El Paso, TX

Posted March 25, 2014
Travis Elementary is AWESOME! When I first saw the school, I wasn't certain that it would be a good school for my kids, but I decided to give it a chance. I'm so glad that I did! As one person told me, "Travis is a diamond in the rough." This is so true. Every person I've met in the school has been great. Staff/Teachers are very approachable and willing to help. And while at first glance, there doesn't seem to be a lot a parent involvement, I can see them working behind the scenes by the support the students receive. My children love the school, and I'm very glad they're happy and learning! Specifically, I like the consistency in required behavior for the students - in general, the students are well-behaved and respectful - and the communication between the school (teachers, as well) and parent

Posted November 11, 2013
In all the time I have volunteered with Travis Elementary I have seen one thing, Determination. The principle strives daily to make the school a place that the students would want to be. The teachers I have met are all about the students, they work very hard to instruct the students in everything they need to know. The school is very clean and safe. I have found it to be a very learning rich environment.

Posted November 03, 2013
Many of the reviews of this school are old and outdated. My two children have attended Travis for the past two years and it is a GREAT school. The teachers are very involved with helping each student reach their full potential. The principal is working very hard to ensure that all students are striving for success. Test scores for this school continue to climb and exceed expectations. IF you are wary about the area the school is located, please know that this is a VERY safe school. I would recommend this school to any and all military parents who move into the area. GO TORNADOES!!!!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
This school has a lot of bad reviews and I agree with them. My son is in Pre-K and it is one main teacher with about 20 students. They only tell you if your child is doing bad behavior wise. The only reason my kids go here is because it the school in our district. We will be looking for another school for my kids to attend.

Posted November 11, 2010
This school is horrible the principal has no control of her students and the teachers are weak and pathetic its not fair that the teachers use spanish as a crutch. I dont speak spanish neither do my children so its pretty pathetic that teachers use that as an alibi for bad teaching. The teachers are more concerned with getting by than making a difference with these kids. The principal is so scared to make a decision to discipline unruly kids that, the teachers dont respect her. I am sick of this school and this weak principal, i wouldnt recommend noone send their child here. How can you rate a school where military kids seem to have it the worst, simply pathetic.

Posted September 09, 2010
Due to a lawsuit that occurred in 1977, if you live in the Travis or Burnet district you are totally screwed. Too many parents wanted to transfer their kids out of the ghetto and EPISD put a stop to it. This school needs the $$, I mean your child to attend. The area surrounding the school is so frightening you may feel the urge to arm yourself. I guess homeschool or seek refuge at a private institution...

Posted June 19, 2007
Although I was pleased with my son's third grade teacher, that was the only thing I was happy about with the school. There is a major lack od discipline. The teachers are forced to teach to the TAKS tests. I had to send my son there because of where our military housing is located. Things were so bad that I am homeschooling next year. There is not one school in this district that I would trust with my child's education.

Posted May 04, 2007

Posted April 21, 2007
- a former student

Posted July 26, 2006
when we first sent our son to this school we were told his teacher was very good but i wish the worried more about social skills and the children than the test scores all the time. the also need to screen their lower grade teachers a little better they need to be able to make things more exciting to learn,

Travis Elementary School
5000 North Stevens Street, El Paso, TX  79930
Last modified Travis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Travis Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top