Posted April 15, 2014
My school is the best experience I have ever had regarding education, I came from other country and it was a challenge to fit in in this new environment, but Coronado students are really charismatic and there is no hate for anyone, all of us are Thunderbirds as a whole. The majority of the teachers know what to do in class. The secretaries, counselors and coordinators are really helpful. Coronado High School is a great school, I honestly think that it is one of the best schools to attend in El Paso.

Posted May 13, 2011
This school is probably the best school to send your kids to in the El Paso area. Even people from the other side of the border in Mexico send their kids here. It has a great learning environment and the students are really nice. Everyone talks to each other and everyone has enormous school spirit. Best school ever!

Posted August 08, 2010
I think this school is the best school you can ever send your child to its progressed by far what it had been i really like this school

Posted July 02, 2010
We are from Germany and my son attends the IB program. I am very happy with this school. The IB coordinator is great and very nice. I really recommend this school.

Posted March 03, 2010
Im a current student at Coronado High School. Coronado is a good school but it is not great. There is a lot of students who dont even try and the standard has gone down. Im a member of the IB program and it is an excellent program. Discipline at Coronado is a joke, there is a lot of what we call 'cholos.' There are many great teachers and many of them have a masters degree which is outstanding. The one thing I love about Coronado is that there is really no cliques, everyone hangs out with everyone and it is a really friendly environment. The new additions of D and E buildings are very nice and the principal is excellent but the school does need a higher standard on discipline.

Posted November 03, 2009
Im so proud to be CHS parents, they are great staff, teacher, worker and the students. Thanks for the opportunities that you give to the students and also the programs that the School have. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks CHS

Posted September 16, 2009
Love the teachers, and people there. Everything seems to be a great balance there. The teachers seem to like teaching.

Posted December 08, 2008
I m a CHS graduate who has started college and I am proud to have gone to such a well-rounded school. Thanks to Coronado s diversity (due to Westside El Paso s demographics) I have had a smooth transition into the cultural diversity at my college. For the most part, teachers there are good and if not good at least caring. I know very few people in college who had high school teachers with master s degrees, while most of mine did. I went to Coronado after 10 years at a prestigious private school, and I can say with certainty that it was a great choice to continue my education. The AP and IB programs are excellent, but I know kids that took regular courses and still made it into respectable universities. Thank you, Coronado.

Coronado High School 3

Posted March 31, 2008

Posted November 08, 2007
this school has always had a good histroy of academics, and athletics. expecially the fine arts department

Coronado High School
100 Champions Place, El Paso, TX  79912
Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top