Posted November 10, 2014
Best school ever. Caring principal and teachers. Small classes. Excellent music program. Excellent P.E. program. Foreign languages include Spanish and Chinese Mandarin which the children love. Technology class is instructional and fun. Lots of "hands on" learning. I wish this school went all the way to high school.

Posted June 11, 2013
I have two children in this school. Their music/theatre program is the very best I have seen. The principal is very dedicated and teachers are very hard working. We left the public school system and found heaven in this school. I really wish this school go all the way to high school.

Western Hills U M C 1

Posted April 25, 2013
I'd like to point out that if your grandchildren attended here and are now thriving in law school: that was a very long time ago. I attended Western Hills, for two years, and it was a very different school. It was a very good preschool/kindergarten. Thinking that this was still the case, I enrolled my son, when he was old enough to attend the MDO program. BIG MISTAKE! I won't go into details, but will state that my experience was EXACTLY the same as some of the other disgruntled parent reviews on here. The problems at this school emanate from the top, and trickle down to the faculty and staff. The children, unfortunately, pay the price. My son now attends Green Elementary, and while not a perfect school, it is a vast improvement.

Western Hills U M C 1

Posted January 25, 2013
my child went to this school and has had problems in reading and math. i don't think this school did all it could to teach my child the essentials. this school has many teachers degreed in different areas but not many are in education. register at your own risk

Posted January 06, 2013
In the past year my son has graduated from law school, passed the bar exam on his first attempt and been hired by the district attorney's office here in El Paso. He got his educational start at Western Hills and used it to achieve his goals so far in life. They instill a love of reading and learning in the children they teach here. The teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic. It is a good place to send your children.

Western Hills U M C 4

Posted July 10, 2012
Show us a perfect school! Our previous private school (of 4 yrs.) constantly made errors in accounting, attendance, required expensive uniforms, and had other problem areas. The fundraisers were harsh and demanding, and kids were punished for minor things. We agree that WHMD school could be catering to Juarez families and that some teachers don't speak English properly. They also need to show much more Patriotism for our USA. However; our children did well during the school year; all classes are taught in ENGLISH. Like most other schools, this school is not perfect, but I must say the teachers are passionate, dedicated, and with higher education degrees. The principal and teachers always answered our questions. We figured if we want things to be better, then PARENTS NEED TO GET INVOLVED...and we did. WHMDS is working to improve and we will take that any day over expensive private schools and crowded public schools. Chapel service is good for everyone, the music/drama class is good, parts of the curriculum are changing, the campus is safe, nice and clean. We are looking forward to a great new school year. With God's help we will polish this diamond in the rough!!!!

Posted February 27, 2012
Western Hills Methodist Day School is a great school. My son went to this school since he was three years old and all the way to 5th grade. He is now in public school and he's doing fantastic. That means he was very well prepared from Western Hills. All his teachers did a great job with him. I really do recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a private school with great teachers.

Posted February 27, 2012
My sons attended this school and now they are graduating from middle school with honors. So Western hills did a great job preparing them for middle school.

Posted February 22, 2012
After reading the last two reviews, I feel that there some information that needs to be corrected. Private school teachers do not have to be certified to teach in Texas, they only need to be degreed. In going over our staff records, there are 6 teachers that have their bachelor's degrees and three that have their master's degrees. Two of the master's degrees are in education and one in Education Media. The standards at Western Hills UMC are high for both staff and students. Students and teachers who do not meet these standards become dissatisfied and post bad reviews of the school. Since these reviews are anonymous.

Western Hills U M C 3

Posted April 19, 2011
My children attended Western Hills UMC and now my grandchild attends. My son is in his second year of law school. Western Hills does an excellent job of teaching the basics and instills a love of reading that stays with the children throughtout their future years of education.

Western Hills U M C