Posted April 17, 2014
My family is military and this is the worst school BY FAR that my children have ever attended. They lost my kindergartner twice, and even went as far as to blame her for it (her teacher was actually at fault for sending her to the wrong spot to be picked up). They promise things they don't deliver, only offer maybe 5 minuets for your kids to eat lunch, and refuse to let children use the restrooms. Personally I can't wait to get all 4 of my children out of EPISD. This is the only school that made me want to pull my children out and home school them.

Posted April 08, 2014
This school is horrendous to say the least. The security is terrible for the safety of the students. Tge administration is entirely Inept at the jobs they are assigned.

Hughey Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
This school is great! There may be some pretty tough teachers throughout the grade levels at this school in my opinion if you are a student but you will soon realize that they give great discipline and are actually pretty good teachers, while there are also great kind and caring teachers at this school. They are working on expanding this school renovating it, making it more secure, and a better school! Which is great! The GT program along all the grade levels is amazing and leaves you prepared for middle school, I have had a wonderful experience at this school as a former student I highly recommend it and hope it continues to improve.

Posted July 17, 2013
Humph my kid hat jus got out this school this yeer because he finally gradyatered from the fifth grade. All I can say is FINNNNASALLY I am sooooo done with dis school and the shenanergans of the tetchers whom work here along wig da principal. He don't know what he job really is because he sure ain't doin it bc my child was in 2nd grade threeeee years and he ain't got no help or assistance from no one This is not asceptable. That's why all our childrens ain't getting a qualerty exducasion. ZERO STARS IF I COULD BUT I CAN'T SO YEAH Y'ALL CAN FEEL LILE YOU SHINING BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND BUT YOU KNOW YOU JUST DULL LIKE YOU MAKIN THEM CHILDREN WITH THIS TERRIBLE SYSTEM

Hughey Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2012
Okay I have to say after reading the reviews last year for this school I had my reservations about weather or not I wanted to send my 6 yr old to school here.I took a shot in the dark and rolled with it.SHE LOVED IT!!She took to her teacher better than she did any other teacher she had had so far ,granted she had attended pre-k before attending hughey but still amazingly enough she go though kindergarten with out being bully teased or any serious matter this last year.Her teacher was very attentive to how she did in class(class size of about 20-22). Any time they had an upcoming event I received a note from the teacher , homework 4 days a week , she loved it like I said.Im however am not a fan of some of the other children that attend this school , just the lack of respect for another.

Posted August 04, 2010
Wow! I can't believe Hughey received a rating of 4 because it should be MUCH LOWER. This is the most ghetto school my children ever attended. The only reason we sent them was because of the convenience (being so close to Corigador housing). With the number of military families moving to this area one would think this school would raise it's standards. At the time my children attended Hughey, the PTA board consisted of only 3 women. They are quick to ask for volunteers but don't want anyone else to be an actual member of the PTA board which consists of 14 slots. I can't deny that there are some awesome teachers there and the Assistant Principal rocks but this school needs a lot of improvements internally as well as externally. There is a military liason and she's really nice but hardly around.I took my children out and left running!

Posted May 06, 2010
Scary to know my son could go missing and I would not know until I picked him up. I kept him home from school one day because he was sick, but there was no call advising me that my son has not been there. I'm from California and a school with the same rating called me within an hour that my son was not accounted for. I wish they would take safety more seriously.

Posted April 17, 2010
Poor care, Poor supervision. My child attended two months till I pulled her out. I volunteered 3 days out of a week. Was told by PTA president that they needed help even though they hadnt rec'd my background check yet. The kinders play ground in old with chipping paint, glass bottle pieces found in the sand, one supervising approx. 45 kids at a time. I caught two kinder kids walking out of the schl front doors. These doors stay open all day. Many times office door was closed and no one seeing who co,e into the school. I walked around without a visitor pin before I was even volunteering. Where is the school safety?? You live in a part of Officier housing you are assigned to this school.

Posted July 20, 2009

Hughey Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2008

Hughey Elementary School
6201 Hughey Circle, El Paso, TX  79925
Last modified Hughey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hughey Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top