Bad
Good

I'm so surprised by the negative reviews of this school, because we had such a great experience with it. My son attended kinder and first grade here, and he loved his teachers. For kinder, he had Mrs. Fernandez, and she was amazing! She sang to the kids, played the guitar, and really made learning fun. My son's first grade teacher was great as well. In fact, she recognized that he'd need a little extra to stay challenged in school, so she recommended him for their gifted and talented program. As a parent, I loved the added security measures that the school had in place, and I appreciated that the school was very organized and strict when it came to dropping your child off or picking them up. Overall, we really liked this elementary school.

Hooooorrible school. My kids also don't like it. It's true all they care about are the test scores and the absences kids have. Not friendly at all. Moved my kids 1 month later and they are now happy were they are.

This school is terrible. All they care about is their attendance and test scores. My kids have only been in this school for 4 months and they don't ever want to go. They loved school every year up until they attended Chester E. Jordan. The assistant principal told me that security was highly important to them. They leave the front door unlocked and the main office door is unlocked as well. If kids can just walk out of the school in 1st and 5th grade, I'd say their security isn't important. The communication is terrible on everyone's part who works there (i.e. administration, teachers & staff). I also want to say that the staff in the office has no clue as to what is going on. You go in and they look at you with a blank stare. I would not recommend this school to anyone who asked, if they should send their children to Chester E. Jordan, and encourage them to explore any and every other option they can.

My son required more help to learn in different areas and I did not find the help that I expected. I have a medical record that explains that my son requieres more help to learn but when I asked for help the principal as well as the person who recollects information to accept my son in special education look like to be too busy to hear me. Also, the administrative staff is helpless

My daughter is 9 and has been attending this school for the last 2 years. We are originally from Virginia. In Virginia they have amazing schools so I didn't even think of being concerned about sending her here. How wrong was I? Completely, utterly wrong. All this school cares about are the test scores for the state. That is literally all they do. Review for test, review for test, review for test. Oh, and they are also hardcore on attendance. Not for the kids benefit of course but because it reflects well on them. I have never considered sending my kids to a private school or homeschooling them so much. They don't even have art at this school. Who doesn't have art?? My youngest daughter is supposed to be starting here next year and I am honestly considering taking out a loan for private school. What is more important than the foundation of your child's education? This school slaughters it. The only reason I give 2 stars is because my daughter did have a very nice teacher last year. She seemed to actually know what she was doing.

The teachers are passionate about teaching, my son has had a great kinder and 1st grade experience. The school prides itself on it's anti-bullying program and it's safety, I'm especially impressed with the drop-off and pick-up system given how many students are there.

The school looks nice from outside. The teachers are not so great. I went to a parent/teacher conference and the teacher started arguing with the child in front of the parent. Then she started in on my child and I told her what she had said in an email to both my child and me when she realized she was wrong but never apologized. The students bully each other and the teachers listen to favorites. If they see your child suffering in school and they know they need help the faculty refuses until it's in writing and then they only read bits and pieces without fully understanding the issue at hand. A lot of attitude in the office and the incompetence in the attendance office is mind numbing. The guidance counselors are great but 2 people can only do so much. Needless to say, my children would hace been better off learning from a homeless person than here.

Do not send your child to this school. Children are out of control. Teachers have no control over the classrooms. My child was bullied by both the students and the teacher amd nothing was done. In the middle of a meeting two teachers spoke Spanish in front of me thinking I didn't know what they were saying. Not supportive of military families and what the children go through.

Avoid this school at all cost! My children completed 2nd and 4th grades here and learned very little. A wasted year as far as their education goes. Absolutely zero communication on anyone's part (i.e. teachers, administrators, staff). Most were completely clueless about activities going on throughout the school year. Countless times we got the deer in the headlight stare. I would recommend homeschooling before I would recommend this sham of a public school. If I could rate zero stars, I would.

Mixed bag. Chester Jordan has some gifted, truly devoted teachers and an excellent counselor. The building is nice, but our experience with the administration was dismal. No PTA, no community atmosphere. Candy is used as a reward in the classroom. Our family attended Chester Jordan for 1 year. One teacher worked with us closely to help our daughter flourish. The other seemed too busy getting other kids up to speed to make time for ours. Both kinder teachers worked together to recommend both our daughters be moved to 1st grade mid-year, a transition that went smoothly at the time. The 1st grade teacher was firm and consistent, although her communication with parents was poor. Our kids didn't learn very much, but they loved school, so we supplemented at home. On requesting their academic records, we learned that the asst. principal had not done the paperwork to get our twins' grade placements updated. The new asst. principal did all she could during the summer to help us, but it was too late and our daughters had to repeat 1st grade at their new school. The GT teacher was professional and knowledgeable. We heard about many instances of bullying, despite efforts to reduce them.

Last modified Chester E. Jordan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.