Bad
Good

i what to know the abenses of my son Moises Cazares and his grades to please i am worried about him and his grades i whanted him to graduate thank you Irma Cazares

I've been a student at this school for two years and I'm currently entering my junior year. The school itself is in pretty bad condition and huge budget cuts by the El Paso Independent School District have really taken their toll. However, all of the teachers I've had at this school really care about the students and try to make the best out of what meek resources they have. The Journalism program is outstanding. The real problem is the students. Many of them are good, rule-abiding students, however the troublemakers are the students that commute from Ju rez and refuse to speak English. They are normally very disruptive and are best to be avoided. Other than that the school is superb and I'll be proud to call myself a Burges alumnus, come 2013.

We are a military family that moved to the area at the beginning of the 10-11 school year. 2 of my sons attend this school. Although the school's staff are great, a lot of the students have a problem with kids that do not speak Spanish and are not of Hispanic origin. There has been name calling and being told they "do not belong there". There is also a lack of adult supervision (there is no supervision) in the student parking lot after school during after school activities. Kids are aloud to run ramped and bully other kids during this time.

Great school! My son is so happy with his teachers. Principal Watts is wonderful! I am also a graduate and really had a great experience!

This school is so awsome! I just love to 2 years i have spent here at Burges!

Excellent sports and academics is really all that I look for in a school for my children and I have to say Burges has all these qualities and more.

This is one of the best schools of all time. Most of the teachers are terrific. We learn alot at this school. It should be a 10 out of 10 GreatSchools rating.

My daughter is a freshman at Burges High School, and all the teachers and most of the kids there are great, it's the attendence office I have a problem with. The female workers (with the exception of 1) that work there, are all fairly rude, and unhelpful. Not to mention incompetent. At least in my opinion.

My son is a freshman at Burges High School this year and has experienced a superb transition to high school from Middle School in all areas, academics, sports, and socially. As a military parent who has lived in many different communities, quality schools are always an important element of relocation. Burges administration, faculty, and the student body has quickly made our son feel accepted at his new school and he is excelling in a superb learning environment. Mr Watts is an excellent Principal and Burges High School reflects his quality leadership.

Last modified Burges High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.