't worried. Ha! We should have. We bought a huge house and spent a lot of money to be near another terrible school. At this school, Administrators and teachers never call back. The technology is behind. Duncanville "touts" that they are saving money. But some of the teachers are not using books nor online accessible websites. As a parent, if you're not going to use a book...I should be able to access what the teacher is teaching online. How can you teach Pre AP Math without a book. How about Duncanville post their Scope and Sequence or Curriculum online so we as parents can check on whether these teachers are doing their job. Or how about you post what the policy for teachers and administrators like you do for parents and students. We enrolled our children in an online school afternoon program. They've done better at teaching than this school.

This school is about the WORST school that you can find!! The kids there are cruel and, selfish. The teachers are not the best either. If you can STAY AWAY from this school!!

My daughter is a Special Education student at this school. She is struggling in her core subjects, however in Band she excels. If it weren't for the Band program, she probably would fall by the way side, and eventually drop out of school. Band has helped her self-esteem, and her over all attitude towards school.

Band is excellent, just as it is at a lower level and in high school. My son is in the middle school level in his 2nd year. He also loves band, and excels. I think that band has been and will be an asset to my kids' growth, in teamwork, responsibilty, and realizing that hard work pays off. It is difficult to combine band with the athletic teams, but an effort is made to do so, between the coaches and directors. Being involved in band or choir helps the kids to keep out of trouble.

7th grade teachers need to assign homework. We never know when the child has homework or even if he does we don't know about because the answer is always the same.'The teachers don't give homework.' Parents are in the dark about school activities when it comes to non-uniform days or social events. Web site contains little to no useful information in this regard. And I don't see where No Pass No Play is enforced. No Pass No Play means just that in my book. As parents we stay very involved, however some of the things we hear about chills me to the bone.

Last modified William High Byrd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.