Bad
Good

What can I say about a school that allowed bullying to go for years. The principal Amato needs to be fired and the whole administration needs to be overhauled. I agree if you aren't Hispanic you will be treated poorly. Even though my children are Hispanic they don't look it or speak it. So they are cast off to the side. Good thing I am a loud mouthed parent.

This School has one good thing going for it. the year round schedule. My son attended kinder - 2nd grade. The teachers were HORRIBLE. as a Parent of a learning disabled child he received next to no help, the Teachers even went as far as to change His grades so they reflected better on the school. Bad Bad Bad! If your child is not Spanish speaking do not choose this school. if your child is not Hispanic, you can expect bullying. bloody noses, your child being held down and kicked, and humiliation as the every day norm. from one parent to another don't send your child here if you care about their well being.

If your in with the right people things get done but if not there can be a lot of red tape and unnecessary distractions from services needed for the children.

Overall the school is okay. I love that the curriculum is above average and that the school sends home weekly newsleters about what my children are learning. The only problem that I have with the school is the after-school traffic and lack of shade for parents waiting to pick up their children (if you live with-in 10 miles of the school you will have to drop-off and pick-up your children because busses aren't available, and in the summer months the temps can be in the tripple digits so waiting for your child to get out of school without shaded areas can be hazardous).

Academically I am please with this school. But the teachers don't pay attention to what happens between students. And do a poor job of communicating with the parents. I can't wait until our time in El Paso is up and we can leave this school system. It's pathetic.

Love this school!!! Principal, teachers and staff are amazing! They really care about students and have been a blessing to my child with Autism. I highly recommend this school!

My daughter has attended this school since Kinder. She is now in second grade. Everyone is really helpful and friendly. I feel confident that she has been challenged academically by her teachers and feel that the students are genuinely cared for.

My son has attended this school since the 1st grade. He is now in 3rd. We have had the best experience ever with his teachers and administration. They are willing to give any extra help that is needed. Weekly news is sent home and you are kept informed about your childs education.

Last modified Sgt. Roberto Ituarte Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.