El Paso, TX
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

NHHSA does its utmost to serve the individual needs of each of its students, even disciplinary cases. However, for the welfare of all families concerned, there is always a reasonable line that must be drawn, and NHHSA does so with its policy on illicit drug use while attending the campus. No NHHSA student has ever been required to study off-campus except where illicit drug use or threat to the safety or well-being of other on-campus students is concerned. We are disappointed when we have to do so, but we must protect the integrity of our school and all students in our care. NHHSA does, however, appreciate your feedback.
October 08, 2012

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 13, 2015
From my experience I can tell you that New Horizons Home School Academy really cares about your child’s education and development. The teachers are wonderful and are always willing to help with individual attention. From the Director to the support staff this school is dedicated to the success of your child. I’m very happy that my daughter attends New Horizons Home School Academy and I would not have her go to any other school. I highly recommend this school for your family.

Posted July 07, 2015
Our experience has been nothing short of amazing. New Horizons Home School Academy provides a warm and nurturing environment that allows each student to flourish because not only are they interested in your child’s education, but they are also interested in your child’s overall well-being. The Director and staff are extraordinary and it’s evident that they are dedicated to the success of each child that walks through their door. I am proud and fortunate to say that my child attends such a remarkable school.

Posted July 07, 2015
Wonderful school! My kids have loved coming to this school and have just blossomed here. The teachers are great and give the individual attention needed, staff is friendly and always willing to help. My son had struggled with ADHD, in public school they simply put him in special ed and refused to work with him any further, but once I brought him here he shined! They came up with a program that has done wonders for him. Very happy to have found this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 07, 2015
I have recently graduated from NHHSA. As an Off-Campus student (Home Work Program). Although I was Home Schooled, this school provided me with all I needed to be able to learn in my own home. I was allowed as well, to come on-campus up to 2-3 days a week; if I needed any help on any subjects I couldn't do on my own. The teachers and staff are outstanding! They also open opportunities for students who need help and tutoring, and refer parents to gifted and experienced private tutors. What amazed me the most was the environment I experienced since the first time I entered the classroom. I saw powerful bonds between students and teachers; it was definitely a whole new world compared to Public School. Never did I see a student be mistreated by any of their peers, despite any of their imperfections. All students of all ages were kind and friendly to one another; Students struggling with disciplinary problems were addressed correctly, the staff truly did their best to see improvement in these students, unless they became a threat to the safety of the children in the classroom. Which of course is very understandable, they must provide a safe environment for all children; one that parents trust for their kids. They provided a beautiful graduation as well, for home-schooled and on-campus students. It was a joy to see young and older graduate and receive their diplomas on stage. In this school age nor disabilities matter, all students are equal. Most importantly they are given individuality; NHHSA brings to sight the hidden gifts in each student.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 07, 2015
All students are individually given work that suits their personal capabilities. Adjustments are always open for parents and students.

Posted October 28, 2013
This school changed my son's life! He was struggling just to get to school, every morning was a fight and we had multiple visits from the truancy officer. After several months of New Horizons, last year, he is disciplined, playing sports in public school, and brought his grades up from last year. I am happy to have found this school! The director is so involved in the education of students, she really does care. The teachers care and it made all the difference! I highly recommend both the classroom and the home study program.

Posted October 22, 2013
I was so afraid to leave the public school system and thought that our son telling us every week that he's bored was just part of him being a kid. Not until we recently enrolled him in the NHHSA did we realize what it was like to witness your child absolutely blossom! He's respected for his individuality, stimulated creatively, nurtured socially and challenged academically. We are truly blessed to have found this hidden gem in El Paso. The independent learning infrastructure may not be for every child but wow when you take a GT child and let him or her push their capabilities rather than get sucked into the typical classroom routine where the bright kids are bored, unchallenged and unmotivated while the teacher is trying to get 33 other students to a level required to pass the STAARS test you see a complete transformation in their approach to learning and achieving academic success! We are truly grateful to the administrator and educators at NHHSA!

Posted October 18, 2013
New Horizons Home School is the perfect fit for my nephew! Since enrolling this year, the personal attention and care Ms. Boyer and her staff have given Eddie has been invaluable. He is beginning to experience success for the first time in a long time. The care and attention the staff gives is an important element in the education process. Thank you New Horizons. Leo Feuerstein

Posted October 18, 2013
New Horizons has been a very big blessing for our family. Having searched high and low for the perfect school, we finally found everything that we were looking for at NHHSA. We not only found a great administrator and great instructors, but also a place that would allow my child to be himself. We are extremely happy with New Horizons Home School Academy. Thank Ms. Boyer and A.J. and all of the wonderful staff!!

11444 Rojas Dr., Suite C6, El Paso, TX  79935
Last modified New Horizons Home School Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
New Horizons Home School Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top