Bad
Good

My daughter is an 8th grade student with A's in all her classes with perfect attendance. We just moved from another state where she also got perfect grades in her previous schools. But because the military assigned us a new duty station, my daughter had to complete her 8th grade education and apply to MECH for the next school year. The counselors and teachers at her school suggested her to take MECH because of her outstanding grades. She had submitted all the criteria, eligibility, and requirements that MECH expected. But she wasn't accepted. On the other hand her teacher's daughter was accepted even though she was a B student. It makes her classmates think that you don't need to work hard or have perfect grades and attendance to go to MECH. All you need is just a connection. While others said that if you write your parents college degree in the application, you won't be accepted. I think that MECH should be more transparent in their system in deciding who will be chosen to be their future students rather than make their candidates guess why they are declined.

I am a senior at Mission Early College High School. My main concern with MECHS is the incessant push to attend UTEP. It is apparent that going to another university is discouraged. I have also found a problem with some of the teachers. Most teachers at MECHS are extremely dedicated to their students. However, there are a handful of teachers that do not care and do a very poor job at teaching. One time, I had a final exam that was prepared and graded by a teacher's hand-picked group of favorites. Worse, the office did nothing about it. At MECHS, teachers have authority, and the office does not engage in the affairs of the classroom. So in reality, teachers are left to their own devices. What I find most worrisome about MECHS is the have, have-not divide between the students. Those who graduated EPCC early and are enrolled in UTEP their senior year are heavily favored and are given blatant special treatment. However, despite the negatives, this school attempts to blend the structure of high school with the freedoms of college. The administration respects and trusts the students. Overall, this school is overhyped, but it has some very bright spots.

In this schol we dont have cliches. We are like a family we never judge others of their looks. This is a great opportunity where you ca nactually have fun in school.

I attend MECHS and I might say that it is one of the best things that could have happened to me. This school is amazing in many ways. Not only the way the teachers interact with the students but the way that students are with each other. No bad things happen at school. It feels really good when people ask you what school do you go to and you say Mission Early College HS. I think that in a way students, teachers and staff are like a family. They are all there for each other. Go Phoenix!!!!!!!! ;)

I currently attend this school, and I love it. MECHS allows us to excel in a college environment and earn college credit while still in high school. The closeness of the teachers and students are amazing, and we can always ask for help easily if we need it. Even if there are only sports within ourselves, there are many clubs and activities you can get involved in. There are high standards we are expected to meet, and we go above them every time. This school has taught me to believe you can accomplish anything with hard work. :)

I've been a student of this school for almost all four years. I'm currently a senior and i have enjoyed every minute that i attend Mission Early College HIgh School. Our atmosphere is like no other school. It's very easy to learn but also very challenging. The teachers are great, always availble to the students and the staff is very friendly. I can guarantee you that the principal will know your first name and last name. It's more like a family atmosphere than a high school, that is why we tend to pay more attention and obviously exceed in our test scores. I recommend this school to all those parents that want a future for your children and all those incoming freshmen that want to have the career of your dreams.

It's a great start for the long college journey

It gives students the experience of being able to go to college and not having to worry about finances; it's great!

Because it has one of the most amazing teachers I've ever known, and it is a school that is really working for an underserved group of first generation college students.

I attend MECHS and it is the best school out there. For once in my life I wake up in the morning and I want to go to school. I am grateful I chose to go to MECHS. This school it is just amazing and the teachers and students are welcoming and nice. There is are so many things I can say about this school. The teachers help us achieve what we think is impossible and as a student it is tough but you get through it. Our parents are involved in your education to help us get through the hard times. No matter what our teachers never give up. This is why I am proud to be a part of this I love this school.

Last modified Mission Early College High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.