Posted September 07, 2012
As a student here its been great for me to atend this school. Although some may say this is a very strict school.believe me its not ..for sure ive seen worst.Teachers&Staff are excellent here at mvhs they do their best of whats in their hands to make us succeed. Here we have the opportunity to become someone in life,about dress code,ofcourse rules are applied.But its nothing out of normal NO UNIFORMS. Its certanly not a "horrible school" Our principal Mr. Martinez is one of the many people here that try to encourage us to look for a bright future.We are offered many activities such as band,art, dance,football,track,softball,tennis,golf,volleyball,basketball,baseball and some others,as well as AP classes.Im one of many that really enjoys being at Mountain View im also one of many who is searching a bright future.This school may not be one of the best highschools but its certanly a really good school.Based on our academic lev. we are the ones who decide how much we learn.Since the moment we are freshman to the point we are seniors we have loved being part of such a great school and even a family more than just another highschool I WOULD RECOMEND THIS SCHOOL.Welcoming anyone

Posted February 16, 2011
Mountain View High School home of the Lobos, here in our school we students try hard to be recognized. Yes we are limited to extra carricular, but me as a freshmen have seen my class members and upper class men cope with it. We are hoping to get more activities at school. I'm proud to say that this school is great trying to improve everyday.

Posted April 20, 2010
I am a junior at this high school and i was very disappointed when i read a review from a student in this school. This freshman said that our shcool was horrible but what can he/she know if they bearly started school here? Just fyi, our school offers English and History dual cradit classes, Spanish and Calculus AP courses and they are taught by excellent teachers. We also have a great band, marching band, dance team, cheerleading team, track and UIL teams just to name a few. I am also a student with a high grade point average and I think that this high school has grown alot. I would like to thank our principal, Mr. Martinez, for working so hard to make this possible. I am dissapointed in that freshman who talked so lowly of his/her own school. Where's your school pride? Here at Mountain View, the view is outstanding!

Posted August 03, 2009
This school is headed in a successful direction. Throughout my time spent there, I learned quite a bit. And yes, it lacks many opportunities that other high schools may have, but with the new principal, Mr. Martinez, things seem to be looking toward a new horizon. The there are great. Yes, I agree the dress code is a bit strict, but without it, thing would get quite out of line. In my time at Mountain View, I had 3 principal and the entire administration has been changed, twice! Not to mention the staff being quite new. The AP courses offered this past year were Calculus AB, Statistics, Spanish Language, and Spanish Literature. The band program offered is very successful. And Information Technology courses are available. Through this program they have gotten students to get INET, A+, and Microsoft certifications. It is, beyond doubt, an above average school.

Posted February 21, 2009
This school is horrible. The school is very low academically, the rules for the students are way too strict, and the extracurricular classes and opportunities are limited. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Im a freshman there and i was appalled when i learned there was no choir and the only foreign language is spanish. I have a high grade average and if you want the opportunity to do good in life i do not recommend u start here...

Posted April 07, 2008

Posted October 04, 2007
i think what mvhs haves the best teachers and a best teacher Mr navar inspires the students to do the best

Posted November 15, 2005

Posted September 13, 2005
School is great. AP courses available also much help available in SATs and other tests to help you get into college. Counselors make themselves available to students.

Posted June 27, 2005
- a former student

Mountain View High School
14521 Horizon Boulevard, El Paso, TX  79928
Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top