Posted April 02, 2014
I can not rave enough about Mesita Elementary. This is our first year at Mesita and we have been welcomed from the day we registered. The Principal and Assistant principal, staff, P.T.A, parents and especially the teachers have been wonderful. They are eager to help in any way and have made us feel welcomed and part of the Mesita Mustang family. The school has tremendous support from the P.T.A, parents, family, students, community, faculty and staff. Parents are welcomed to partipate and be part of all events.The P.T.A is incredible they do so much for the children, school and the community. Mesita has wonderful teachers that are very dedicated and caring. My son is in the Connecting Worlds program and I am very impressed with all he has learned with his teacher and the program. His teacher is beyond excellent she goes above and beyond her job. Mesita Elementary is known to excel in academics. This is true as a parent I can see why they excel. The faculty and staff work very hard for the students to not only excel academically but to challange them creatively with programs they offer through out the year. The students work very hard and have great pride in being a Mesita Mustang!

Posted November 10, 2013
My family has been in different parts of the US and by far this is one of the best schools. My daughter was in the Dual Program. She has a very strong academic level now thanks to them. I wanted to mention that yes I looked for the Dual program because I wanted her to learn Spanish, however, the academic level was very high. She had fun, she learned to write and read in Spanish and parent participation was very open for every parent. The Principal was very nice and very respectful. It is not important if she was serious or funny. What matters is how good she did her job. She is all over the school, helping, assisting, outside. The secretaries , always ready to help. The counselor, ready to assist parents and students. My experience with that school was very positive. I did not go to Isleta Dual because it was too far away, but regardless of comparing both my daughter was well prepared at Mesita. We live in the north now and she takes AP classes without a problem. The last thing I have to say is that I am a person with very, very high expectations as a mother and as a teacher so take my advise and visit the school.

Posted November 09, 2013
Academically probably the best in El Paso but gets negative reviews because of parking and other stupid comments. I would rather have my child learn and don't care if I have to take a taxi and walk a mile. Keep up the good work teachers.

Mesita Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is getting lousy as the years go by. The worst is the horrible parking there is a band on visitors parking after school when it is much needed. They DOGS that should control the traffic in the parking and allow parents to fill empty parking slots instead of parents having to walk 3-4 blocks to pick the children up.in the bad weather are they going to pay doctor bills when the kids get sick due to having to walk in the bad weather

Mesita Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2013
My daughter has attended Mesita since Pre-K, and I can now make a full overall review of this school. First off, any time I had to go into the office, I dealt with sour, unprofessional, unorganized, extremely rude, and unknowledgable staff - who most don't speak English correctly anyway. It is all the same parents that are involved and they are clique-ey, just like back in high school, and they don't "let you in" to help, at all. Most of the teachers my daughter had were subpar, to the point where I would constantly have to correct teacher's spelling on vocab lists. If you must deal with a certain Mr. B., be prepared for condescendence, rude sarcasm, and arrogance. And don't even get me started on the lunch ladies that have tormented the kids. Icould continue, but I think this is informative enough. Thankfully, I will no longer be dealing with this mediocre staff.

Posted January 13, 2013
" PTA is her own little fundraising army and uses funds inappropriately, under the table, preferential treatment is rampant". Examples? I have never heard of such a thing there. The PTA is very fair and is always looking out for the best interests of the students and teachers.One of the best PTAs in El Paso. Feel free to join the board.All I can say is get more involved in your childrens school and don't appear just when something is wrong.

Mesita Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2012
Mesita Elementary The tone is set at the top Lila Ferris,Principal, is a well spoken individual; BUT is DISINGENUOUS. She is not friendly, she has GATE KEEPERS to ward off anyone that she & her staff feel are beneath her, or do not meet her wealth standard or what can they do for me or get me something I want scam.Her office STAFF are rude, condescending, prejudice. They bend EPISD rules to suit them& who they want at the school. There is no confidentiality when problems arise a gossip. If you have a problem with a teacher, or your child needs accommodations, everyone will know about it by day s end & will be talking about it at student pick-up at 3:15PM. She covers for teachers and other staff that are inept and bullies! She also will rid her school of very good teachers if they don t go along with the pack! PTA is her own little fundraising army and uses funds inappropriately, under the table, preferential treatment is rampant. What once was a very nice,good school, w/hardworking folks, is now a DICTATORSHIP.She s been here TOO LONG; it's harming the school. She was a Lorenzo Garcia, Superintendent advocate he's in prison! What she has been doing?

Mesita Elementary School 1

Posted October 18, 2012
WOW-I am so glad that someone else had the guts to say it like it is! I am a great-grandmother who still lives in the Mesita area! The principal Ms Ferris has run off or pushed out many great teachers. Her staff is VERY RUDE and feel protected because she is a horrible administrator. There are several BULLIES there-2nd Grd Teacher/Dual Language/ Cafeteria Mgr...She keeps them working and harms the students and insults the parents. SHAME ON YOU Ms. Ferris. The school is mess. Go somewhere else.

Posted August 15, 2010
oh and st.patricks school is horrible horrible they babysit they teach NOTHING I AM A X STUDENT AND MESITA WAS EXCELLENT!

Posted December 03, 2009
Mesita is the best elementary school in El Paso. Very caring and professional teachers and administration. My children are very happy and so am I. C. Renteria

Mesita Elementary School
3307 North Stanton Street, El Paso, TX  79902
Last modified Mesita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesita Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top