Bad
Good

I am a senior at Mountain View high school, I have been here for 4 years. I love this school so much. I've seen old staff leave and new staff go. When I was a freshman Mr.Martinez was the principal, and now we have Mr.Harrington. I really appreciate what Mr.Harrington has done for us as students. At Mountain View high school, they do offer many activities, such as rifle team, color guard,cheer leading, track, softball,baseball, football, cadet challenge, etc. They do only have spanish as the foreign language but that will eventually expand. Mountain view high school is now offering child development, and a new nursing program! It is just excellent, and they offer an amazing cosmetology class. As for the administration, they are a great administration, and they are very strict about attendance. The school does offer tutoring, and to prevent from losing credit, you can go to tutoring and make up your hours. This year they have this new laptop thing. Every student receives a laptop in the beginning of the year, and each teacher has a google classroom where the teachers assign homework and classwork. My overall perspective towards the school and administration is excellent. Another thing I wanted to mention was the shaving, for the boys, the administration reminds them to be clean shaved everyday to look nice and prepare for the future. Every student needs to dress for success!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

There is no bullying tolerating at mountain view high school

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They do offer the 504 program and sped to improve students with difficulties in learning.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

We have an amazing leadership group at mountain view high school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every student learns to respect the teachers. They need to raise their hand and call their teacher ma'am, miss, or Mr.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are very helpful!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is very important. For the math teachers, they do give you homework most of the time however, they do workout most of the problems in homework with you.

As a student here its been great for me to atend this school. Although some may say this is a very strict school.believe me its not ..for sure ive seen worst.Teachers&Staff are excellent here at mvhs they do their best of whats in their hands to make us succeed. Here we have the opportunity to become someone in life,about dress code,ofcourse rules are applied.But its nothing out of normal NO UNIFORMS. Its certanly not a "horrible school" Our principal Mr. Martinez is one of the many people here that try to encourage us to look for a bright future.We are offered many activities such as band,art, dance,football,track,softball,tennis,golf,volleyball,basketball,baseball and some others,as well as AP classes.Im one of many that really enjoys being at Mountain View im also one of many who is searching a bright future.This school may not be one of the best highschools but its certanly a really good school.Based on our academic lev. we are the ones who decide how much we learn.Since the moment we are freshman to the point we are seniors we have loved being part of such a great school and even a family more than just another highschool I WOULD RECOMEND THIS SCHOOL.Welcoming anyone

Mountain View High School home of the Lobos, here in our school we students try hard to be recognized. Yes we are limited to extra carricular, but me as a freshmen have seen my class members and upper class men cope with it. We are hoping to get more activities at school. I'm proud to say that this school is great trying to improve everyday.

I am a junior at this high school and i was very disappointed when i read a review from a student in this school. This freshman said that our shcool was horrible but what can he/she know if they bearly started school here? Just fyi, our school offers English and History dual cradit classes, Spanish and Calculus AP courses and they are taught by excellent teachers. We also have a great band, marching band, dance team, cheerleading team, track and UIL teams just to name a few. I am also a student with a high grade point average and I think that this high school has grown alot. I would like to thank our principal, Mr. Martinez, for working so hard to make this possible. I am dissapointed in that freshman who talked so lowly of his/her own school. Where's your school pride? Here at Mountain View, the view is outstanding!

Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.