Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted December 15, 2015
If you expect your child to change teachers 4 times before December, this is the school for you. Otherwise just enroll your kids in public school. So ANGRY!!! Public School is not the best but at least they have consistency.

Posted September 16, 2015
I am very disappointed with this school. I enrolled my daughter because they claim to help the students who excel and because was sold to the greatest and latest, on multiple activities and program but in reality was all lies, they don’t have any related programs offered nor the have a competent staff. They do not evaluate the children to see where they are at. The school is small and they dont have enough staff and the aside from that they are rude there is very rude. I dont recommend this school at all you are better off in a public school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
I enrolled my daughter here because they claim to place students according to their reading skills and knowledge. This is not true. They claim to be a STEM school, and its not true. I am very disappointed with system, staff (they are rude) and teachers are not caring.The kinder teacher my daughter has yells constantly at them with no patience, this is unacceptable . The only person there caring is the principal, she is a great person. Very disappointed in this school :(

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
They don’t develop the listed characteristics since there method of learning is not dynamic, they enforce they don't teach.

Posted August 11, 2015
I am a very disappointed parent, we enrolled our kids in this school because was sold to us as the greatest and latest, on multiple activities and program but in reality was all lies, they don’t have any related programs offered nor the have a competent staff, excessive turnaround of teachers. And not to mention the front office staff is rude, then don’t have skills to deal with parent nor they have proper ways of communication, they don’t understand a bit of customer service or parent retention.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School 5

Posted June 10, 2015
My son is the happiest he has ever been since starting at Vista Del Futuro. The front office staff is very knowledgeable and help any way they can. The curriculum is challenging and my son is always excited to learn. The teachers are very caring and positive towards teaching and the student learning. I would recommend Vista also because it is one of the top rated schools in El Paso.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School 5

Posted June 09, 2015
I have two children who attend this school and both excel. The teachers are excellent as are the course studies. This school demands much from the student and parents and provides as much.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 03, 2015
I will say, the teachers seem to be pretty caring. I've only met a few of the, but my daughter's complaints are only about the environment. She says the teachers are strict, but kind.

Vista Del Futuro Charter School 2

Posted June 03, 2015
I have to agree with the previous reviews for this year. They have some absolutely amazing teachers there, but the curriculum is sorely lacking. First off, this is not a STEM school. I have seen little except common core math based on the homework sent home. There is no robotics, no engineering, no advanced math here that I know of. Add to that no recess, no playground, no art, no library, no computers (it's supposed to be a technology school!), and no educational field trips. No celebrations either, not even an honor roll. The lunch program, which started off strong has ended with nachos and chicken nuggets. Nothing but a smaller version of a standard public school with less resources for the kids. Now, imagine all of this with absolutely no opportunities for parent involvement. You aren't allowed to have lunch with your child, visit their classroom to volunteer, etc. It's a closed door policy, and it makes you wonder what they have to hide. What little I have seen of the inside of the school makes me very disappointed. My daughter doesn't want to return next year because she said "learning wasn't fun anymore". I guess it could be worse, but we will be looking for better next year. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe they are able to offer any advantage over the public school here, unless you're absolutely set on smaller classes and willing to trade everything else I listed for it.

Posted April 21, 2015
My husband and I were super excited when we heard about this school and everything it offered, from the STEM curriculum, to robotics, the music program, etc. I have been greatly disappointed. The school year is close to finishing and no robotics. At the new student orientation we were shown a garden. My child has never worked on it. The students were going to be grouped according to their abilities and strengths and this was not so. As of today, my child has not gone on any educational field trips. They are not allowed to celebrate holidays like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. I was really hoping that this school would challenge my child and made learning fun and exciting through lot's of hands on activities and projects........... not so. NO SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS, NO COMPUTER LAB, NO LIBRARY. My child says "My school is so boring !!" My child used to love going to school but that is not the case anymore. And the lunch ladies............. I won't even go there. All in all, major disappointment. We made a mistake and we will not be repeating it next year.

7310 Bishop Flores Drive, El Paso, TX  79912
Last modified Vista Del Futuro Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.