Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Promueve los valores estudiantiles y la honestidad y el orden. Los niños son disciplinados. Me gusta la integridad como se maneja la Sra. Directora.

Porque mi hija estaba feliz, y aprendió Muchas cosas. La atención es mas personalizada y leen mucho. Los felicito a todo el.personal que abora en la Escuela Cavazos.

Cavazos has an outstanding Principal who cares to make a difference in the school and finds solutions when working with difficult students. Every child has potential and NONE should stay behind. Teachers often forget the challenges that comes with the type of field they studied for. Some teachers would rather quit. Not everyone can be a Principal. It takes a special person to fill that position.

I had two children in Cavazos this year. I was really surprised at the low level of parental involvement at the school as compared to other schools in the valley we've had experience with. There were no 'room moms' and attendance at PTO meetings was sparse. The principal was responsive to our concerns regarding behavior management in the classroom (yelling seems to be an issue for at least a few of the teachers). Neither of my children brought home a single math homework assignment this year, nor did I get weekly news letters or much communication at all from the teachers. If we weren't moving out of state, I would be trying to have my kids transferred elsewhere this year or even homeschooling them. This school is doing to the bare minimum to get by and I'm really surprised their greatschools rating is so high. It must be because their test scores are ok. All they do all year is prepare for that test.

Cavazos has been an Exemplary school for the past 6 years. The teachers work dilligently to ensure that the students are successful. The administrators are supportive and always have the students' best interest in mind.

The pricipal is very rude!! She yells at the parents and teachers. When she called me I thought it was a joke or a teacher.. when I asked who she was ... she said the pricipal.. I was ssoooo shocked, that a pricipal would talk to a parent like that.... It was a tough year last year 2007-2008... for 2008-2009 I moved my child to another school... Thank God!! My child will never go to Cavazos again!!

Last modified Cavazos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.