Cavazos Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2013
I had two children in Cavazos this year. I was really surprised at the low level of parental involvement at the school as compared to other schools in the valley we've had experience with. There were no 'room moms' and attendance at PTO meetings was sparse. The principal was responsive to our concerns regarding behavior management in the classroom (yelling seems to be an issue for at least a few of the teachers). Neither of my children brought home a single math homework assignment this year, nor did I get weekly news letters or much communication at all from the teachers. If we weren't moving out of state, I would be trying to have my kids transferred elsewhere this year or even homeschooling them. This school is doing to the bare minimum to get by and I'm really surprised their greatschools rating is so high. It must be because their test scores are ok. All they do all year is prepare for that test.

Cavazos Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2011
Cavazos has been an Exemplary school for the past 6 years. The teachers work dilligently to ensure that the students are successful. The administrators are supportive and always have the students' best interest in mind.

Cavazos Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2008
The pricipal is very rude!! She yells at the parents and teachers. When she called me I thought it was a joke or a teacher.. when I asked who she was ... she said the pricipal.. I was ssoooo shocked, that a pricipal would talk to a parent like that.... It was a tough year last year 2007-2008... for 2008-2009 I moved my child to another school... Thank God!! My child will never go to Cavazos again!!

Cavazos Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2007

Cavazos Elementary School
P O Box 990, Edinburg, TX  78540
Last modified Cavazos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cavazos Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top