Public charter
El Paso, TX

La Fe Preparatory School 5

Posted January 23, 2011
It is a GREAT school. Parental involvement is MANDATORY (isn't that what you want?). There is no PTA, why? Because there are monthly parent, teacher and administrator meetings that are MANDATORY. Why would you need a PTA in this case? It is a dual language school (English and Spanish). All subjects are taught, and reinforced. The after school program is stellar and involves multiple athletic, art and civic opportunities (teenagers HELP, but do not run the program). The after school program is VOLUNTARY. It is very structured. The administrators LISTEN to the parents. Class size is limited to 16 students with 1 teacher and 2 aids. As a former teacher, this is the BEST school I have ever been involved with. There is a reason why the waiting list is a mile long...yes, it's THAT good!

Posted October 11, 2010
The thematically-integrated curriculum within the fully bilingual setting in the heart of Segundo Barrio makes this educational community - kids, parents, and staff - an inspiring place to learn and grow!

La Fe Preparatory School 1

Posted May 09, 2010

Posted April 27, 2010
My niece is curently attending this school and yes she has learned spanish but that is it. My sister insisted I put my child in this school but after her her little girl that she is not thriving in math or even reading or writing I declined. By this time my daughter was already reading and writing. The afterschool program is just a daycare and the yes the teachers ask for too much parent involvement and sometimes it gets pretty expensive they revolve around fieldtrips and the kids run around the school they have no structure.

La Fe Preparatory School 5

Posted February 26, 2010
I am very lucky to have my child at La Fe Preparatory School. My son has been here since first grade. He has learned English without having to lose his Spanish Instruction. The dedication of the staff is wonderful, they go above and beyond to make the students and their families welcome. The after school and summer program have given my son the opportunity that he would never be able to have in any other school.

Posted February 23, 2010
We probably won't re-enroll our son in the Fall. He has learned a lot of Spanish but he's learned almost nothing about Math. The school asks for a lot of help from parents but for the most part they decline suggestions. They don't have a PTO and refuse to allow one. Their afterschool program is one of the main reasons we went with the school but we have found that it's run by a bunch of 18 yr olds who barely keep an eye on the kids. The school is a nice concept but its implementation leaves much to be desired. Maybe it's a good school for children in that area whose only other option is Aoy but I wouldn't recommend choosing La Fe over a decently rated public school in your area...

La Fe Preparatory School
616 East Father Rahm Avenue, El Paso, TX  79901
Last modified La Fe Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Fe Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top