El Paso, TX
Before care: Yes
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

NHHSA does its utmost to serve the individual needs of each of its students, even disciplinary cases. However, for the welfare of all families concerned, there is always a reasonable line that must be drawn, and NHHSA does so with its policy on illicit drug use while attending the campus. No NHHSA student has ever been required to study off-campus except where illicit drug use or threat to the safety or well-being of other on-campus students is concerned. We are disappointed when we have to do so, but we must protect the integrity of our school and all students in our care. NHHSA does, however, appreciate your feedback.
October 8, 2012

Posted October 28, 2013
This school changed my son's life! He was struggling just to get to school, every morning was a fight and we had multiple visits from the truancy officer. After several months of New Horizons, last year, he is disciplined, playing sports in public school, and brought his grades up from last year. I am happy to have found this school! The director is so involved in the education of students, she really does care. The teachers care and it made all the difference! I highly recommend both the classroom and the home study program.

Posted October 22, 2013
I was so afraid to leave the public school system and thought that our son telling us every week that he's bored was just part of him being a kid. Not until we recently enrolled him in the NHHSA did we realize what it was like to witness your child absolutely blossom! He's respected for his individuality, stimulated creatively, nurtured socially and challenged academically. We are truly blessed to have found this hidden gem in El Paso. The independent learning infrastructure may not be for every child but wow when you take a GT child and let him or her push their capabilities rather than get sucked into the typical classroom routine where the bright kids are bored, unchallenged and unmotivated while the teacher is trying to get 33 other students to a level required to pass the STAARS test you see a complete transformation in their approach to learning and achieving academic success! We are truly grateful to the administrator and educators at NHHSA!

Posted October 18, 2013
New Horizons Home School is the perfect fit for my nephew! Since enrolling this year, the personal attention and care Ms. Boyer and her staff have given Eddie has been invaluable. He is beginning to experience success for the first time in a long time. The care and attention the staff gives is an important element in the education process. Thank you New Horizons. Leo Feuerstein

Posted October 18, 2013
New Horizons has been a very big blessing for our family. Having searched high and low for the perfect school, we finally found everything that we were looking for at NHHSA. We not only found a great administrator and great instructors, but also a place that would allow my child to be himself. We are extremely happy with New Horizons Home School Academy. Thank Ms. Boyer and A.J. and all of the wonderful staff!!

Posted October 23, 2012
I want the best possible education for my children. The New Horizons Home School Academy offers skilled, engaging, and compassionate teachers. They allow my children to grow. They allow them to be stimulated by new ideas and ways of thinking. They give them a sense of accomplishment and encourage team spirit. These are all excellent lessons they need to learn in order to be successful adults. I m very proud of the school my children attend. I would definitely recommend New Horizons Home School Academy.

Posted October 15, 2012
I love the school. The staff is great and my son seems to be excelling more in all his work. Hes been going to this school for 4 years. He loves the staff... They treat him like family

Posted October 09, 2012
Wonderful school! My kids have loved coming to this school and have just blossomed here. The teachers are great and give the individual attention needed, staff is friendly and always willing to help. My son had struggled with ADHD, in public school they simply put him in special ed and refused to work with him any further, but once I brought him here he shined! They came up with a program that has done wonders for him. Very happy to have found this school.

Posted October 09, 2012
New Horizons changed my son's life. He has Asperger's and suffered from non-stop bullying in the public school system. New Horizons treats students with dignity and respect, and teaches the students not only academically, but behaviorally. They addressed the few problems I had immediately and with the utmost fairness to everyone involved. They are a shining example of how schools should be for the wellbeing of our children.

Posted October 09, 2012
Honestly my experience with this school has been very wonderful!!! the staff is always very professional and very caring towards my son he is 9 going on ten and is very happy as a student there, i actually have a boy on the way and am excited to say that he will be attending this school as soon as he is potty trained =) i would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for a school that cares about a students academics and their individual personalities.

Posted October 09, 2012
I love this school and what it has done for my family! My child has been going there for 5 years and I am very satisfied with the level of professioalism and its approach to education that I feel no other school does. Your child is not treated like a number or statistic they are treated with respect and with their success in mind. I would not take my child anywhere else.

New Horizons Home School Academy
11444 Rojas Dr., Suite C6, El Paso, TX  79935
Last modified New Horizons Home School Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
New Horizons Home School Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top