Posted September 22, 2014
My sister has been attending Harmony for 3 years going into her 4th year as I write this review. So far are experience with this school are overwhelmingly postivie. There are a few cons here and there but I think it's a matter of knowing what you want them to succeed in. Yes, Harmony does not have any kind of sports activities (I suppose if this is important to a parent the school while NOT meet your needs) and they are lacking in any other after school activities (which to some extent is major con for me) but we've managed to add activities of her own outside of Harmony to keep her busy. Academically the school is what we were looking for and, as of yet, have nothing to complain about. My sister is taking Turkish (which I find strange being there other languages with more use that could have been taught) although should would have preferred French but she's taking it in stride and is enjoying the class. Overall, we've had good experience with Harmony and find it challenging compared to the previous school she attended.

Harmony Science Academy (El Paso) 1

Posted October 10, 2013
I am a parent of two students; prospective parents and students beware. At first, Harmony Science Academy seemed an appropriate choice, comparing it to the public schools surrounding our area; however, the principal and staff are incredibly unorganized, planning their events in a hurried and unorganized manner. The preference in teachers is mostly from Turkish decent. These teachers have not mastered the English language and carry a heavy, incomprehensible accent. We often receive communication such as syllabi or emails from teachers, which are close to illegible. My children are forced to take Turkish classes, when in fact we have selected Spanish as our language of choice. Living in El Paso, Spanish is a necessity, not a preference. We are ready to relocate our children to another school.

Posted September 13, 2013
Academically, you a school that will provide the proper education and also challenge your child. They did all of this for my son, I am sports mom that wants him to achieve in those areas when he gets older. HSA, proviveds skills that enhance what he needs when he reaches college versus holding him back like most school that refuses to teach. Thr teachers are always readily available if he needs more guidance or if I have a question. The facility is a school that is safe looking, he used to go to a school where just anyone could walk in. Thegfacility is helpful and I have never had a problem, my son is in AP classes in which he last school, Bassett Middle School refused to test him, making him bring home straight As was nice, but he was bored. HSA is challenging and he loves, he mskes honor roll all the time.The is the only school that received any type of recognition for their excellent education in yheir students versus any other school in El Paso.

Posted January 19, 2012
As a parent of two students , one in high school and another in middle I am posting these thoughts for other prospective parents.My children have a ttended for 3 years. The dedication of the teachers seems to be very good, albeit I understand that some are hard to understand with their heavy accent. Classrooms seem to be well managed and extracurricular events are thoroughly planned and executed well. It seems their is some administrative channeling of students which in the old days would be called tracking but that is just an opinion . Otherwise thumbs up so far.

Harmony Science Academy (El Paso) 3

Posted June 27, 2011
My daughters have been in this schol for 5 years. My youngest daughter had being bullied most of her life in school and when we transfer her to this school, most of this kind of problems stoped. Their teaching method and leadership were excellent. My oldest daughter has always being very talented, but they did not have much extra curricular corses to help her charllenge herself. They had and excellent science, math, and robotic program, were she was involved until this year she just had the oportunity to placed on Science Fair. The principal was transfered to another HSA around Texas and the vice principal as well. We started seeing changes through the entire school. Especially on my olderst daughters programs mention above. They don't have much sports, H.S. does not provide physical education, Science is not as outstanding. My youngest daughter have improve in many ways. She has no problems with bullies, just typical kids normally arguing but alway school is on top of that. Overall I appreciate HSA for helping my youngest to believe in herself by not having to worry about bullies and the staff always being kind but strict to all students.

Posted February 20, 2011
I have my children there and they are happy. It s a great school with great teachers.

Posted September 19, 2010
As a member of leadership team in Harmony Science Academy El Paso, I would like to thank each and every member of school community to make Harmony El Paso the great experience for me as a new resident of this great city. It has been only pleasure to meet with all parents, students and all other stakeholders in El Paso community . This school has grown in enrollment from 300 to 730 in 4 years which ,of course, brought in some growing pains but what I have seen in my short experience is very dedicated faculty and parents who do everthing to make students feeling at home. With all issues any school might have, I think this school has been a good option for parents in public education. Umit Alp

Posted August 05, 2010
I have two children that attend to this school since 2008. Overall I think this is an excellent school. Not only for the academic quality provided but also for the intrinsic motivation my children have. My children academic growth has exceeded our expectations. Parent involvement is a very important part in students academic life. Teachers are always thinking in supporting and improving the parents community by offering ESL classes, Turkish cooking classes, entertainment. It is so enjoyable that as a parent you always want to get involved. One aspect I am very thankful of is that all teachers are always involve not only with their students but also with their families. They always go for the extra mile. Extracurricular activities are always well organized. Finally, I want to thank all teachers and staff members for everything you do for our children. Guadalupe Yoshimoto

Posted August 05, 2010
I am currently a student at HSA, and i have attended the school since it opened. I believe that the school is a great oppurtunity if students like to be challenged. The teachers and administration greatly support students, in their academics. This school has opened many doors for me. I would recommend this school for any student who likes science/math/engineering.

Harmony Science Academy (El Paso) 1

Posted June 07, 2010
Administration does not have a clue how to run a school. Everything is always running on last minute. Dean of Education does not even have a masters degree. If you were to give the 10th grade TAKS test to the Turkish Administration, I guarantee that not a single one would pass it. In addition, the Turkish staff have horrific english writing, reading, and speaking skills. Turkish staff are given better pay, perks, and more access to the school compared to the regular non-turkish teachers. Shame on this school.

Harmony Science Academy (El Paso)
9405 Betel Drive, El Paso, TX  79907
Last modified Harmony Science Academy (El Paso) is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy (El Paso) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top