Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
most Definitely, it shows in there testing and the results they get from their test

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
yes, students with time do develop respect for not only their teachers, but everyone around them.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
yes , very much so. I have met some of my daughters friends from the same school and they all have the same characteristics, very compassion, caring students. im very pleased

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
my daughter has been going to this school since she was in 3rd grade and this school has taught her to be a very honorable, grateful, sincere person. im very blessed.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 5

Posted May 04, 2016
This school has instilled in my child a piece of hope for her future. its a great school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Ms. Thomas, Its teachers like her that make a difference in my daughters life. she has instilled what hard work will do for an individual and how it can make a difference when you apply your best in something you enjoy doing. My appreciation for this teacher is overwhelming. what a devoted hard working teacher she is. Rosana Garcia(Abigail Kellers mom)

Idea Quest College Preparatory 5

Posted February 09, 2015
Every review is skewed by ones personal experience, so it is hard to be objective when rating a whole school. We have been there for three years with 4-6 kids, two moved to another school to play football. Having said that, my experience is generally great. Our kids are pushed to work hard and held accountable for their behavior and work. While I don't believe there is such thing as a perfect school, because kids have different needs, I do believe this school has a great combination of academic rigor, extracurricular activities, socio-economic mix and accountability (discipline). I like the uniforms, I like the college-going culture & I like the teachers/staff. Lastly, I like that all my kids are on a campus together, K-12. I prefer a smaller school where my kids are not just a number. If I had one suggestion for improvement it would be a better/more facilities for extracurricular activities. For examble, it is impossible to give enough gym time to the number of teams trying to use the one gymnasium/cafeteria, but they make due.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 1

Posted July 16, 2012
don't believe he hype. Although IDEA says all of its students graduate being accepted into a four year college, the reality of this is very different from the positive goal. I have watched, over the passed three yeras as the most experienced teachers and those with master's degres are allowed to move on. How can you build continuity and a culture with such a huge turn over rate? parents are not informed about what is really happening on the campus. The leadership does not want to improve. It's sad.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 3

Posted May 21, 2012
The student to teacher ratio is way to high. I believe it is above 30 to 1.

Idea Quest College Preparatory 3

Posted September 06, 2010
Teachers (for the most part) at this campus really go above and beyond when it comes to education. My son's have attended IDEA Quest for a few years now and have really shown considerable improvements in reading, math, and respect skills. Sadly, since there has been a new administration, things have slipped. I see disorganization and I've now seen a teacher be let go within the first 3 weeks of school. Something is going on at this campus and it needs to be addressed. I will be removing my children due to the recent chaos but as far as teachers go, I'll be really sad to say goodbye to them. I think that with enough parental support, our children can thrive at most public or private schools. IDEA Quest has potential... I'm sure they will gain my respect once again at some point in the future.

14001 North Rooth Road, Edinburg, TX  78541
Last modified Idea Quest College Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.