Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I feel the school is disorganized and not very friendly. The school puts a lot of pressure on all the kids for test scores. Principal isn't approachable.

Amount of homework: Disagree

too much homework for younger grades. My son has an hour and a half of homework.

Tippin is one of the best elementary schools that my child has attended - and we've attended a few due to military service. The school seems genuinely concerned about the child's progress and development, and is willing to address and resolve issues head-on. Having had experiences later on in our education process, I now recognize that this school was a cut above. Additionally, having a child in an ethnic minority, my child never felt left out or bullied, which is also quite impressive.

My son just finished his first year at Tippin and our experience was wonderful. My son's teacher encouraged and pushed him to reach his potential and complete his best work. When I asked questions (I am a very involved parent ), she knew his current level and gave great advice for helping him reach his next milestone. We are looking forward to another great year at Tippin!

We have had 3 children at Tippin ES since 2007. I was unimpressed with the principal who retired after the first year but the new principal is fantastic. She really seems to care and has great communication with parents. Every single teacher we have had has been excellent. The orchestra teacher is phenomenal and I have enjoyed volunteering here and there with the PTA. I have met a lot of other great moms and kids. I highly recommend Tippin to anyone.

I really enjoy having my children at Tippin. They are very informative and military friendly. So far we have been pleased with all of the teacher we have dealt with. I cant imagine my children going to any other elem school in El Paso. If you are moving to El Paso a big mistake would be not having your children attend this school.

I don't know about others, but I am not very happy with this school. My child's teacher is lazy, disorganized and unwilling to work with me to help my child do better at school and I am very involved in my children's education. I requested to change classroom but declined by the principle, so therefore, I am not very happy with this school and might have to hold on til the end of the school year!

My son has attended Tippin for four years and we are sad to be moving next year. He is in the Gifted and Talented Program and has excelled in the challenging curriculum. I would recommend anyone moving to El Paso look into the schools where they plan to live. It's worth paying a little more in housing to get a quality school that is safe and where your children will be challenged academically. I would recommend Tippin to any family in the El Paso area.

I have been very pleased with this school. Coming to El Paso, I was worried about getting my kids into a good school. This was our first year here and I have been happy with the education they received at Tippen. The teachers are involved and the school works very hard to keep the focus on learning. The orchestra program is excellent, as is the gifted 4th and 5th grade program. Also, the PTA is awesome here. This is not a Title 1 school and gets a quarter of the funding of the rest of El Paso schools. But you wouldn't know it--these ladies work hard (be prepared for a lot of fundraising though). Parental involvement is high and you're always seeing room parents and helpers around. We are a military family, and I am confident that when we move on to another state my kids won't be behind as I have heard about Texas schools.

My children have been to excellent parochial schools in Georgia, a disastrous charter school in El Paso after we moved here, and now Tippin, and Tippin is by far the best. The quality of the teachers, the very professional administration, the wonderful coaching staff, and the clean, happy and safe environment is unsurpassed. I will not even consider moving again while my children are in elementary, just because I love this school

Last modified Tippin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.