Public charter
El Paso, TX

Posted June 10, 2015
My son is the happiest he has ever been since starting at Vista Del Futuro. The front office staff is very knowledgeable and help any way they can. The curriculum is challenging and my son is always excited to learn. The teachers are very caring and positive towards teaching and the student learning. I would recommend Vista also because it is one of the top rated schools in El Paso.

Posted June 09, 2015
I have two children who attend this school and both excel. The teachers are excellent as are the course studies. This school demands much from the student and parents and provides as much.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 03, 2015
I will say, the teachers seem to be pretty caring. I've only met a few of the, but my daughter's complaints are only about the environment. She says the teachers are strict, but kind.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School 2

Posted June 03, 2015
I have to agree with the previous reviews for this year. They have some absolutely amazing teachers there, but the curriculum is sorely lacking. First off, this is not a STEM school. I have seen little except common core math based on the homework sent home. There is no robotics, no engineering, no advanced math here that I know of. Add to that no recess, no playground, no art, no library, no computers (it's supposed to be a technology school!), and no educational field trips. No celebrations either, not even an honor roll. The lunch program, which started off strong has ended with nachos and chicken nuggets. Nothing but a smaller version of a standard public school with less resources for the kids. Now, imagine all of this with absolutely no opportunities for parent involvement. You aren't allowed to have lunch with your child, visit their classroom to volunteer, etc. It's a closed door policy, and it makes you wonder what they have to hide. What little I have seen of the inside of the school makes me very disappointed. My daughter doesn't want to return next year because she said "learning wasn't fun anymore". I guess it could be worse, but we will be looking for better next year. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe they are able to offer any advantage over the public school here, unless you're absolutely set on smaller classes and willing to trade everything else I listed for it.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School 1

Posted April 21, 2015
My husband and I were super excited when we heard about this school and everything it offered, from the STEM curriculum, to robotics, the music program, etc. I have been greatly disappointed. The school year is close to finishing and no robotics. At the new student orientation we were shown a garden. My child has never worked on it. The students were going to be grouped according to their abilities and strengths and this was not so. As of today, my child has not gone on any educational field trips. They are not allowed to celebrate holidays like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. I was really hoping that this school would challenge my child and made learning fun and exciting through lot's of hands on activities and projects........... not so. NO SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS, NO COMPUTER LAB, NO LIBRARY. My child says "My school is so boring !!" My child used to love going to school but that is not the case anymore. And the lunch ladies............. I won't even go there. All in all, major disappointment. We made a mistake and we will not be repeating it next year.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School 1

Posted March 18, 2015
This school is advertised as a stem school and advertises so many benefits like Suzuki violin. However my son has received zero benefit from this school. He was never offered violin and there is zero stem curriculum. Their day consists of nothing but state test prep worksheets. There is no science or engineering or creativity of any kind. There is no recess at this school so there is no break from the monotony of worksheets. They have strict policies on how you as the parent can feed your child lunch. My son has been harassed on a daily basis by an undereducated lunch lady who inspects his lunch and takes away food she deems inappropriate while at the same time serving nachos for lunch! My 8 year old son is depressed and hates school. This is so sad that they have managed to turn him off of school so young. His teacher and principal are so apathetic to our concerns. He has 3 homework assignments every night which I think is excessive. This school is insane they care more about what I feed my son then about his grades, progress, or wellbeing. Don't send your kids here! Regular public schools are 1000x better

Posted January 17, 2014
Excellent school environment. Staff very friendly, If you are interested in a high quality education and safe environment for your child this is it :) My three children (first,second,and fourth grade) love to go every day specially for P.E. coach is a piece of heaven and Mrs. Whitman an excellent Principal.

Posted June 28, 2013
Excellent school, small school compared to public schools. Everyone from all the staff, teachers and after school program are very happy to help the children.They want the children to have a positive learning experience and promote good values along with healthy life habits. My son went through kinder here and we are getting ready for 1st grade. I would recommend Vista Del Futuro to any parent that wants give their child a great education and to be involved in their child's education every day.

Posted February 26, 2013
Excellent school, My child is in second grade and he already knows how to multiply and divide. I just think that is awesome for a 7 year old!

Posted January 01, 2012
I must say that I am very pleased with vista del futuro. My child started kinder right when they opened their doors. She was starting to sound out letters together, but wasn't quite reading. Let's just say that those kindergarten teachers are amazing because not only was she reading by the end of the year (as they said she would be) but every child graduated reading at first grade level! The school atmosphere is very cheerful. It's a smaller school so the kids know all the teachers, office personnel , principal, the chef, and the parent volunteers:) in my personal experience the teachers and staff truly do have the children's best interest at heart. It's a great school, id definitely encourage you to go thru an orientation to know for yourself :)

Vista Del Futuro Charter School
7310 Bishop Flores Drive, El Paso, TX  79912
Last modified Vista Del Futuro Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Del Futuro Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top