Idea Quest College Preparatory 1

Posted July 16, 2012
don't believe he hype. Although IDEA says all of its students graduate being accepted into a four year college, the reality of this is very different from the positive goal. I have watched, over the passed three yeras as the most experienced teachers and those with master's degres are allowed to move on. How can you build continuity and a culture with such a huge turn over rate? parents are not informed about what is really happening on the campus. The leadership does not want to improve. It's sad.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 3

Posted May 21, 2012
The student to teacher ratio is way to high. I believe it is above 30 to 1.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 3

Posted September 06, 2010
Teachers (for the most part) at this campus really go above and beyond when it comes to education. My son's have attended IDEA Quest for a few years now and have really shown considerable improvements in reading, math, and respect skills. Sadly, since there has been a new administration, things have slipped. I see disorganization and I've now seen a teacher be let go within the first 3 weeks of school. Something is going on at this campus and it needs to be addressed. I will be removing my children due to the recent chaos but as far as teachers go, I'll be really sad to say goodbye to them. I think that with enough parental support, our children can thrive at most public or private schools. IDEA Quest has potential... I'm sure they will gain my respect once again at some point in the future.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 5

Posted June 04, 2009
IDEA Public schools was recently awarded a prize from Teach For America. The schools' officers will receive this year s Peter Jennings Award for Civic Leadership. I think this award is justa reflection of their outstanding job with the kids

Idea Quest College Preparatory 4

Posted June 24, 2008
Our son loves this school. The administration is bureaucratic. The proposed discipline program is a good idea, but not always applied in the most effective manner. The classes tend to be large. We do like that the school emphasizes personal responsibility and academic focus. All students are challenged by the IB program participation. There are few extracurricular activities and they need to develop a fine arts program to be more well rounded, but overall, a good start with a unique concept. We have other children in the Sharyland ISD and a private schol. Quest Academy is definitely more structured than either of the other schools and academically comparable (possibly more strenuous) to the other schools. This program is good for children who require additional structure and for families who are looking for a school that has high expectations for students.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 4

Posted April 19, 2008

Idea Quest College Preparatory 2

Posted March 05, 2008
This school says it enforces discipline--don't believe it. Classes are chaos & teachers cannot maintain order. The students even ripped up the bathrooms. There are some good and caring teachers, but they aren't effective because of the lack of discipline. It is much easier for a charter school to expel problem students, but they don't--no doubt for financial reasons. Great concept, poor execution. All talk, no action. Same old same old.

Idea Quest College Preparatory
14001 North Rooth Road, Edinburg, TX  78541
Last modified Idea Quest College Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idea Quest College Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.