Ross Middle School 1

Posted May 23, 2014
Horrible school. From the teachers, support staff and administrators. There is a lack of discipline or reinforcement of rules at this school. Not impressed and will not be sending my child here. There is a reason why so many military families choose to go to other schools or homeschool. Very disappointed in this school especially being one that is supposedly has a high military child population. The classes are taught in dual languages so to me as a parent I feel that it takes away from critical instructional time.

Ross Middle School 2

Posted April 18, 2014
I went to this school for my 6th and 7th grade year, and it was TERRIBLE. Some of the teachers were very rude and uptight, but other teachers are very clingy. I HATED this school. I am a military child, so I've gone to lots of schools before. All the students had their own cliques. It is not a very helpful school for new or military students. The office clerks are VERY rude and non caring, but the vice principal Mr. Djebrane was very nice and helpful. The students are mainly 'nonmilitary.' I would not recommend attending this school.

Posted January 08, 2014
Honestly, I've been at Ross since 6th grade and I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, there are some bad kids but there are kids like that in many schools. The staff is in no way rude, and the teachers are wonderful, of course not everyone will think the same though. The newest principle is also very nice. Honestly, it is a great school, even though I know some may not agree. The school lunch system could improve though..

Posted November 21, 2013
I was very hesitant about sending my child to this school. Not only is the location not appealing but having my military child move from a school of all military kids, to a school where she would be mixed in with everyone else, was a little unnerving. However, she has adjusted well and is learning a variety of academic and social responsibilities. Also, through her extra-curricular activities, she is able to be more involved in her school. With any situation, you get out of it what you put into it. As parents, we attend all school functions and have been pleased with the welcoming atmosphere and genuine greetings that we get from the administration and teachers. This school is not perfect, as no school is, but we have thus far been pleased with our experiences here.

Posted August 06, 2013
For all the parents that are coming from a military back round, and find this school with no discipline. Yes, I'm sorry to say our schools have no discipline. From the teacher to the superintendent - No Discipline. I am a 1981 Ross Rebel Pride Graduate where Pride, Discipline, was instilled into our brains by one Man, and no it was not the Principle Mr. Chisari although he was a decent and fair Principle. that one man was the greatest coach that ever lived Coach W. Hartley.

Posted November 20, 2010
I was in this school in 1964, at the sixth grade level. I was not any good speaking or writing in english when I got there. I studied there for only one year. When I finished I was pretty good at both, and got trough school with good grades. So people do not blame the school for bad parenting. By the way I am not Mexican.

Ross Middle School 3

Posted August 23, 2010
Yes indeed, it is the Middle School assigned to the Military Children living in Ft. Bliss. We are not very happy either .. BUT ... it isn't as bad at all. You have to look at the good things first. Academically we have been surprisingly pleased. The 6th grade teachers were actually very good and our daughter learned well and mastered her TAKS tests also amazingly. Of course you can always do more, teachers and students and parent(s). We have made only good experiences with the school staff, no matter if administration, teachers, or office staff. What we didn't like is, that students, parents, and office staff, as well as teachers speak Spanish more than English. It should not be allowed for staff and students to speak any other language on campus but English. Many kids at the school have a bad attitude, no respect, and no disciplin. However, we managed.

Ross Middle School 2

Posted July 15, 2010
I am shocked that this school has a rating of 5. This school is located right outside of Fort Bliss Military Installation. Military children in housing at this location are assigned here. As a military mom, I am appalled that our children are forced to attend schools that are not even qualifying. I transfered my children out of here (because they are a failing school) AND because discipline is non-existent. Schools need to get tougher regarding discipline and learning English. This school is a joke.

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted May 08, 2010
ross middle is the best school ive ever been to.they will show a good example for kids.now i really recomend your child to go there because they are like experts in teaching.they are so good that they got me a 100 on my math and i got commended on my reading.bravo to the teachers and bravo to my home middle school Ross

Ross Middle School
6101 Hughey Circle, El Paso, TX  79925
Last modified Ross Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.