Mission Early College High School 1

Posted February 26, 2014
My daughter is an 8th grade student with A's in all her classes with perfect attendance. We just moved from another state where she also got perfect grades in her previous schools. But because the military assigned us a new duty station, my daughter had to complete her 8th grade education and apply to MECH for the next school year. The counselors and teachers at her school suggested her to take MECH because of her outstanding grades. She had submitted all the criteria, eligibility, and requirements that MECH expected. But she wasn't accepted. On the other hand her teacher's daughter was accepted even though she was a B student. It makes her classmates think that you don't need to work hard or have perfect grades and attendance to go to MECH. All you need is just a connection. While others said that if you write your parents college degree in the application, you won't be accepted. I think that MECH should be more transparent in their system in deciding who will be chosen to be their future students rather than make their candidates guess why they are declined.

Mission Early College High School 2

Posted February 02, 2011
I am a senior at Mission Early College High School. My main concern with MECHS is the incessant push to attend UTEP. It is apparent that going to another university is discouraged. I have also found a problem with some of the teachers. Most teachers at MECHS are extremely dedicated to their students. However, there are a handful of teachers that do not care and do a very poor job at teaching. One time, I had a final exam that was prepared and graded by a teacher's hand-picked group of favorites. Worse, the office did nothing about it. At MECHS, teachers have authority, and the office does not engage in the affairs of the classroom. So in reality, teachers are left to their own devices. What I find most worrisome about MECHS is the have, have-not divide between the students. Those who graduated EPCC early and are enrolled in UTEP their senior year are heavily favored and are given blatant special treatment. However, despite the negatives, this school attempts to blend the structure of high school with the freedoms of college. The administration respects and trusts the students. Overall, this school is overhyped, but it has some very bright spots.

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted January 07, 2010
In this schol we dont have cliches. We are like a family we never judge others of their looks. This is a great opportunity where you ca nactually have fun in school.

Posted December 10, 2009
I attend MECHS and I might say that it is one of the best things that could have happened to me. This school is amazing in many ways. Not only the way the teachers interact with the students but the way that students are with each other. No bad things happen at school. It feels really good when people ask you what school do you go to and you say Mission Early College HS. I think that in a way students, teachers and staff are like a family. They are all there for each other. Go Phoenix!!!!!!!! ;)

Posted October 10, 2009
I currently attend this school, and I love it. MECHS allows us to excel in a college environment and earn college credit while still in high school. The closeness of the teachers and students are amazing, and we can always ask for help easily if we need it. Even if there are only sports within ourselves, there are many clubs and activities you can get involved in. There are high standards we are expected to meet, and we go above them every time. This school has taught me to believe you can accomplish anything with hard work. :)

Mission Early College High School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
I've been a student of this school for almost all four years. I'm currently a senior and i have enjoyed every minute that i attend Mission Early College HIgh School. Our atmosphere is like no other school. It's very easy to learn but also very challenging. The teachers are great, always availble to the students and the staff is very friendly. I can guarantee you that the principal will know your first name and last name. It's more like a family atmosphere than a high school, that is why we tend to pay more attention and obviously exceed in our test scores. I recommend this school to all those parents that want a future for your children and all those incoming freshmen that want to have the career of your dreams.

Posted October 05, 2009
It's a great start for the long college journey

Posted October 05, 2009
It gives students the experience of being able to go to college and not having to worry about finances; it's great!

Posted October 04, 2009
Because it has one of the most amazing teachers I've ever known, and it is a school that is really working for an underserved group of first generation college students.

Mission Early College High School
P O Box 20500, El Paso, TX  79998
Last modified Mission Early College High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Early College High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top