Posted April 29, 2014
I enrolled my grandson (autistic) at Dr.SUE shook in 2013 at the very last minute from arriving Hawaii..the school, staff, Veronica are very awesome and helpful. He was with Mr. Ayala special needs class and they were so awesome with him. They helped his transition go smoothly, very informative, very secure school.

Posted January 05, 2014
My son goes to the school and he loves his teacher and likes the school. I've had no problems and his teacher and staff are courteous. They even have tents so our kids don't have to stand out in the sun when school ends. Very secure school, my son is a transfer here and I'm glad he's here.

Dr Sue A Shook School 2

Posted December 16, 2013
I am a little uneasy with this school I have a kindergarten who goes there and she is very well behaved but lately she has been struggling with her behavior chart and no one will give me answers or help me. I have called the school twice and left messages I also have gone in and I wrote her teacher a note even I don't understand I am a concerned parent about my student there. There homework for kindergarten is to much we sat at the table for two in a half hours and she still did not finish all of it she completely shut down on me. I don't know what to do as a parent besides pulling her out and finding a school who will care about my concerns

Dr Sue A Shook School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
dr sue shook is the best my kids have been there since kinder i have no words security is awesome, and there very profesional the school overall is very clean and nice they even have sun shades for the kids went there out thats pretty nice the one time is that i do pick my son through the pick up drive way and today the kids were not out yet at 3;15 and the lady told me that i could wait i told her that the bell berly rang and there were not outside so i have to go all around i did thaught that was very mean because the classes were getting out late and i wasent the only one waiting this just happen today so i hope it dosent happen again ,but besides of that i think thats the best school i can feel secure and satify that my kids are safe and learning with professionals.

Dr Sue A Shook School 1

Posted September 05, 2013
The worst school ever. If you child has special needs please do not place your child here. They discriminate against children with special needs and do not let them participate where other students would

Posted December 12, 2012
Amazing school! Motivated teachers, incredible technology, great leadership and parent involvement. Moved from EPISD and never looked back...what a difference! Yes, STARS testing is rediculous but, it certainly isn't the schools fault. Teachers would much rather not teach to pass a test but unfortunately in this stupid state, that's the deal. Everyone of my son's teachers have just been amazing! He has one year left and I'm truly worried about what's in store next in Middle School because Sue Shook has set the bar so high!

Dr Sue A Shook School 0

Posted February 22, 2010
I feel my kids are learning i feel very happy.

Posted January 12, 2010
I have a 1st and 5th graders at Sue Shook. I have been impressed with the school since day one. The teachers are excellent. They are concerned with the childrens lives in and out of the classroom. The Principal is usually 'around'. I generally see him daily and that is just with quick drop off and pickup trips. He is very receptive to communication. They deserve their 'exemplary status' . Principal Garcia is wonderful!!

Dr Sue A Shook School 1

Posted September 21, 2009
This is the worse school my children have ever attended. Their main goal is the TAKS and remaining an exemplary school. They do not have the resources or care to help a child that needs more help. Some reorganization and structure would help as well.

Dr Sue A Shook School 3

Posted December 03, 2008
As a parent, I feel fortunate for having my son attending Dr. Sue A Shook School. My son has achieved so much ever since he started attending this school. Teachers at Dr. Sue Shook really make a difference in all their students. Thank you for making a difference in education.

Dr Sue A Shook School
13777 Paseo Del Este, El Paso, TX  79928
Last modified Dr Sue A Shook School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr Sue A Shook School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.