Posted March 01, 2012
Don't walk but run from this school! My daughter was in first grade and the horrible experience she had at Desert Hills Elementary is still a struggle we are trying to get over. We have since moved out of state and she is repeating first grade in just three months at another school her reading level has jumped by two. The teachers treated my child as burden and she felt punished for not reading well. This school lacks competence, compassion, and creativity. If you are a military family this is not the school you want your child in. The amount of homework should tell you just how bad the school is you might as well be homeschooling.

Desert Hills Elementary School 3

Posted March 11, 2010
My daughter is in Kinder and she has learned so much in her first year of school. The only problem that I have is the drop off/pick up it is a mess

Desert Hills Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2009
As a parent im really happy with this scool my son has learned so much. The teachers are great. Our only problem is the assistant princple who seems to not care much about thed school. In looking him up we've found he has a bad track record working in schools.

Desert Hills Elementary School 0

Posted August 21, 2009
My son has graduated from this school and this has been his only school. His teachers, all of whom I had respect for, did their job well. I respect the leadership at the school. Discpline, proper dress, and decorum are emphasized. I give the school credit for creating a constructive environment, and teaching my son to read well. They do need a longer recess and lunch, and probably a longer school year.

Desert Hills Elementary School 5

Posted November 20, 2008

Desert Hills Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2008
I am another unpleased parent that has a special needs child that attends this school. There is very very poor regard for students that need extra help that do not fit in the category of normal students. I think as educators it is their job and responsibility to look for ways to assist with children that have difficulty in school. These people don't have a clue so they sit back and do nothing while valuable time is wasted in mine and other childrens education. It is a shame. How long will kids fall throught thecrack before these people are held accountable for their actions or lack there of.

Posted April 06, 2008
I am a mother of a special needs child, and I was not impressed with the school. I will not send my child to this school next year.

Posted April 02, 2008
I'm sorry to say that I am not pleased at all with this school. There is no parent-teacher communication even after you have expressed your concerns. Hard to tell what to expect as homework (if any). Among other things which I would need full page for...I will not be sending my daughter next year to this school.

Desert Hills Elementary School
14521 Horizon Boulevard, El Paso, TX  79928
Last modified Desert Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top