PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

NHHSA does its utmost to serve the individual needs of each of its students, even disciplinary cases. However, for the welfare of all families concerned, there is always a reasonable line that must be drawn, and NHHSA does so with its policy on illicit drug use while attending the campus. No NHHSA student has ever been required to study off-campus except where illicit drug use or threat to the safety or well-being of other on-campus students is concerned. We are disappointed when we have to do so, but we must protect the integrity of our school and all students in our care. NHHSA does, however, appreciate your feedback.
October 08, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I cannot comment on all of them. It would be unfair judging everyone for the teacher mu child was assigned to. But this young lady is not qualified to be a teacher. Constantly googling answers is totally unacceptable.

Amount of homework: no rating

They don’t really pay attention to the work being assigned. They just divide a textbook in the number of months the kids attend school. For example, for a child who is starting to learn multiplication, it will take a few months to really master the concept and then the tables. In their curriculum, they assign all multiplication tables AND start on divisions on a 2-month span. Do they really think children will master multiplication and division in 2 months? I don’t think they do. I just think they don’t even know what work they are assigning.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Not really. Good leaders lead by example. Two of NHSA’s policies are: 1) denim are not allowed (except for Fridays) and 2) If you arrive 5 minutes late the child will not be allowed in the classroom. The principal is rarely there when classes are supposed to start, and I don’t think and I ever saw her not wearing jeans. What message is sending to children? Do as I say, not as I do?

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I will give the teachers the benefit of a doubt and say somewhat effective as I am not impressed with the level of interaction and implementaion of teacher led courses.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The challenge of the right amount of homework provided is less of a concern to me as a parent. I felt that my child may not have been as challenged or directed to truly understanding the coursework provided. Whether your student is learning Math or Grammar on their own, I would not recommend any student take on a new language without the assistance of a fluent teacher/tutor. Parent(s) or the person in charge of the student's curriculum should be very concerned to provide the appropriate teacher and tools to insure the student learn the correct pronunciation, grammar, communication and writing of the new language. Without feedback on incorrect answers how can one expect that a student's time invested in learning a new language would have even been beneficial to that student?

Develops character: Strongly agree

From my experience I can tell you that New Horizons Home School Academy really cares about your child’s education and development. The teachers are wonderful and are always willing to help with individual attention. From the Director to the support staff this school is dedicated to the success of your child. I’m very happy that my daughter attends New Horizons Home School Academy and I would not have her go to any other school. I highly recommend this school for your family.

Our experience has been nothing short of amazing. New Horizons Home School Academy provides a warm and nurturing environment that allows each student to flourish because not only are they interested in your child’s education, but they are also interested in your child’s overall well-being. The Director and staff are extraordinary and it’s evident that they are dedicated to the success of each child that walks through their door. I am proud and fortunate to say that my child attends such a remarkable school.

Wonderful school! My kids have loved coming to this school and have just blossomed here. The teachers are great and give the individual attention needed, staff is friendly and always willing to help. My son had struggled with ADHD, in public school they simply put him in special ed and refused to work with him any further, but once I brought him here he shined! They came up with a program that has done wonders for him. Very happy to have found this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have recently graduated from NHHSA. As an Off-Campus student (Home Work Program). Although I was Home Schooled, this school provided me with all I needed to be able to learn in my own home. I was allowed as well, to come on-campus up to 2-3 days a week; if I needed any help on any subjects I couldn't do on my own. The teachers and staff are outstanding! They also open opportunities for students who need help and tutoring, and refer parents to gifted and experienced private tutors. What amazed me the most was the environment I experienced since the first time I entered the classroom. I saw powerful bonds between students and teachers; it was definitely a whole new world compared to Public School. Never did I see a student be mistreated by any of their peers, despite any of their imperfections. All students of all ages were kind and friendly to one another; Students struggling with disciplinary problems were addressed correctly, the staff truly did their best to see improvement in these students, unless they became a threat to the safety of the children in the classroom. Which of course is very understandable, they must provide a safe environment for all children; one that parents trust for their kids. They provided a beautiful graduation as well, for home-schooled and on-campus students. It was a joy to see young and older graduate and receive their diplomas on stage. In this school age nor disabilities matter, all students are equal. Most importantly they are given individuality; NHHSA brings to sight the hidden gifts in each student.

Amount of homework: Agree

All students are individually given work that suits their personal capabilities. Adjustments are always open for parents and students.

Last modified New Horizons Home School Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12