Posted July 26, 2014
My son required more help to learn in different areas and I did not find the help that I expected. I have a medical record that explains that my son requieres more help to learn but when I asked for help the principal as well as the person who recollects information to accept my son in special education look like to be too busy to hear me. Also, the administrative staff is helpless

Chester E. Jordan Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2014
My daughter is 9 and has been attending this school for the last 2 years. We are originally from Virginia. In Virginia they have amazing schools so I didn't even think of being concerned about sending her here. How wrong was I? Completely, utterly wrong. All this school cares about are the test scores for the state. That is literally all they do. Review for test, review for test, review for test. Oh, and they are also hardcore on attendance. Not for the kids benefit of course but because it reflects well on them. I have never considered sending my kids to a private school or homeschooling them so much. They don't even have art at this school. Who doesn't have art?? My youngest daughter is supposed to be starting here next year and I am honestly considering taking out a loan for private school. What is more important than the foundation of your child's education? This school slaughters it. The only reason I give 2 stars is because my daughter did have a very nice teacher last year. She seemed to actually know what she was doing.

Posted August 11, 2013
The teachers are passionate about teaching, my son has had a great kinder and 1st grade experience. The school prides itself on it's anti-bullying program and it's safety, I'm especially impressed with the drop-off and pick-up system given how many students are there.

Posted July 22, 2013
The school looks nice from outside. The teachers are not so great. I went to a parent/teacher conference and the teacher started arguing with the child in front of the parent. Then she started in on my child and I told her what she had said in an email to both my child and me when she realized she was wrong but never apologized. The students bully each other and the teachers listen to favorites. If they see your child suffering in school and they know they need help the faculty refuses until it's in writing and then they only read bits and pieces without fully understanding the issue at hand. A lot of attitude in the office and the incompetence in the attendance office is mind numbing. The guidance counselors are great but 2 people can only do so much. Needless to say, my children would hace been better off learning from a homeless person than here.

Posted July 21, 2013
Do not send your child to this school. Children are out of control. Teachers have no control over the classrooms. My child was bullied by both the students and the teacher amd nothing was done. In the middle of a meeting two teachers spoke Spanish in front of me thinking I didn't know what they were saying. Not supportive of military families and what the children go through.

Posted June 05, 2013
Avoid this school at all cost! My children completed 2nd and 4th grades here and learned very little. A wasted year as far as their education goes. Absolutely zero communication on anyone's part (i.e. teachers, administrators, staff). Most were completely clueless about activities going on throughout the school year. Countless times we got the deer in the headlight stare. I would recommend homeschooling before I would recommend this sham of a public school. If I could rate zero stars, I would.

Chester E. Jordan Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2012
Mixed bag. Chester Jordan has some gifted, truly devoted teachers and an excellent counselor. The building is nice, but our experience with the administration was dismal. No PTA, no community atmosphere. Candy is used as a reward in the classroom. Our family attended Chester Jordan for 1 year. One teacher worked with us closely to help our daughter flourish. The other seemed too busy getting other kids up to speed to make time for ours. Both kinder teachers worked together to recommend both our daughters be moved to 1st grade mid-year, a transition that went smoothly at the time. The 1st grade teacher was firm and consistent, although her communication with parents was poor. Our kids didn't learn very much, but they loved school, so we supplemented at home. On requesting their academic records, we learned that the asst. principal had not done the paperwork to get our twins' grade placements updated. The new asst. principal did all she could during the summer to help us, but it was too late and our daughters had to repeat 1st grade at their new school. The GT teacher was professional and knowledgeable. We heard about many instances of bullying, despite efforts to reduce them.

Posted April 25, 2012
Absolutely amazing school! The principle and teachers go above and beyond to give the children the best school experience and do so while giving them top of the line teaching. Their level of commitment and attention to the students is top notch! We will be moving out of the area soon and will be extremely sad to leave Chester Jordan.

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted May 13, 2009
Wonderful school. Friendly and safe environment. The thing I loved the most was if a staff memember saw someone w/o a visitor pass in the hall they'd stop and ask to help you. This made me feel that my PK student was in a safe environment. I can't say enough about the principle! I've never met one so engaged and accessible. She knows most if not all of the kids by names. The nurse is also a great help. The PK bus monitors are always friendly and do a good. We are moving and will not be attending next year.

Chester E. Jordan Elementary School
13995 Jason Crandall Drive, El Paso, TX  79938
Last modified Chester E. Jordan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester E. Jordan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top