Public charter
El Lago, TX

Posted August 12, 2014
Through my children's time here I have enjoyed all of their classroom teachers. I really love the project based teaching style the school promotes.

Posted April 19, 2014
Bay Area Charter Elementary School. This school has all the qualities for encouraging learning and personal growth for students. The teaching staff are dedicated to each students' needs for advancement and works on their strengths AND weaknesses. Since leaving CCISD I have seen my grandson go from dreading school to being excited each day for school activities. Charter school shows the way for fun and adventure through learning in a positive and structured environment. The Bay Area Charter Elementary school, along with its Middle and High Schools, gives students a chance for real learning in a system who cares.

Bay Area Charter Elementary School 2

Posted April 16, 2014
My child attended from Pre-K to Kinder. She has learning disabilities and was retained in Kinder. When we tried to get testing & special needs services for her second year in Kinder & we were turned down. This school isn't a good school for children with learning disabilities. The school doesn't have a full time Speech pathologist, occupational therapists, or psychologist. How can they meet the needs of kids who need special services? When we started at a new school my child was severely behind the other Kindergarteners when she started her SECOND year of Kinder. After 3 years of school, all at BACE, this should not have been the case. I believe that The teaching staff, lack of educated special services staff, and learning environment delayed my child's learning.

Posted February 20, 2013
The friendly atmosphere at the school is great! We love the small size of the school because we are able to know all the teachers and staff better.

Posted May 29, 2012
I couldn't be happier with this school. We pulled my son out of a highly rated CCISD school to bring him here. Bay Area provides him the freedom to be creative and he has excelled in school since the change. He was rated below grade level in reading in 1st grade while at CCISD and in less then a year at Bay Area is now at a 5th grade reading level. Bay Area gives children the ability to shine!

Posted March 28, 2012
We are so lucky our daughter was offered the opportunity to attend this wonderful school. It is not the usual grandiose facility, with laptops at every desk. It is an unusual Facility with a caring Administrator and teachers moved to educate young minds. There is a waiting list for a reason . . . I am so very happy (as is my daughter) that our last, local school, had such poor luck in picking teachers. If we hadn't run into the usual "study for Taks Testing" scenario that most Public schools seem to offer, my daughter would not have discovered she IS intelligent and she CAN succeed and learn. Better late than never. Thank you Bay Area Charter.

Posted March 26, 2012
I am a parent of a kindergarden and a preschool student at Bay Area Elementary School, and I am very pleased with their program as well as with the school overall. It is clear that the teachers and administration are dedicated to the students, value each student as an individual, appreciate their initiative and creativity, and listen to them. I feel good dropping my kids off at school each day, knowing that they are in good hands and that the teachers will get in touch with me if they observe anything that concerns them. The teachers are great at keeping in touch, and often send updates on the progress of my children .

Bay Area Charter Elementary School 4

Posted February 18, 2012
I can say one thing about the elementary school. Each teacher is committed to the needs of the child and making sure they are successful. There has been a shift in how parents raise their child. This can affect the make-up of how the children react to each other. The teachers work so hard to meet the needs of each child and get the information that is needed to meet the states requirements. Each teacher connects to each student and worries about their success in life. I applaud that everyone at BAC and what they do; it is NOT easy yet each teacher will move a mountain so that each child can reach the peck. Kris Wessale wears many hats yet will do what needs to be done for a student. Amazing.

Posted March 04, 2011
What schools were meant to be. Learning based on learning and not test scores. As a parent, I can visit anytime. Respect is abundant and discipline is evident. Children are learning and not just being babysat.

Posted October 28, 2010
I have 3 children who have, attended public and private schools across many Tx districts. The two younger have attended 2 application-only public schools and 1 regular public school within CCISD. I have also substitute taught at all 2ndary & at the college levels. This is, however, our first experience with a charter school. It has been wonderful! Class size is wonderful at BACES. Project instruction and parent participation is great! No "busywork" for children, but meaningful assignments. Good teachers. Good PTO. Recommend!

Bay Area Charter Elementary School
2600 Humble Drive, El Lago, TX  77586
Last modified Bay Area Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Area Charter Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top